Daytime Movies

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by enjoyyourpix, Oct 21, 2016.

1. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

I feel a little naughty! I'm going to a 9:45am movie on a Friday!! My neighbor texted me last night and asked if I wanted to catch a movie with her. It feels so weird to 1) go to a movie without the kids and 2) to go so early!!

Do you ever go to the movies during the week? What do you do that somehow feels "wrong"?

Better go hop in the shower ... I need to meet her in 30 min!!

bestcee, Tree City and scrapsandsass like this.
  2. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Have fun!!

I was planning to do this earlier in the week, but I didn't make it. :giggle I've done it in the past. One day we got out of work early for some reason like we had a morning conference and then had the rest of the day off. I went to see a movie, and was the only one in the theater. It was Identity with John Cusack (so you know how long ago that was). LOL.

My daughter and I are going to see Girl on the Train this coming Monday at 10:55 in the morning. It is one of her only days off, so we're hitting the theater while Kennedy is in school. :giggle

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

It's so funny you posted this because I've been dreaming about all the fun stuff I'll do once my youngest is in school full time and I can actually do fun things by myself! I plan on seeing one early show just cuz I will be able to, even though I'm not a huge fan of the movie theater (why do people talk on their phones? They paid $12 for their ticket, and then they don't even pay attention to the screen? SMH).
    Anyway, I hope you have fun! It's nice to do something different every once in a while. :)

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

We rarely go to the movies at all anymore, much less during the day . . . but I think I should add this into my schedule, at least once a month.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Never been to a morning show but afternoon or early evening is good for me. I love to pig out on the popcorn and always put extra butter on too so its fully loaded with calories and fat which is probably not a good early morning food but I substitute lunch and/or dinner for this.

7. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

I've done the morning shows a few times. It's a little weird, because I don't want to eat junk food that early. But the theater is usually deserted and the ticket price is a lot cheaper.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

As a homeschooling family we have been doing things at "odd" times for many years so it doesn't feel wrong.

But I've never seen a movie at 9:45 a.m. I don't think the theaters here open that early!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I only get to do this in the summer, and it's only whatever I'm seeing with my kids. My youngest and I went to see Suicide Squad over the summer and went to the 10am show. I loved it because we still had the whole day after. We did school shopping that same day!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I've never been to an early am movie or many in the theater for ages. I have enough with TV and Netflix to last me a lifetime. n.b. this is also called cheap! 1 ticket is a month of Netflix and I can go to the bathroom any time I want!

But enjoy your film! That time of going does seem a little wicked some how!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep! Last year we say the first Monday morning showing of all the kid movies. It was great and hardly anyone there.

Usually the morning crowd is much better!

DH and I have plans to start doing a movie date or two now that munchkin is at school during the day. And @cookingmylife depending on your theaters, the tickets can be way cheap! Still more than Netflix, but there are some movies that just need to be experienced on the big screen in my opinion.

I find enjoyment in daytime court dramas. I shouldn't, and I feel guilty for it. But really, I secretly think at least my life isn't on a daytime court drama!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  12. Tree City

That's a good point! Plus the prices should be a little lower... like maybe $9.50 rotfl. (But ya know what? If I'm alone and able to just ENJOY the movie without getting up and taking a kid to pee while the other one groans cuz I had to pull him/her along so s/he is mad about missing some of the movie, then it's WORTH IT!) *giggle*
    @enjoyyourpix So, you still haven't said: how was it? Was it as naughty as you imagined?!?!?! :innocent

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  13. bestcee

My last town, the first showing on Tuesdays was $6. The first one other days was $7. :agree

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  14. Tree City

I want to move there! In the summer, there are kids' movies in the early morning for $1 a ticket. Otherwise, prices are $9.50 and up. My mom about had a heart and attack when she and my dad when on a date here. She was like "TICKETS ARE $10 AT HOME!" I said "Then go home." Bwahahaha! (She knew I was kidding, but seriously, her Midwest town is sooooo inexpensive compared to here!)

bestcee likes this.
  15. bestcee

Utah. Here in Vegas the first show is $7.25.

enjoyyourpix and Tree City like this.
  16. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I think the last time was years ago when my son was home with a very badly broken elbow with an external fixator (they would not allow him in the school for fear it would get bumped!) he was home for several weeks with me. and had a tutor ... so we would sneak a movie in during the mornings. It was kind of nice being there with our choice of seating!

Now I kind of want to go to the movies. It's been awhile. I think I am driving the girls tomorrow - maybe I'll see if the hubby wants to go see something with me. :)

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  17. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

We have a $2 tuesday movie theater - but it is gross, run down dump ... and they play movies that are older than what is currently in the theaters. That doesn't bother me, but it just so gross in there ... I can't really take it!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  18. Tree City

Yuuuuuck!

19. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I love the movies... but don't get to go often - during the morning/weekday, or as much anymore. If we do, it's weekends, and usually later afternoons. We have $5 Tuesday movies and pick your seats ahead of time. It's wonderful!

Last movie I went with my girlfriends was Bad Moms - hilarious! Then with the kids, we saw Pete's Dragon. :)

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  20. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

It's only taken me 12 years of my youngest being in school full time to go fun stuff!! Bwhahaha

The Accountant. Meh. Wasn't horrible but not good.

There you go ... it's all in the planning!

It was FUN!! I need to do it more often!!