Do you create greeting cards?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by bcgal00, Oct 10, 2016.

1. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

You ladies are quite talented!! I used to make tons of cards as well - but now sadly, my Silhouette Cameo sets on a shelf with the scrapbook papers and embellishments ... maybe someday I'll dig them out again, but for now, I'm sticking with digital stuff!

2. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

Yep! I love making cards for family friends. I like the prefolded cards too for their sturdiness. I wilol be honest though, I still buy a lot of my cards because I forget I need one until the last minute. Easier to buy something than to make something when I'm in a time crunch. But I've started making cards ahead of time which has been really helpful..

3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I make our Christmas card each year. Yeah, I am one of the few who still sends them out. Can't wait to see what new, cool TLP Christmas kits come out in a bit. We take a family picture on Thanksgiving to include on it.

I do have a small stash of cards where the front is a digital design printed as a 4x6 photo and glued to card stock. I haven't made any in a long time.

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I know where you are! I lived in Pitt Meadows for Grade 9.

This is a totally cool idea. Love it!

Have you seen the hybrid creations? Taking the digital goodies, and print/cut with the Cameo? They are so awesome!

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I still have cards from a mega card swap I did in paper. I like the idea of having a couple premade - just print and go! That's neat!

6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I think it will work well for me to have some base cards created, ready to print out, just needing to add a sentiment/word art and if making a hybrid card, just popdotting an embellishment or two.

7. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Yes,both digital/print and hybrid. Also realy enjoy just paper, scissors, ellies and fun folds.

8. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

For those of you who make digital greeting cards. What size do you make and is there any special greeting card sized paper that you print them on?

9. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

I made a Christmas card (with a gorgeous digital scrapbooking kit) a few years ago; and I've also made a couple of invitations (also using digital scrapbooking stuff). But I don't often create my own cards. Looking at the inspiration in this thread, I think I should do it more often!

10. mocamom

mocamom Runs on coffee. And with scissors.

You know I'm all about making homemade cards. I do it both ways - either printed off and stuck to a recyled card or go the hybrid route. Now I'm making some to keep on hand but doing it so that I can add stuff to it to personalize it. I love saving the money and having an outlet for my creativity.

11. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

My usual card size is 5x7 if I’m just making one. If I’m making more than one, I’ll do 4x5ish because then I can make 2 cards with one 8.5x11 piece of paper.

meganmecrazy likes this.
  12. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

@dawnmarch Thanks! Do you just print on a regular piece of cardstock?

13. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Yes or sometimes I’ll use the Epson presentation paper since I have an Epson printer.

meganmecrazy likes this.