30 days of gratitude/thankfulness?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Nov 1, 2016.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Do you do a 30 days of gratitude/thankfulness album? Anyone have a good place to start with ideas?

mollyc likes this.
  2. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

No but I've often thought about it. I've tried it even, but didn't keep up with it. I should write something down tonight and then make a LO at the end of the month.

Thanks for the idea!!

FarrahJobling likes this.
  3. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I was going to do a 6x8 album last year so it was only 3 cards a day to layout.
    Kimberlee is doing 30 days of gratitude in the Art Journaling thread but they could easily be adapted to any kind of layout.
    There is a thread in Memory Motivators for November with quotes and prompts for most of November.
    I've heard of families who each write a card a day and assemble into an album.

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I tried it one year and failed miserably. I might try to jot some things down and work on a page here and there if I can. I like the idea of a small 6x8 or even smaller album.

5. FarrahJobling

Awesome! Thank you!

6. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

7. FarrahJobling

Ok so I'm totally behind on this. Lol. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  8. carilyne

No, it's just the 1st I'm still figuring mine out. That's how I knew some of the options. Besides with the Halloween party we had here. I don't know how the others have so much together.
    @dailydwelling That sounds cute too. Going to go check it out.

9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

10. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

I did a hybrid album in 2014 and am doing another one this year. I started today and have day 1 in the gallery. I've made a list of themes I'm grateful for and will add a new layout each day. I keep the design simple and consistent to make it easier to stay with the project. Photo and words focused. :)

scrapsandsass and FarrahJobling like this.
  11. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

12. carilyne

I coughed about it too. Not sure if I'll art journal all mine. But art journal can be anything. Throw some paint on it maybe. Although family in art journal could be interesting.

scrapsandsass likes this.
  13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I made one two years ago - a little 8x8' softcover version. I gave myself some grace by posting what I was thankful for on Facebook each day, but doing the layouts as I had time. I tried to make it easy by using just one kit, but that got too hard and too boring after about 5 days. I did pre-make a few days. I also had a few days where I had to go take a picture before I could complete the layout.

scrapsandsass likes this.
  14. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

I would love some to see people post some clean LOs here for inspiration. I see there's one going on in the AJ forum, but I prefer a more free-form version of just posting my own reasons for thankfulness, not necessarily focusing on a prompt list. And with all due respect, for as active as the AJers are here, I really can't think or scrap in that format, so having a separate thread for those of us who are clean scrappers I think would be appropriate.

I did end up remembering to jot something down in my planner last night, and I am going to try to keep up with that everyday for a single LO at the end of the month, and try to take some coordinating photos throughout the month. :)

scrapsandsass, angiekey and Jen like this.
  15. Jen

Jen I believe in patterns & conspiracies!

As a non AJ-er, I wouldn't even think to look in that forum. Would be nice to have something in the main forum for the non-AJers in the crowd for sure as thankfulness is universal.

scrapsandsass and mollyc like this.
  16. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm toying with the idea of doing this, but if I do it, I'll do it more as a photo a day type project. I can't see myself getting another project done, but I can (potentially) see myself putting the photos and journaling on pocket pages to be included in my PL book. We'll see what happens... but I did at least get a photo for Day 1! :-)

17. carilyne

Last year as a non pollywog I started a daily thread with suggestions for prompts, a quote and journal ideas. And only one person participated. So it varies with years. Any one of us has the ability to create a thread, not say that it should have been done differently. I plan to do my own thing and when I need ideas I'll look at Kimberlee's or my old thread. I'll start a thread so we can have a place to post however we want to do it.

18. angiekey

angiekey Permanent residence in the gutter

I'm giving the 30 Days of Thankfulness a try this year, kind of picking and choosing elements of Cathy Z's class, the freebies being offered by Scrapaneers, and the fantastic prompt list posted by @scrapsandsass . And using some of my favorite supplies from TLP, of course!

If doing one a day is a little overwhelming, perhaps you could make it a family project at your Thanksgiving gathering. Some of my favorite albums are the mini-books I made where I printed journaling cards and made everyone who attended Thanksgiving dinner write down 5 things they're most thankful for, and then pose for a quick photo. I did it one year with my family, and another year I forced it on my in-laws.

In 2008, I made an 8x8 album and printed the photos at 5x7:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And in 2009, I bought a cheap 4x6 landcape photo album (it doesn't get any quicker than this):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some of them rolled their eyes, but they wrote out their cards anyway. And now it tickles me to look back on the year my niece Lyla was 2, and her mom wrote that she was thankful for "family, noodles, songs, animals, and Christmas lights". And when my stepdaughter surprised me by listing, "a stepmom that's more like a BFF" I bawled like a baby.

Hope this helps!

19. FarrahJobling

20. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Lori's project from the blog would be perfect for you. :)

[​IMG]

Amazingness!!!

That sounds great!!! The more people being grateful, the better!! You're awesome!

That is so fantastic. I love your project, and it just made my heart so happy!!!

angiekey and carilyne like this.