Happy Places | Pad Patter 4.22.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Apr 22, 2017.

1. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Ha! I will take that as a compliment :dancebun

My happy place is at my computer scrapping OR anywhere overseas with DD and DH taking photos. We only really relax when we are out of the country and away from work (because we work at home, on the road while in NZ, in airports, all day, all night ...) :circles

jenn mccabe and bellbird like this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

LOL it was totally meant as a compliment, reading it back it sounds very backhanded but it was totally meant in the nicest 'you rock photojournalism' kinda way!:notworthy:backing

LynnG likes this.
  3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Your area sounds like mine! Upstate Carolina has the foothills and Blue Ridge. And the beach to the east. :) But "the Beach" as Myrtle Beach/Calabash is called here is just toooooo swamped with tourists and the traffic is very difficult to navigate due to only one main highway N/S.

bellbird likes this.
  4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Hmmmm, based upon this thread, a designer might do well to create a hiking kit! :idea2

5. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

My happy place is sitting in the front of a speedboat with the sun on my face & the wind in my hair & the engine so loud that you can't hold a conversation with anyone else.

:heartslub :heartslub :heartslub

I got to do that a couple days last summer when we visited my husband's brother's lake house. I don't think we'll get the chance this summer but it's a memory that will live in my heart forever.

6. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I just love spending time on our back deck with a cold one and visiting with my hubby.
    Alone time would be at my family camp on the shores of Lake Superior walking the white sandy beach stopping along the way to pick up my beach glass treasures finding a spot about an hour along and taking a swim (it is sooo private I skinny dip) then head back to our camp.

7. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I have two...

Like @QuiltyMom, one of mine is Disneyland. I am a complete sap and get all teary eyed walking into the park on the first morning of our trip. Clara and I are going in June for our third year in a row... can't wait!

My second one is our cabin in Michigan. All of the comforts of home without all of the demands. We're all there together, yet no one has a class to run off to or work to go to. We're just there... hanging out, going out during the day, watching movies and playing board games at night.

bellbird, MandaKay and QuiltyMom like this.
  8. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

My happy place is anywhere with a beach, the sun, a good drink and my book! :D Thankfully, we are lucky enough to have my inlaw's lake house so that turns into my favorite weekend escape all summer long!

bellbird likes this.
  9. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

My happy place is inside a good sci-fi/fantsy/paranormal book. Or, beside some water just sitting and soaking in the lovely.

bellbird likes this.
  10. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

My happy place is in the summer at our trailer at our camping resort. I love the time with family and the "no pressures" on the day...just hang out, meet up with friends and family that also stay there, sun and fun!

bellbird likes this.
  11. Squirrely

Squirrely Well-Known Member

I'm one of these people that really is pretty happy wherever they are, I believe it comes from spending so much time in hospitals. As long as I'm out of one of those, I'm a happy clam. But like all of the 'chronologically gifted' ladies that posted before me, I'm happiest at home in my sunporch bedroom, with my pups and my computer.

I do have wonderful memories of doing so many of the things you've all talked about though - I just wish I had the photos of even half of them!

bellbird likes this.
  12. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

From a nature perspective, the beach is my happy place! I could sit there all day (under a big sun umbrella obviously :cool:) listening to the sound of the waves coming in and out, like the planet breathing, crunching the sand between my toes and smelling the wonderful ozone heavy air. The BEST beach day is one were a storm rolls in!!

From an everyday happy place perspective, I have to say my reading chair because ... well its where I read :giggle

bellbird likes this.
  13. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Flagstaff and up on the Rim are my local happy places. I love Laguna Beach...we just don't get to go very often.

bellbird likes this.
  14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i know exactly what you mean and you described every facet of it so beautifully - you could write books!

amandac likes this.
  15. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

or maybe do book reviews :giggle

bellbird likes this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

from your fave chair even :D!

amandac likes this.
  17. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

My happy place is......

being outdoors with my camera, my dog and a coffee....strolling along and stopped to take a photo of whatever catches my eye. Even if I don't take many photos, it's my zen time, my quiet time and Taz loves to come with me. He'd rather go for a walk with me than play at the dog park. He loves to investigate as we walk along.