*CLOSED * - Getting to know you - Last photo taken on phone & explain | DSD 2016

Discussion in 'iDSD Party Pad 2016' started by PLM, Oct 1, 2016.

1. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Hello everyone and good morning!!!
    My first thought this morning was that it was DSD day!!!
    Oh no... not really, the very first thought was "Who is waking me up, it's saturday... :badmood": my youngest gave me a sweet kiss on my nose to wake me up. Then I thought of DSD and got up with my 2 precious boys, while daddy caught some more sleep.
    Now, we have had some tough weeks: we all got sick very bad and in the midst of thing we had a family loss. I am so grateful right now for every little precious moment with my family.
    Here you can see my youngest who woke me up, he's repeating his "waking kiss":
    [​IMG]

This is the latest photo on my phone, so let's get to know each other and share us your latest "phone-photo" (preferably from phone, if you don't use it for photos, take the last one on your camera).
    We all like to get to know one and another, so share us the story that goes along with the photo!!!

There will be one random winner of a $3 GC.
    Game closes on Tuesday, October 4th at 8 am EDT.

Have fun!!! :jumpey

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2016
  2. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

hubby thought the sky looked cool, when at post office for stamps

2016-09-13 17.21.14.jpg

3. PLM

Oh yes, it does, I love clouds (who are not bringing rain, lol). As a kid allready, I loved discovering the figures in it. Me and my sister made a game from it while we were doing car trips.

grrfluudy and Cath_ like this.
  4. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

When I was taking a walk last week. Autumn was starting to show then. Now it's pouring rain...

2016-09-22 14.35.42.jpg

This reminds me to take more photos. I'm not up-to-date with PL and I realize I can't even scrap some weeks because I have no photos!! :(

5. Cath_

lovel stone walkway

PLM and berniek like this.
  6. PLM

Indeed, you can see some autumn colors picking through allready!
    NO worries about the photos, I had the same thing last year and now it's better. I sometimes simply take a screenshot of something on my phone to remember what happened during that day. It doesn't have to be always photos, doesn't it? :)
    I hope the rain stops soon for you!

berniek likes this.
  7. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

[​IMG]
    I take a picture of my kids at the front door most days. Yesterday's picture is the most recent on my phone.

8. Cath_

what a wonderfull tradition

lorryfach and PLM like this.
  9. PLM

They are really cute Lorry!! But how on earth did they grow so fast? I remember they looked lots smaller when I saw them jut like... yesterday or so???
    Beautiful tradition, indeed!

lorryfach likes this.
  10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Well, I didn't take any today yet (06:45) and not many yesterday but I did get this shot of two of my dh's bags for his trip down to Florida. His coffee bag on right and a little cooler. What I missed because of the rain was the two bicycles on his car - his and one for a college student son of friends of ours.
    bye.jpg

11. PLM

What trip are they on Maureen? Fun to get that inside photo, cool!

12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

@PLM your photo isn't showing up; hugs to you :hug
    @Cath_ I take lots of pictures of the sky too. I'm always admiring it. :)
    @berniek It has been raining here in Fredericksburg, VA too. My friend and I canceled our walk this morning and my photo scavenger hunt scheduled for 10 a.m. is being threatened. I would be like :sulk but actually I wouldn't mind because it would mean more time for DSD games and scrapping today! :wub
    @lorryfach Great routine! What a treasure of a collection of photos that must be! :love
    @cookingmylife Happy travels to your dh! :driving

The last several images on my phone are actually screenshots. Most recent is a screenshot I made about 15 minutes ago of the attendee list for my photo scavenger hunt. I'm the host. I made the screenshot instead of relying on the Meetup app. I haven't actually used it since they upgraded last week, but previously it was awful and I avoided it.

The next most recent 15 images are screenshots of my own scrapbook pages that I made so I could post them to IG for one of the DSD games.

And, at last! , the most recent actual photo I've made with my phone . . .
    [​IMG]
    As you may have noticed in the gallery because I make two page spreads of walk photos every month, I use my phone a lot on my daily walks. I don't include all of them in my scrapbook pages -- there are too many -- but I believe strongly in printing at least some photos. And, making pictures during my walks is what helped me finally establish the daily routine two years ago. I lifted my camera up for this particular photo at the end of my walk Friday morning. My husband accompanied me, so we talked and I forgot about taking pictures, but as we turned up our drive I heard honking geese approaching. Unfortunately, they didn't go directly over my head as I was hoping so it's not a very good picture. Oh well, I'll probably have another chance, and I have plenty of other great pictures. :D

p.s. This has been one of my most favorite games! :) I love to see pictures of other places.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  13. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

IMG_0255.JPG
    This was the bus that my friend had just boarded to head home after spending 4 hours with me. She was keen to see something different so came down last week

14. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

How do you post the photos from your phone here? I don't use the "internet" on my phone

grrfluudy likes this.
  15. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

homemadestamp.jpg
    I took this last night for another thread for Kimberlee for her art class with kids. I remember my daughter made this and was so excited about it. So I'm off to post into that thread.

Cath- I love clouds too!
    berniek-what a pretty street!
    lorry-I love your daughter's dress!
    Maureen-COFFEE is what my boys would say too!
    Michele-it has been really rainy here too!
    Jennifer- hope you had a nice visit with your friend!? Do anything special?

16. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I have Dropbox on my phone and my desktop, and I let my phone upload any photos I take automatically to my Dropbox account. I then uploaded my phone photo from my desktop.
    I'm sure you can upload to the forum straight from your phone too, but then you really need to use your browser on your phone. Dropbox uses internet too though..
    Perhaps you can link your phone up to your computer with a usb-cable too?

17. PLM

Oh, that's strange, is anyone else not seeing my photo?

Thanks for th hug, Michele!!! Your photo is great, it sets a real nice feeling!

@littlekiwi : it's nice when friends come over for a visti, I always love that!
    @rdjrneace :mine get uploaded straight to my computer through dropbox, otherwise you can connect your phone to our laptop?

18. PLM

Hihi @berniek , I see we almost mentionned the same thing, lol!

berniek likes this.
  19. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

upload_2016-10-1_8-47-45.png

Here is the last photo I took; I actually forgot my photos are uploaded to Icloud so I used that. Thanks for the "reminder" about photos uploading.

20. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

My son's birthday is tomorrow, so I spent part of yesterday afternoon wrapping his presents. I took this photo to put on Instagram. Normally I do a better job of wrapping odd shaped items into a box or gift bag, but decided just to wrap this tumbler as is, and I thought it was funny. :giggle

2016-09-30 17.12.35__iPhone6Plus.jpg