CLOSED-Inchies! You gotta try them! Ends March 1st

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by AnneofAlamo, Feb 8, 2017.

1. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Oh my gosh!! Haven't seen inchies in ages and I love them!!! They were so popular years back, even back in my paper days. Nice to see them making a comeback!!!!

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Here is mine. All done with the After The Rain Collab.
    [​IMG]

Frumpje, Rikki and mcurtt like this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

These are so fabulous! I love the various patterns and themes and other creative ideas I've seen! So inspiring!

I'd better get started on mine! I've intended to do this since it was first posted but after reading about people taking 6 hours to finish I got a bit nervous. I'm the kind of procrastinator who has trouble getting started on things that I think are going to be lengthy/difficult.

But it's now closer to the end of the month than the beginning. I will do this!

Karen likes this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I noticed that some people had the same paper for all of their squares, so I did something similar but different. I started with a painted patterned paper, added more paint, some sprinkles, etc. Then I flattened it all together and cut out my 100 squares. I was going to turn some or move them around, but decided to just leave them. Then it was just a matter of adding the things on top. So maybe 3 hours? Would have been less but I was multi-tasking at the same time.

Artisan users: make your paper background about 10 or 11" square (I used 11"). Use the Grid Cut and do a 5x5 with 1/16 spacing. While they are still all selected, do a Grid 4x4 cut. Now you have 100 squares. I resized one to 1x1", selected all the rest, then selected my 1" square last. Go to Arrange, same size. Bam. Done. Since mine was bigger than the 10" square to start, the re-sizing put a nice border between them all for me.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  5. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

I decided to write a letter to my code-mad daughter
    [​IMG]

tam65, flowersgal, Rikki and 2 others like this.
  6. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

This was so relaxing to do! I just went with the flow and let the kits tell me what to use.

[​IMG]

flowersgal and mcurtt like this.
  7. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

I am going to weep. No, I am weeping. Not only did I manage to somehow miss two layers for the top two inchies spelling love and you while merging, I also managed to merge the 600x600 layout overwriting the full size one! It took me only 8 hours to finish it today! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrgh! SOmebody kill me
    this is what it was supposed to look like, and I was going to give the full sized one to my daughter for her birthday in a couple of weeks, poor me! Alas.
    AJ_Feb02.jpg

flowersgal likes this.
  8. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

So many creative ideas. Thank you for the great templates. Wasn't sure it was okay but I used text as an element. This is what I came up with:
    [​IMG]

9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

39 (counting mine) inchies done! I am completely overwhelmed and amazed!

10. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

11. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

Here is mine. I tried to tell a story of being on holiday. Especially fresh in my mind as it at the tail end of summer holidays here in New Zealand.

[​IMG]

redplaid3 and flowersgal like this.
  12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I did it! And it only took about 3 hours. :D Instead of clipping papers to squares I put the paper atop the square layers, rasterized it, then used the magic wand tool to select the squares I wanted to cut from the paper (using the Command-Shift-I keyboard shortcut to invert the selection and hitting Delete to get rid of the parts of paper I didn't want). I had to adjust the color of some of the squares because I have 5 family members and the original template only has 4 shades of gray, and I think I made a mistake in the number of squares I changed, but I let it go . . . :)
    [​IMG]

redplaid3, flowersgal and Rikki like this.
  13. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

14. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

WHY DO I KEEP MAKING THESE??? ARGH!!!!

tam65 likes this.
  15. AnneofAlamo

hmmmmm perhaps deep down, you love the neatness of the tiny canvas?

tam65 likes this.
  16. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

Got quite a bit done on mine today! Time consuming but not as bad as I thought. Hope to finish in the next few days.

17. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Finally, done. I loved this project. I didn't think I would and now I'm already in withdrawls. I tried to think of a theme and when I saw one of Rebecca McMeen's kits, I thought, "Women's March." Here are my ladies, marching for the wonder of womanhood.

[​IMG]

flowersgal and carilyne like this.
  18. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

Probably a dumb question, but what is a credit tracker? I have to write everything that I use on paper.

19. AnneofAlamo

@crlin not a dumb question at all. It is a script you run. Sorta like an action, it collects the layer names and makes a text layer with all the layer names. If you look at my inchies page you will see kinda how it looks. I have to delete some and make it look better. I only use it when I have tons of layers or multiple kits. I am like you and usually use pad and paper. If you are interested, I can link you to the script. It is free and has a little tutorial. It is for elements and Photoshop programs.

20. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

Gosh I did not know that you could get such an action.