What will you take away from the MOC?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by jennv, Feb 8, 2017.

1. jennv

jennv CT - Amy Wolff

Ok. I gotta say this whole MOC got my creative juices flowing!! I'm really suffering withdrawal.

Here's my question. I'd really love to hear what you all have to say.
    Which of these challenges/ideas would you incorporate into your "normal" scrapping?

Many of these were out of my comfort zone, but I think the one I'd do again is the perfectly imperfect photo one. It's a photo i NEVER EVER would've scrapped in a million years, but I love how it turned out. So show me or tell me what you will be doing again.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    busywoman139 likes this.
  2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Definitely imperfect photo. I've done it before, but not enough. I really loved the map one and might have a few ideas for that. I think I'd like to try and do more of the combining of two templates too. The sketch is one I've done a few times, will continue to do that more. And minimalist, I really need to do that more, I loved the way it turned out.

3. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

I'm definitely going to try to use the artistic sketch technique in the future. I loved how it turned out!

Pemberley22 and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  4. jennv

jennv CT - Amy Wolff

I also liked the "walls could talk"!!! i would never thought of using that perspective to journal.

LoveItScrapIt and turtlebug like this.
  5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I would like to try that sketch thing again, take better photos so that I can do more simple layouts, and definitely want to do more scrap lifting and studying other people's styles and talents. I know that's a lot of areas to choose from.

I also really liked the layering/cluster challenge, but I didn't like my page so much. I have quite a bit to learn there as well.

:)

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Customized clusters, drop caps, and the photo sketch are techniques I'll certainly look at doing more often. Templates are a staple in my scrapbooking. I'm equally comfortable with clean & simple or filled pages, single or double layouts or pocket-style pages. I want to get better at art journaling but it's not a particular focus at the moment.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. _scrapaholic_

_scrapaholic_ Well-Known Member

I think the main thing for me is: I can do one layout a day even during a normal work week. I just need to make sure I get started as soon as possible and not get lost in fb or anything else.

Plus I realized how beautiful the layouts in the lilypad gallery are! It really is a great starting point for new layout ideas!

weaselwatchr, sberkan and cinna like this.
  8. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Defenitely scrapping two page layouts! I was a bit intimidated by them but now it´s something I totally embrace! I also love how it forced me to do more journaling on my layouts. Not sure wether I will do it more but defenitely more often.

9. jennv

jennv CT - Amy Wolff

Ok. I took away the opposite....LOL!! That one layout a day is HARD!!!! But yes, I agree on the digressing into FB and Twitter.....these days, that can waste hours and hours!!!!

_scrapaholic_ likes this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I think I learned that I can actually find time to scrap more regularly than I thought... just have to be intentional about it. :) Also I really love the photoless pages because it helps me capture memories that otherwise would probably be forgotten and lost just because I don't have a photo.

11. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I love scrapping a layout per day, I loved the drop caps and feel like I should/could do that again. The sketch was fun but I probably won't use that every week. Pockets are my new crush.

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. turtlebug

turtlebug Well-Known Member

I liked the walls talking! I usually write in third person, but that one allowed me to feel more comfortable with inserting humor. I am going to try to add more humor!

I didn't like the minimalist one. I print my pages in a book and that seems to be wasted space.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  13. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

I always come away from MOC realizing that there is no excuse for my undone photo books - I can scrap A LOT if I just try. In fact, this year I completed all 31 in about 3 weeks. I just have to stay away from those other internet vices!

I try a lot of different techniques and I've done the sketch one before but this time I really like how it turned out so maybe I need to find the right photos to do that with!

_scrapaholic_ likes this.
  14. jennv

jennv CT - Amy Wolff

OH Yeah...pockets are the way to go!!!!!! Best of all worlds - lots of fun elements, cool papers and awesome journaling and many photos!!! I call it Anti-Simple!!

15. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Mixing templates was something I'd never thought to do, and will totally do again.

Also, making a photo into a sketch is a beautiful technique I'll use again and again.

16. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'm pretty good at bastardizing templates but I don't do a lot of combining them. I will try to remember to do that more often.

I think I probably do more photoless pages than the average scrapper but I really need to do more. I'm 10x the writer than I am the photog or the scrapper, and I have so many stories that I'd love to showcase vs. trying to squeeze in between elements and photos.

jennv likes this.
  17. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Given that I love artsy layouts and clutter, with or without photos, I found myself doing some clean and simple all on my own. Hmmmm..... I did enjoy the artistic sketch, the directions were clear and concise & gave good results. That is a keeper for me. I enjoyed the DROP CAP one, although I didn't like my layout for it. I found myself enjoying the template ones too. So I may incorporate more of them into what I do, but definitely no template combining. I slaved over that one, before it stopped looking like one hot mess.

18. jennv

jennv CT - Amy Wolff

Haha. Mine too. That was hard!!! I was going to start a thread, which challenge would you NEVER do again...that would've been my pick!! It was great and I thought the idea was awesome, but boy was it tough for me!!!

mcurtt likes this.
  19. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@jennv And you can add the maps to the list too. :-)

jennv likes this.
  20. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My least favorite was the plain and simple; too much empty space when I can barely afford to print my albums. It's also difficult for me to make a page with no journaling, though I don't dislike it, so I'll do that rarely.

I liked the idea of drop caps and would like to repeat that occasionally. I should have remembered the idea of mixing templates from last year's MOC but didn't; I told myself this year that I should mix templates more often.

I think my favorite might be the sketch technique. And I already did it again for a flyer I made for my daughter's upcoming concert.

I was a little baffled by the art journaling on an arch, but it was good practice, and I've been participating in Anne's Skinny page, so I might become an art journaler yet!