How do we know?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by Neverland Scraps, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

I did all 31 layouts last night. How do we know they are all accounted for and that I did them correctly, according to the guidelines? I keep checking my messages to see if I've missed a message, but I'm worried since I did so many layouts in the past few days to catch up with my son's hospitalization.

Is it safe to assume, if they haven't messaged me, I'm good? I have so many things to do offline (laundry, cleaning, shopping) to catch up at home from the week being away, but I also don't want to miss out on being this close and missing it because I couldn't get back online due to offline needs.

Anyone else worrying like me?
    Do we get messages saying we are all good for the 31 layouts?
    I've never done a full MOC before so I don't know what to expect.

2. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Generally the host of the challenge will message you if there is a problem and the layout did not meet the criteria. They also will tell you what to fix to get things back in line. If you don't hear from anyone - assume its good. It would take too much time to message all the layouts which do meet the criteria(s). If you have a personal email you can set up the inbox here to send you an email notification if someone messages you.

Neverland Scraps likes this.
  3. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Julie makes a list of all the people who meet the criteria so that she can get other information for the gift certificates. I've seen several designers and hostess comment on a layout today so I think they are checking them out. If you have any you are concerned about go ahead and PM the hostess and ask.

4. Neverland Scraps

I'm pretty sure I did them right, I'm just overly tired and worrying about the littlest thing! I also don't check my email, but maybe once a week, so setting up my email for that feature isn't good! If I'm not on my computer, I dont do anything important because I hate doing it on my phone or tablet! :D

I'll just assume all is good because I'm pretty sure I did everything right. I double, triple, quadruple checked before posting. So I'll just tell myself to stop worrying about this and worry about getting the rest of the things done in the home so I can feel at peace once again. I hate having my schedule messed up. I feel so lost until it's back to the way it should be--even if it is a little chaotic to someone looking in on our lives! ;)

Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

JillW likes this.
  5. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

It's by PM here. Only when they send out the gift certificates do they use email. So you're safe. I was the same way my first one. Relax. Trust yourself. and dont worry.

londoncuppa and Neverland Scraps like this.
  6. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

In the other thread, @mrs2a50 said that the hosts were doing their best to check things but ultimately it is your responsibility to make sure everything counts.

I, for instance, left out the word 'explore' in my journaling for that one challenge that required it. I rewrote the journaling a couple of times, and I must have written it out and then forgotten. The hostess commented on my layout last night (thank goodness!) but did not mention that I had left it out. Luckily I remembered after seeing her comment & changed it but if I hadn't, it would have disqualified me.

Not trying to freak you out but just saying that the hosts have too many pages for each challenge to check each individually, KWIM?

If you've quadruple checked them, I'm sure you're fine.

7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

In the art journaling style - gothic arch, I make it a point to leave a comment on every single arch. If you totally forgot to use the clear sticky glue paper, then you might get a private conversation. But if you have a comment from me, you are okay dokay.
    Please remember, we want you to enjoy the MOC, and the spirit of each challenge, we are not looking for errors, but do have some requirements that should be met. Check the requirements, and if you covered them, anything else is just gravy on taters!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  8. Neverland Scraps

I am just a worry wart and hate doing things wrong. Having never played a full month before I wasn't quite sure how it all worked out. I didn't mean to freak anyone out or imply anything. The challenge hosts have been amazing with answering questions and contacting if there were problems. Again I just worry about doing things incorrectly.

9. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Wendy, last year was my first year and I was a basket case!!! This year I am nervous, as to be expected, I guess. I mean, when you pour your heart and soul into 31 layouts only to find out too late that there was a error is a hard pill to swallow. But if you checked and rechecked, you most likely you are ok. I have gone over my 31 layouts two times now. I brought up two screens, with my layouts on one screen, and on the other screen would bring up each challenge one by one. I compared my layout against the requirements, and yes, I found two errors!! I don't think they were serious enough to exclude me, but I'm glad I found them. So, again, you are not alone with first time jitters. But, again, if you have checked as well as you say, I would say, sit back and enjoy the ride And I do want to say one more thing to the newbies----be PATIENT!! This process takes a long time. What these gals have to do is beyond unbelieveable; if you knew the amount of layouts they have to go through. Last year I haunted my computer waiting for news. This year I have done my layouts and now am just not worrying about it. No haunting the computer this year!!!!! :banana

10. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

Clear sticky glue paper?! :shrug

I'm having nightmares about it! Hope I did all challenges okay! I got pm's about two of them and changed that, so it 'll probably be the last few days that can kill me (or the 20 bucks that is ;-)

[>][>][>]:furious:hairpol:hide :overreact

but please :ignoreme! You have nothing to worry about!!!
    And after a hospital stay... it 'll be nothing more than a slight hickup if you didn't get it. But I believe in you :angel

11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Anne is being silly. :giggle There's no such thing as clear sticky glue paper.

jesskab, Neverland Scraps and cfile like this.
  12. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

jesskab and Neverland Scraps like this.
  14. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I was a bit worried too especially since i was so behind. I checked and re checked and checked again. So i can totally relate!

15. Neverland Scraps

@NancyP I commented on a ton of layouts last night and all night I kept having nightmares that I messed up some of my MOC layouts! :D I'm glad I'm not the only one. I don't think I would have been so bad had we not spent the week in the hospital, but coming home from that, my husband's stomach bug and the wrong dishwasher installed, it kind of messed with me and really threw me for a loop! I tried so hard to have everything, for the most part calm last month so that I could avoid worry and stress. It's funny how God has different plans! :D

@Karen and @AnneofAlamo I'm eating my breakfast and about snorted it through my nose with your conversation. I was one of the recipients of the clear glue--in the end, I deleted my two beads before noticing she had mentioned the clear sticky stuff!

@Frumpje, I agree! This is my birthday gift to myself. I'm in no rush and don't mind how long it takes to receive, but I'd like it for my 40th birthday in April! I highly doubt hubby will do anything for my birthday, he's never done so in the past 20 years, why should this year be any different? So with that thought, I worked hard last month to ensure I'll get a birthday present that I didn't have to physically buy out of our budget!! :D Happy birthday to me! <3

Karen and Frumpje like this.
  16. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

Never did anything for your birthday???!!!! He should be ashamed!

elk2009 likes this.
  17. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Wendy you have done a lot of sacrifice for your husband! I know that for a fact as he is a military man. You need to let him know nicely you would appreciate being remembered on your Birthday!

I would say if you tripled checked everything and did not receive a pm here at tlp then you most likely are good to go!

Frumpje likes this.
  18. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I want me some REAL clear sticky glue paper! :banana

I double- and triple-checked my pages, then said, "Oh well." If I boo-booed something, then I boo-booed something. I got a lot of great pages made!

19. Nightshadow

Nightshadow Pancakes are their own food group

That's such a shame, and shame on him too. Many years ago a friend told me that a person should always buy themselves one nice gift for their birthday to make sure they get at least one thing they really like. I'm now passing this suggestion on to you with this revision: Buy one gift to cover the contingency of being sure you get one thing you really like and then buy a second gift to cover the one your hubby doesn't buy for you.

You deserve it. :banana

20. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

I didn't finish this year but this is how I felt last year! You will be fine Wendy! Try to stop worrying and get those chores done so you can do some more scrapping!! :hug