EDIT your Layout Image in the Gallery

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by lmccandless, Jan 5, 2017.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

That's right, you do NOT have to delete an image in the gallery if you need to update it. You can simply EDIT the image. Here's how.

1. Go onto the gallery listing for your page. Click Edit Media
    upload_2017-1-5_19-1-28.png

2. Click on the thumbnail of your layout
    upload_2017-1-5_19-4-50.png

3. You will get a pop up window. Click browse to select the image you want. Click CLOSE. Then, click SAVE MEDIA on the main page of your layout.
    upload_2017-1-5_19-6-51.png

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Thanks! bet you saw that record of my delete when I realized how small my ATC was....

3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Nice concise explanation. I love the editing tools. It took a few tries to learn but now that I do....easy peasy.

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love this feature so much!! I sometimes have to edit a lot! :giggle

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'm invariably finding in this 1st MOC week that there is something or another I need/want to change! I'm hoping week 2 doesn't find me so flaky!

7. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

Ohhh I had no idea you could re-upload the image! I've deleted a few things because I realized I forgot something, of course right after I'd uploaded it.

8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Thanks for the info. But if there are comments and or "LIKES", and you edit the photo, do those stay with your posting or are they deleted when the photo is changed?

9. lmccandless

All of your likes and comments STAY when the image is edited.

mcurtt likes this.
  10. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i tried, but cant get new one to show in tread

11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Cath - clear the cache history (for your browser) and it should show the newer one.

12. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

This is awesome. Thanks.

13. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

Thank you! Arg. I have so many things to fix. not just moc.. old LO's that are huge! Oops...

14. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Thanks for the tip, so much easier than deleted and re-uploading.

15. wendyjc

wendyjc Hoping to have Kate by the ocean

I have been trying to update my images since yesterday and I choose the newer smaller image size from my files but when I go look at the file size it still shows the older (and crazy huge file). You guys were helping me yesterday and I just read to clear my cache so I did and when I tried again just now it is still reflecting the huge image. I know I should just move on and resize my future images, but I just can't stand not being able to do something as easy as this....makes me feel like :hairpol

16. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Darn... That would be frustrating. Are you on windows or mac? Double check filesizes in the folder you're uploading your layouts from to make sure you're picking your web-sized layout instead of your larger one. It can get really confusing with full-size, flattened, and web-sized layouts. I had to make separate folders for each. I have a folder for my web-sized layouts so when I do a save for web it will save there. I also add _web to the end so I can easily tell which ones to upload. Holler (PM) if you still need help. We could maybe do a google hangout and see your screen to see what's going on.

17. lmccandless

Be sure you're clicking "save media" as the last step so your changed image is saved. :)

18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

And I get confused a lot with which is which too. Even if I have to change a typo or something small I try to change the name of the file slightly too. So if I started with MOCday1.jpg and I need to resize it/fix something/etc ... I will save that edited file a tiny bit differently. So something like MOCday1_v2.jpg or MOCday_update.jpg. It just helps me be 100% sure I am indeed uploading that newer file if I can the slightly different name.

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. wendyjc

wendyjc Hoping to have Kate by the ocean

I have been doing this as well. I guess I just need to move on and not upload any more crazy huge files any more. I had no idea that they were sooooo big!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  20. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

@wendyjc I don't think it's anything you are doing wrong. I checked a couple of your images in Firefox by right-clicking on them; I was able to view the image info and see that they are within the correct size range. It seems that for some reason the gallery software is just not updating the EXIF Data when you replace the image.

Hopefully, your storage allotment on the server is correctly reflecting the new sizes? (@lmccandless?)

Maybe if it bothers you that the new images are still showing the old info, you could just put a note in your description that the image has been updated with a smaller image that is not showing up in the EXIF Data

(also @keepscrappin)

keepscrappin and jenn mccabe like this.