January 6: Inspiration Board Challenge (Inspiration Challenge)

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by HeyJude, Jan 6, 2017.

1. HeyJude

HeyJude Professor of Digital Wizardry

January 6: Inspiration Board Challenge (Inspiration Challenge)

Hello fellow MOC scrappers! Can you believe we are already nearing the end of the first week of MOC 5? I am so excited to be hosting a challenge this year, and it is one of my favorite types too - an inspiration challenge.

I love inspiration based challenges because they give me the freedom to set my own creative parameters, but with an inspirational boost to get the creative mojo flowing. Without further ado, here is the inspiration board for this challenge:

[​IMG]

In honor of MOC 5, you must include at least five (5) things that inspired you from the inspiration board on your page. Inspiration can come from anything on the board - an object, photo treatment, quote, font type, colors, block design, etc. You are not required to choose five (5) different photos on the inspiration board, only five different things (they can all be from the same photo if that is what inspires you). Just make sure you list the five (5) things that inspired your layout in your gallery credits and in your post in this thread.

Here is my layout. I was inspired by (1) the color palette; (2) the sketched face with dimensional elements; (3) the coffee therapy font style; (4) the buildings/urban feel in the b/w photo; and (5) The bird/flying object in the top left photo (which I interpreted with butterflies). As a bonus, I was also inspired by the graphic circles on the tattoo photo.

[​IMG]

(Click on the layout for full credits in the Gallery.)

Please feel free to find inspiration from anything on this board. The only real requirement is that you choose at least five (5) inspirational elements and list them in your gallery credits and in your post in this thread.

Requirements:
    1. Use five (5) things from the board to inspire your layout.
    2. List the five (5) elements that inspired you in your gallery credits and in your post in this thread.
    3. Have fun and let inspiration find you. :)

Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page should be uploaded to the TLP Gallery and not an outside hosting site. Please post your page in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean. You should also post your page here in this thread, and people can comment here if they wish. Pages should contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store).

All MOC pages must be posted in your main MOC page thread by 11:59 pm eastern time on February 2 in order to count!

2. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

5 is usually my favorite number. But, 5 pieces of inspiration? Holy cow!I guess it can't be the 5 colors?

SandyPie and HeyJude like this.
  3. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Glad it posted before bedtime so I can sleep on it. This should be interesting and fun.

HeyJude likes this.
  4. HeyJude

No, it cannot be the five different colors, but it's really not as difficult as it sounds. :) Join me for the speed scrap tonight and you can knock out the challenge with that LO. If it doesn't fit in with your schedule, you can still make a page with the instructions (they will be posted in the MOC forum).

5. HeyJude

No, it cannot be the five different colors, but it's really not as difficult as it sounds. :) Join me for the speed scrap tonight and you can knock out the challenge with that LO. If it doesn't fit in with your schedule, you can still make a page with the instructions (they will be posted in the MOC forum).

kimingvtx and jesskab like this.
  6. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Wow what a fantastic inspiration board. Now where to start as it is too inspiring. I have so many ideas they just need to work together.

7. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

oh this one ging to be diffucult

8. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Speed scrap tomorrow if we get stuck

kimingvtx and Cath_ like this.
  9. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

This one's is going to be tricky...

10. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

LOVE Inspiration Boards!! For mine I chose the
    1. over all red, black and white from the girl of the same colors,
    2. the clock inspiration came from the tattoo;
    3, the typewriter alpha from the typewriter keys,
    4. the book from the wall of books and
    5. my city street from the girl with the city sitting on top of her head (ouch, that must hurt!)
    bonus: the quote

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  11. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I am not big on mood boards, but your inpiration board is different. So much to discover....

scrapsandsass likes this.
  12. kirstiegai

kirstiegai Trick or Treat, RUB by feet!

Inspiration - bird, face with leafy hair, colours, quote, round compass tattoo
    [​IMG]

13. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    1. Multiple photos - like the gallery wall image
    2. Similar colours, the peach, green, orange, light teal, navy
    3. Tag quote, quote on torn paper
    4. Food photo
    5. flowers and dimensional greenery

14. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Here is my page!

[​IMG]

I got inspired by:
    1. The blocked design of the mood board.
    2. The vibrant orange and blue colours
    3. The mist-like-image (on the left)
    4. The tag
    5. The triangles (in the person image)
    Journaling translated:
    The last highlight we wanted to see was Grand Prismatic Spring. It's so big, that you can't see it fully from the board walk. All those beautiful photo's you see online and in magazines, they are taken from above, but you can't legally go there.
    All springs in Yellowstone are extraordinaire, but this one is that even more. The size is not the only reason. Look at the amazing colours. You can even see from here the different colours. The mist is produces gives you a bit of a mysterious feeling. Like it's just not earthly or something.
    We are really happy to have seen this!

15. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    here are my credits:[​IMG]

16. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

Here's mine with:
    flower background
    alpha
    camera
    girl

[​IMG]

17. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i think this one is easy. you can almost do anything. lol
    [​IMG]

1. Cityscape

2. Tag

3. Typewriter font

4. Camera

5. Background paper resembles white washing on the bricks

here are a few ideas:
    flower, colors, typewrite font, manila tag, camera item, white washed background to represent the brick, a layout with lots of circles, bird item, b/w photo, photo of feet, and go through what people list on the thread for ideas.

18. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Inspired by:
    The color scheme / the double exposure image / the geometric shapes on the tattoo image / the letter image at the bottom right / the grunge font in the "ART" / (and using a quote in general)

[​IMG]

19. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

This is an awesome challenge, love it Judie!

For those worried about the 5 things... maybe look at the inspiration and note five things that stand out to you... then keep that list nearby and scrap?

I think mine might be... Color, Typewriter font (stools), Camera, City, and the tattoo (geometric shapes)... but I will see if that changes when I scrap!

This is also PERFECT FOR BYOC that released!!!!

20. nessita

nessita Well-Known Member

color palette (1), the faces (2) and the splitted figure (3), the quotes (4) and the doodles/clock figure (5)
    [​IMG]