Have you ever...

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Li Li Wee, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

Have you ever stopped to look back at all your previous layouts and then asked yourself, how the hack did I ever do that? Lol!! I am AJ scrapper and I use lots of elements.. Of late, I have been painting, drawing and sketching.. I was torn between digital scrapping and 'real life' art. I took a moment to look back at all my past layouts. I found this :
    [​IMG]
    CREATED IN 2014
    Simple yet meaningful to me and not my usual style back then. I am blown away by how far I have come as an artist. I guess I will continue doing both, digital and real life art.

What about you? Is there a layout that make you ask yourself, how on earth did I create that?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    Karen likes this.
  2. n33

n33 Well-Known Member

I find inspiration in many places but struggle with the motivation to get out the supplies and create outside the my comfy "digital world." Much of that has to do with the lack of a designated space to set it all up. I would love to create work that would could be commercially successful, digitally. It is something I think about frequently, but am not sure how to get to that next level. I do look at previous projects or even open old PSD files and have to reacquaint, and retrace the steps and thought process. I think it is great that you take the time to look back @misslovescraps,so your progression, and growth can be appreciated. PS. love the quote!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    Li Li Wee likes this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Yes. Sometimes I look back and wonder why I thought that was good at the time. Other times, I see something impressive like a certain technique and wonder why I don't use it more often. My style has certainly changed over time and I am sure it will continue to change and vary.

janedee, jenn mccabe and Li Li Wee like this.
  4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I enjoy looking back thru old LOs. I have the last four years stored in smugmug. It's not until I scroll thru them that I can really see the difference in my style. It makes me happy to look back and see how far I've come in terms of developing my style and playing more with brushes, blending, styles, etc.

Li Li Wee likes this.
  5. StarryEyedDesigns

StarryEyedDesigns My goal, is to make a goal

There are plenty I look back at and think "What the heck was I thinking?!" I was horrible at it when I first started out...lol

Karen likes this.
  6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Weren't we all? I had no idea on how to resize a photo back in the day - the day with almost no videos to watch and really see what tool was clicked on! i have one layout I've kept as is to go back and laugh at the distorted image, of me!, and think...Well I got it done and it was as good as I could then! :happydance2

janedee likes this.
  7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i think this is true for me too. it reminds me to try things i've forgotten i could do.

janedee and BevG like this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love to look back at old layouts and re-live those memores. I just found my son's baby book from 2006 when I first learned how to do digital scrapbooking and while MANY of the pages made me cringe, I sure could see how much I've learned since then!

9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i constantly surprise myself LOL - when i have to use restraint especially (cough MOC and minimalist style challenges cough cough) and i would never of guessed you, of all people, created that piece above either but i can at the same time now that you pointed it out

10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

we are always evolving.. sometimes I look back as you o Li Li and say wow that was me??!! LOL... I have my finished pages by year on my ehd and I do slideshows every now and again. fun times!

11. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

I love looking through my albums (both paper and digital). My style totally evolved. Before I couldn't for the life of me create a simple layout. My thought would always be my page should contain 100 elements or it's not done lol! Now, I can totally be satisfied even if my finished page is super simple and with lots of white space. As long as it satisfies ME, I don't care if it's simple or over the top clustered/layered.

n33 likes this.