Who DIDN'T finish MOC5?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by gonewiththewind, Feb 3, 2017.

1. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I really tried hard to rally and work through my physical pain in order to finish the MOC challenges, but I was not able to do it. I managed to get 25 challenges done, and while I'm disappointed that I didn't meet my goal of finishing MOC, I have to say that I really love the layouts that I did complete.

I'm going to continue scrapping tomorrow to finish up the remaining 6 challenges because I definitely want to get to the final challenge . . . I've got some ideas cooking in my brain for that map challenge.

I know there are other scrappers out there that didn't finish because y'all have posted. Anyone want to join me and finish up the challenges that you didn't complete?

I'm going to post my layouts in this thread, and would love to have you share your layouts as well!

2. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

I'm planning on finishing up! I only finished day 10. Started #11 and then had to pack and leave for my trip to the Philippines. I got back on the 29th but have been too tired to even think about scrapping this week. I am definitely going to finish all the challenges. But without the pressure of the deadline, it might be several weeks (months?) before that happens.

bellbird and gonewiththewind like this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

The sheer number of layout pouring in for MOC is something quite amazing. Hats off to everyone for their completed layouts. I stand amazed at the creativity. I for one, would love to see that continuing through February as you finish up.

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm the same way. I **NEED** the deadline, so that's why I'm self-enforcing the deadline to complete them all tomorrow. LOL When you do start scrapping them, please share!

I know there are loads of peeps who are already onto the February challenges and designer challenges! I'm very inspired right now to scrap (I missed scrapping so much in December and most of January) . . . so I'll be scrapping a lot in the near future as long as I can tolerate it.

LoveItScrapIt, StefanieS and cfile like this.
  5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I didnt even start....lets say real life got in the way big time

6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm with you @gonewiththewind - My list of what i need to finish is a bit longer than yours and there's no way it's all getting done this weekend but aiming to finish at some point this month LOL (so i am thinking of it as MOCAB this year - month of challenges (and) a bit ;)

gonewiththewind likes this.
  8. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I never started either. But I have 11 months to get myself ready for next year!

bestcee, rchansen, Tree City and 3 others like this.
  9. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

ME!! I'm not sure I have time in the next couple weeks to finish it. I do need to go check on the different technique challenges and try and do them after cheer season is over!

Sokee and gonewiththewind like this.
  10. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I didn't finish :( I really really wanted to but we're on vacation so I didn't want to be the vacation party pooper haha I think 29 out of 31 is pretty good for being gone the last eight days! I'm itching to finish the last two when we're back home.

11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

While I didn't finish this year, I had to give myself a pep talk that it was ok not to finish. :( :) My MIL had surgery, DH had to go to Florida, my son had some issues at school, and work was beyond chaotic plus even more... it's been a tough month!

I did love learning a new technique and I loved the layouts I did get finished. Plus, it was awesome being a host! Seeing how people created layouts for my challenges was a wonderful way to interact with everyone!! While I might not get to do every challenge, I still want to give Ann's a try! I LOVED seeing them in the gallery!

12. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

I didn't finish this year for the first time...boo! But, like Jenn, I'm giving myself lots of grace on that because I just had a lot going on. My husband is deployed to Korea, so I'm solo parenting and homeschooling four kiddos, and I had surgery and my MIL in town to help out for a week. I do love the new techniques I learned and the layouts I was able to make along with hosting a challenge and seeing all of your beautiful creations...and that's the most important part! :)

13. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

I'll join you!!!

My plan is to scrap all day while watching the life stream video of If: Gathering.

14. angiekey

angiekey Permanent residence in the gutter

I'm in, @gonewiththewind! I've been feeling pretty down the last couple days because my goal was to finish all 31 this year for a chance at the Polly spot, but between travel and being really sick, it just didn't happen. Oh well, I'll focus on doing 7 or 8 challenges every month and maybe I can snag another guest spot. In the meanwhile, I'm planning on scrapbooking ALL DAY tomorrow, and I want to finish those last layouts. Thanks for the nudge, and the community!

15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I didn't finish this year, but did last year for my first MOC! I was able to finish 20 and I love each and every one of them! I even learned that I love art journaling.

This was my first year as a Polly for MOC and I loved hosting a challenge. I was amazed at all of the fabulous and different layouts that came from the same cluster/whimsy. Ya'll are simply amazing!

16. jaharvey

jaharvey Well-Known Member

I finished last year, but this year lost 10 days because we were moving and I just couldn't catch up. I'm not sure if I'll get to finish them all, but I might try to incorporate the technique challenges for sure so I can learn some new things! Congratulations to everyone who completed and also to those of us who tried to do so! What a great time and so many amazing layouts! I will be at it again next year for sure.

17. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I didn't finish this year, but I am actually totally okay with it. I enjoyed MOC from the "other" side this time and thoroughly enjoyed being a challenge host and cheerleading everyone who participated.

I did a few of the challenges, but I've found myself really wanting to work on catching up on several years of Project Life this year. I had to choose what to scrap in my "free" time between Polly layout and other duties (plus being sick for TWO WEEKS this month), and I went with what was calling to me the loudest to be worked on. Absolutely no regrets here. :)

18. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

I knew half way thorugh the month I wasn't going to finish so I just relaxed and did those that appealed - still manages 16 which is way more than I usually get done! January is our summer hols so we are usually away for most of the month - I love the idea of finishing but I have already moved onto the new months challenges.

Good luck to those that are finishing - I wish you lots of inspiration and perseverance!!:cheer

19. claireee323

claireee323 Member

I didn't finish...I started strong, but just with a full-time job and family duties, I couldn't get them all done without ignoring things I shouldn't. But, it was my first one and I was excited that I completed 18! That's definitely more than I normally do in that kind of time frame. I am already working on February, though. I'd at least like to go for 7 each month. I may try to finish some of the ones I missed. I had a great idea for the walls challenge, so I may at least attempt that one. Either way, it had been a long time since I had interacted in a scrapping community or done challenges, and I really loved how it got my creative juices flowing.

20. Lynne-Marie

Lynne-Marie there is beauty in everything

I did ONE challenge only!! Though I have a file with screen captures of all the challenges for future reference when I need some inspiration to scrap (and I have more time)!