What challenge makes you....

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by Sokee, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

@Neverland Scraps Wendy, I did use a mask (created from paint in the kit listed), but the challenge was about making a "double exposure" photo, like back when film was around and you snapped a pic and then, instead of forwarding the film, you took ANOTHER photo over that first exposure. So, for the DS version, you had to place one photo over another one and then play with the top photo's layer style so that both were visible. I remember the challenge recommended using "Screen" as the layer mode, but that just wasn't working for me, so I had to play around with different modes and different levels of opacity. I think the problem was the spray-painted person in one of my photos: it was so dark, but to make it less light took away the details of the rest of that pic cuz the rest of the pic was very light. So I put the graffiti pic on bottom, then back on top again, and then I screamed. (Just kidding. Kind of. :innocent )
    Anyway, I'm proud to say I figured it out! It was a great learning experience not just for the scrapping skill/style part, but also for my PS knowledge. And I love the layout! To me, that's what MOC is about: learning something new about digiscrap and loving what you create in the process.

2. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

I love the way MOC makes me stretch out of my comfort zone. Really the only challenges I struggle with are ones that are strictly Photoshop user items. I use Artisan and many of the templates aren't .page files (thanks to those that include them :) and some of the actions are not available on my software. I manage however and learn new things along the way. Like others have said above, I used to dislike the all about me/artsy challenges, but after my 1st MOC last year, I started a book about me for my son and future grandchildren to know who I am and I think that's kind of cool!

bestcee likes this.
  3. sondra

sondra Active Member

Art journaling...YIKES!! :circles:badputer

4. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

There are some that are not my usual style but none make me cringe. :)

I'm very intuitive, generally speaking, so I just kinda go with the first thought or two that pops into my head after reading over the challenge and 'let it flow.' Day 10 is the only one so far where I had to go back in after I was done to fiddle around with the spacing and add another sentence to make sure it met all the requirements.

5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

My worst is the re-do challenge if there is one.
    I hate going back and doing something over.

jk703 likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@Neverland Scraps That makes me so sad that your family member made you feel bad! Does it make your children vain that the scrap pages are all about them?

7. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Surprisingly,because actually I like making them , the mood board challenge had me stumped.
    And the re' do challenge is not my fave either. However I used to hate template challenges,and now I do them often,so who knows,as long as it is not a quick page,please let's not have a quick page this year LoL.
    At the moment I am missing the all about challenge,but that is because the photo I need is not on my computer yet.

cfile likes this.
  8. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

today, need a current photo.....

9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

minimal - and we've been there and done that already this month - phew!

jk703 likes this.
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i havent done that one yet either - i'm a bit paralysed by how many things i can see as inspiration but dont know how to get them to work together and point me towards a kit or photo (still thinking)

11. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I'd have to say art journaling, clusters, and not-so-simple pages. I tend to cram my pocket style pages full of photos, but I like my digiscrap layouts to be clean and simple.

12. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Give me all the challenges but the art journaling. That one freaks me out, lol.

jk703 and Karen like this.
  13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I used to dread the AJ type pages, but once I tried it a few times, now I find those really free-ing and fun. Same with the ATCs, now I think those are super fun.

I'd say the clean and simple layouts are the ones I usually struggle with the most because I'm a fill-the-page-to-the-top kinda girl. Lol.

That or if someone tells me I can't journal. That just doesn't compute. I NEED to journal! :giggle

jenn33199 likes this.
  14. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

I agree...I like to learn all the things :)

15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Single Photo or photoless challenges...I have so many pictures!!!

16. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

the two pager multi photo - i imagine it's coming it does every year!

fruitysuet and jk703 like this.
  17. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

I can only go with what I've seen this year, so thus far the inspiration board was the hardest one for me to get going on, although I like how the page turned out... I also took forever to do the clean and simple page, it took me 2 hours and I ended up with 3 elements on the page. That is not like me at all, but I spent forever making sure that I liked and wanted each piece that made it onto the page. Normally, I don't give it that much thought. I always feel like since it's digital, if I decide I don't like it later, it's no big deal- I can do another page with those pics easy peasy... Art journal tends to scare me, but the ATC card turned out ok, and the Inspiration Board page I made turned kind of into one, so maybe I'm less scared...

One thing that is becoming a bit of a challenge for me is that sometimes I want to just sketch or paint the whole thing, but I need to use TLP stuff so just drawing it myself is not an option!!

Huggles!
    ~Sarah~

Sokee likes this.
  18. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Okay I tried not to say this. Beside I think it actually gives @AnneofAlamo a jolt of joy to know someone is hesitant about her challenge. But after the chat today.... I'm a little leery. Truth is I kind of dread them and look forward to them because I know I'm going to learn something. But what is a MOC without an extraction Anne? I'll have to do it on my own for another one.

Sokee likes this.
  19. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I may have been found out! tee hee

Sokee likes this.
  20. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

@AnneofAlamo you'll be pleased to know I have come to enjoy extractions over the past year (maybe/probably from an Anne past challenge!!), although I still rarely do them they no longer hold the dread they used to :giggle

Clean and simple I am finally getting my head around but double pages kill me - I have stocked up on templates through the year so will use them if and when that challenge comes along!:circles

bestcee and Sokee like this.