Art Journaling 2017

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by sbpoet, Dec 27, 2016.

1. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

So, I've spent the past few days purchasing (within my limited budget) and downloading goodies for MOC. I'm trying it, even though I suspect it's designed for traditional scrapbookers and will maybe not suit me.

Are there plans for here in January?

2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@sbpoet I did the MOC last year, and totally enjoyed myself even though I much prefer art journaling to traditional scrapbook pages. I managed to finish, in spite of having a number of the pages reflecting my artsy style. I dragged out some old photos, some were vintage (from the 1930's), some were photos taken on vacations years ago. It is amazing what one can come up with, given the challenge. Good luck!

I think last year, nothing was going on in AJ, everything was centered around MOC. While I still haven't committed to it for 2017, I'm vacillating toward doing MOC. My problem is that we've got weekend company that probably won't leave until January 3rd, so I'm behind before I even begin.

3. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

@sbpoet Sharon you might be surprised at how many of the challenges it is possible to do as Art journaling, in the past we have had inspiration from book covers, double exposure, story telling, out of bounds , sticker effect ,lists, making a page using the first person , and many more that I have forgotten, plus there are always at least 2 "real" Ajs and 1 or 2 Journaling ones. Hardly ever is there a challenge were you have to be traditional. I think you will enjoy your self a lot.

mcurtt likes this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh Sharon, I for one am looking forward to the pages from you, with your style and being pulled a bit. I hope you press in and make AJers proud! tee hee!! just the thought of taking these challenges and adding an extra twist of art journaling makes it even more fun!
    for the record, some of the challenges that I dread, I decided to embrace the spirit of and actually found myself evolving a bit as a scrapper and art journaling...I hope you find this for you too
    and I have something planned for February for art journaling...and am pretty excited about it too!

5. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@AnneofAlamo Actually, I rolled my eyes when I came across your technique challenge last year, messy extracting with a big stroke. But it was totally fun and I've used the technique a few times. So I know EXACTLY what you mean, about dreading and all... you never know... :-)

6. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

Ok, I feel more optimistic now. I expect M3 will be quiet, too. So this, and another attempt at a poem-a-day, should keep me busy.

mcurtt likes this.
  7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

bhahha that so makes me laugh!! I use messy extractions a whole lot in aj pages...especially for faces but I fought a challenge last year, a series of photos, and had to redo it a few times. I got it printed and it is one of my favorite pages in the book. I get the most compliments from family and friends too...strange how it goes!

mcurtt likes this.
  8. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

MOC is all about doing and learning things you don't normally do. It's an adventure that you may or may not repeat. If you go into it with an attitude of it has to fit my style you will be disappointed many days. But many many styles and techniques are represented. I am like Anne -- I can't wait to see what you do with some of the challenges.
    I love the adventure of it all. Hope you have fun.

9. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

Darn it! I missed the AJ sale. Dr. appointment & flat tire took most of the day & I came home, collapsed, didn't even think of it. Shoot! (I'm actually using less polite words.)

10. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

luckily, today and tomorrow are designer surprise. I think you should be able to find something on sale for AJ today and tomorrow! :)

11. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

Oh, I did find a bit, mostly for MOC though. Will tomorrow have different items?

12. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

13. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Oh that's not good. I am glad you are safe, flat tires scare me a lot!

14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

@mimisgirl has come up with a great AJ idea for 2017! She will be debuting it on January, but we start our first one in February! I just don't want to give any more info since this is her baby and we are all super excited about it!!!!!!!!!!!

mimisgirl likes this.
  15. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

You can definitely do some AJ for MOC - I always do, because there is no way I can do 30 pages in a month without throwing in some AJ.

But YES, as Dalis mentioned, we are going to be changing a few things up in 2017, and hopefully you all will like it.

I was planning on introducing it in January, but maybe I can also give you a little sample to play with for those of you who need something to play with. It should be fun!

Li Li Wee and Dalis like this.
  16. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

Oh it all sounds like fun. I have been trying to sort out in my head what I am going to focus on this year. Decisions decisions

Dalis likes this.
  17. kirstiegai

kirstiegai Trick or Treat, RUB by feet!

Sounds interesting.....can't wait to see what 2017 brings us in AJ