Do you create greeting cards?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by bcgal00, Oct 10, 2016.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I created a birthday card yesterday for Bailey. I put it together quickly in just a few minutes, printed it out and glued it to a folded card (to give it more sturdiness as the cardstock was the heaviest weight I have but still needed to be heavier IMO). I enjoyed it and am going to make more. I used to create cards when I was a paper scrapper but haven't made any in years now so had forgotten how fun it is and how satisfying it is to create a card rather than buy one. I am going to create some card bases and will store them in smugmug. I can then load into PS, add some WA, sentiment, a few embellies, etc, depending on the occasion and person it's for, and then can print out.

Do you make your own cards? Here's mine.
    [​IMG]

2. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

That is adorable!

No, I don't, but I should. I never think of making one ahead of time, but always hate paying $7.99 for a card at the store!

mocamom likes this.
  3. chickypow

chickypow All I need is my gun, and my blankie

Yup. I create all my invitations and cards myself. I use good quality cardstock and arrange it so I can print the front then flip it and print the inside. :)

enjoyyourpix, KatrinaHunt13 and cfile like this.
  4. chickypow

@bcgal00

Good idea!!! To glue it to a sturdier card! I'm so trying that.

Second, does bcgal mean you're from BC, Canada? (If I haven't asked that before). Curious as I'm from BC and have never ever ever met anyone in digiland from here lol.

5. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I do. I usually have the printed on matte photo paper and just stick them on a slightly larger folded white card. That way I don't have to fiddle with the printing of folded cards and what not. Way too complicated. A print is only a few cents, so this is also a really cheap solution.

6. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Yes I do.. I found AC More have the cards and envelopes so I use that and do 7x10 card pages print and mail out.. works great!

BevG likes this.
  7. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I make my own cards. Sometimes I do digital and print at home or the copy store and other times I dig into my old paper scrappin supplies and make a card the old fashioned way.

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I used to make cards, invitations, scrapbooks, t-shirts and frames, calendars, other things... when I was a demonstrator for SU. For my wedding alone, I made the favors, the overnight favor bags, thank you's and the church program. Then, I had kids, and found digital, and then went to the dark side. I have dabbled in hybrid, but didn't like it as much as I had previously. I have occasionally made cards since then... but very rarely. I pry still have samples of my cards somewhere.

I gave away about 250 stamp sets and loads of supplies to a few people (one was completely random, lol!) I still have a few supplies that I actually use regularly... glue dots (kids, and my curtains won't stay in place, lol), cardstock (2 huge tubs full still - the whole rainbow - but the kids use it mostly now), certain hole punches, and ribbons.

9. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

LOVE making cards!

10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Love the card!! I used to make cards all the time, but haven't done it for awhile. Yours is very inspiring :)

11. catschwartz

catschwartz Active Member

Yep, but I cheat and use the Hallmark card maker software :) I use cardstock paper and buy the envelopes. I make get well cards for the prayer list at our church, and make birthday cards for friends. I don't know if printing them is cheaper that buying them, but people like that I personalize them.

12. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I make cards! The old fashioned paper way- occasionally I'll do a hybrid project, but I'm a Stampin' Up addict as well as Digiscrap addict! ;) If only my SU supplies lasted as long as my digi supplies! ;) ;)

13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

16-Card-for-Hannah-web.jpg
    Yes, I make them for my two teenage granddaughters who always get money these days. At least the card is something personal and unique. Hannah looked in awe when she asked Did you make this one??? (the butterfly card) The one above was this year for her 14th birthday. Sometimes, dh gets one! Hannah-card_web198.jpg

14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Wow. There are some gorgeous cards in this thread!

I've made a variety of cards digitally over the years. I really need to get it together and make some more to replenish my card stash. It's so nice to be able to grab a card when you need one!

15. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@chickypow Erin, I'm in Port Coquitlam. Where are you?

17. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Gorgeous cards, ladies!

18. chickypow

@bcgal00 hahahahahaha I was just there.in PoCo last week. I'm in Kamloops. That's so cool. First other BC person I've run into!

bcgal00 likes this.
  19. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

yep, another card maker here......... I will make one and post to the recipient on FB digitally and then I print it out and paste it to the card and give it (or post it snail mail) to the person afterwards. It's mostly my family and couple of close friends that I do that for. :)

Here are two I did this year for two of my daughters-in-law:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just found another two from this year, this one is for an ex-daughter-in-law but she is more like a daughter-of-the-heart :)

[​IMG]

And this one for my sister :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Lovely cards here! I used to make TONS of hand stamped cards. They took SO much time, but I loved making them. Then I could rarely give them away. Lol. I did make a few hybrid cards a couple years ago using digi-stuff:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]