MOC Guidelines

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by mrs2a50, Dec 28, 2016.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Each day, a new challenge will be posted in the Month of Challenges forum. Some challenges may be posted later than others depending on the location of the host and their real life commitments. Please be patient - the challenges will be posted daily.
    1. Your pages must be newly created specifically for MOC , and must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store by either permanent designers or guest designers). You must have a different page for each challenge; you cannot use the same page for more than one challenge.
    2. Your pages must conform to the guidelines of each challenge in order to qualify as completed. Please read the challenges carefully and make sure your page follows the guidelines of the challenge. We want you to enjoy the process and love your pages, but these are supposed to be challenges that take you outside of your comfort zone. It is important that your page comply with the spirit of the challenge. If you have any questions, post in that thread or message me or the host.
    3. After you complete your first layout, please create a new thread HERE and post your first layout. The title of your thread should be “your username’s layouts” (for example – mrs2a50’s Layouts). Please use your username and not your given name.
    4. Your challenge pages must be uploaded to the Lilypad Gallery and be posted in both the individual challenge thread and in your MOC Layouts thread.
    5. You must list your page credits when you upload your page to the Gallery.
    6. The first post in your thread should be your first layout. Each additional layout should be a new post in your thread. If you complete all 31 layouts, you should have 31 posts in your thread. Please do NOT create 31 posts ahead of time and edit them as you add the layouts. Post as you finish each new layout. You do not have to post your pages in MOC order; if you do not complete each page on it's day, you can post your pages in whatever order you complete them.
    7. If we have questions or comments about your page, we will contact you via PM. Please make sure your notifications have been turned on. Your messaging settings can be found and edited under the General Settings of your User CP.
    8. You will have until 11:59 pm eastern time, Thursday, February 2, to complete all your layouts.
    9. Everyone who completes all 31 challenges will receive a $20 gift certificate to the TLP store. In addition, each challenge host will choose one “favorite” page from her daily challenge to receive a $3 gift certificate to the store.
    10. In addition, those who complete all 31 challenges will be eligible for Polly creative team opportunities.
    11. If you have any questions you can post them in the Q&A thread HERE, or in the individual challenge thread, or you can PM me or the challenge host.
    12. Most important: Have fun and be creative!!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    Ga_L, Chippi and Iowan like this.
  2. Megan H

Megan H Well-Known Member

Does this mean I also post my LO as a reply on the actually challenge for each day? So I am posting it twice?

"Your challenge pages must be uploaded to the Lilypad Gallery and be posted in both the individual challenge thread and in your MOC Layouts thread."

My first time...thanks!!!

3. mrs2a50

Correct!

4. Bebimora

Bebimora Active Member

I am also a bit unsure about how to do this. I see some post their Lo's in members gallery's and some in CT gallery's and so on, so can we post anywhere in the TLP Gallery??
    As I understand it I am to post each LO in TLP gallery under the category Month of Challenges 5 regardless of what days challenge it is??
    And then we are to post a link to each LO in both the specific day challenge thread and the MOC Layout thread in the forum??

Sorry... I have been out of loop for many years and in desperate need to start my scrap therapy again lol

Karen likes this.
  5. mrs2a50

@Bebimora you can post to any category in the gallery that makes the most sense - usually it's the MOC gallery, or the member gallery or a specific designer gallery if you used a majority of one designers product. You are correct that you then post your link to the daily challenge thread and to your layouts thread! :)

I hope MOC is just the avenue to get you back into a scrapping routine!

Bebimora likes this.
  6. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

bumping... please check rules to make sure you are compliant for the challenge. Your first page should be on message 01.. it should not be a "My spot" post as message 01.

***See notation #6
    The first post in your thread should be your first layout. Each additional layout should be a new post in your thread. If you complete all 31 layouts, you should have 31 posts in your thread. Please do NOT create 31 posts ahead of time and edit them as you add the layouts. Post as you finish each new layout. You do not have to post your pages in MOC order; if you do not complete each page on it's day, you can post your pages in whatever order you complete them.

7. mrs2a50

@cfile - thanks Christa. Actually, this is just a request, not something that will disqualify anyone. If your first post is a "hold" and your first layout is in post #2, that's okay.

cfile likes this.
  8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Gotcha... with some new people this year I didn't want them having issues : ) thanks for the clarification @mrs2a50 Julie!!

mrs2a50 likes this.