What happens when it's all over??

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by mrs2a50, Jan 28, 2017.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

The end of MOC5 is fast approaching, and many of our new MOCers (and the veterans, if you've forgotten) might be wondering, "What happens next?" Here's what you can expect:

At 11:59 pm Eastern time on Thursday, February 2, I will lock down all of the MOC Layout threads, and no additional layouts may be posted after that. Over the weeks following, I will be checking each layout thread to confirm that it has 31 layouts posted to it, and that each layout conforms to the challenge guidelines. Please be patient with this process; I know everyone will be anxious and excited, but this does take a fair amount of time and effort.

Once I have the list of challengers that completed all 31 challenges, I will post that list in the MOC forum, with additional instructions. Here's where you have one last task: If your username is on the list of those who successfully completed MOC, you will need to message me with your full name in the store, and your email address where you want your gift certificate sent. We cannot send the gift certificates out until we have everyone's information, so this will again take some time as I wait for everyone to respond.

We will also schedule a chat after all the back end stuff is complete, so we can have a fun wrap-up of the MOC event and make all our announcements. This is always a good time (and a little chaotic)!

Here's where you can help me: When you have completed your pages, please take a moment to review your challenge layouts thread and make sure you have all 31 layouts posted to your thread in the correct format (see HERE for an example). In past years, I have had to disqualify a couple of participants because they missed posting a page to their thread (even though they did complete it). Please also make note of the time the layouts threads will be closed - 11:59 pm EASTERN time, February 2. Again, in past years we have had an occasional participant who misunderstood the closure time and did not make the deadline. I go by the time on my laptop, so give yourself a little buffer time. These circumstances are NOT fun for me - I know how hard you all work to complete all 31 pages, but we do have to abide by the rules in order to make it fair for all participants.

If you have any questions about how all this works, just let me know! Thanks for all of your hard work over the past month, and the enthusiasm you bring to this event year after year!

jesskab, crazsquaw, spcoggs and 13 others like this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

:eek:

Just reading this makes me feel tired and I'm not even going to be doing it! I know there are many, many participants.

Thanks for all your work to make a fun, creative place for us! :love

3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Thank you for the reminder!
    I try to remember that MOC has rules and a timeline, just like any other event. But it's still tough. We all get so darn excited as we head to the Fiiiiiiinalllllll Countdooooown (and yes, in my head that sounded like the song!).

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  4. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

You all AMAZE me!! Thank you for all the hard work that goes into all the behind scenes, that makes MOC the BEST in digital land!

AlannaH, Karen and mrs2a50 like this.
  5. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Overheard from far away:
    "MOC IS ALMOST OVER. Mom will pay attention to us again,"
    "Yeah but remember AFTER MOC?"
    "Oh yeah, mom gets even busier"
    "Hope there is still poptarts!"

moc dogs.jpg

londoncuppa, ashleywb, BevG and 6 others like this.
  6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Thank you for all the hard work you do for this fun event!!!!!

mrs2a50 likes this.
  7. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I can't believe all the stuff Julie does after MOC! It sure takes a lot to run this. Thank you @mrs2a50 , @lmccandless and all the Polly's and designers too.

carrie1977 and mrs2a50 like this.
  8. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I agree! All your work is much appreciated.

mrs2a50 likes this.
  9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I can only imagine how much tallying and discussing goes on after the event.
    Thanks for all that you do to make this an amazingly fun event!

mrs2a50 likes this.
  10. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Yikes! You're amazing! I can't imagine the time it takes to do your magic! Thank you! :bk

mrs2a50 likes this.
  11. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

I looked at the example format and at the risk of asking a silly question, is it ok if we have labeled them challenge #1, etc. instead of January 1?? I'm thinking it's probably fine, but I just want to be ultra sure to get it right!! :D

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

tinkerbell1112 and mrs2a50 like this.
  12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Julie you are amazing! and must have either terrific eyesight or are going blind with all the detail looking you do!! :angel

mrs2a50 likes this.
  13. mrs2a50

Yes, that's fine. As long as they're in separate posts.

14. mrs2a50

Well, I do wear bifocals ... :)

carilyne likes this.
  15. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

It's a job I wouldn't want, and we so appreciate what you do. My question is---I am assuming that as these challenges are uploaded to the galley and our layout threads, that they are checked to see if we did them right, and if we didn't; we will be notified? My big fear is that after it is all over, THEN one of my layouts will be found to be wrong. I have checked and re-checked to make sure I have followed all directions, but can't shake this fear!!!! AAGGHHHH!!! :D :groan :cry

16. mrs2a50

The challenge hosts do their best to monitor their challenges and watch for pages that don't conform to the guidelines. We've been messaging folks throughout the month as we see issues. However, ultimately it is your responsibility to make sure you've followed the guidelines, so if you have ANY questions about any of your pages, please message your host or me.

mnjenlittle and jenn mccabe like this.
  17. NancyP

Thanks, Julie. I've been really checking mine!!!

mrs2a50 likes this.
  18. mrs2a50

@NancyP - here's a hint - one of our biggest issues has been having enough journaling to meet the requirements!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  19. NancyP

AHHHHH, thank you!!! I will check all my journaling challenges again!!!

20. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

do they have to be posted in day order? I have mine posted in the order they were done because I didn't want to pre-create a post for a challenge.