Have you got STYLE? - Challenge & Freebie by Mommyish

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by mommyish, Aug 23, 2016.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Hugs.. So sorry

2. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

Thank you for the awesome style set!

3. ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi Designer

Very sorry for your loss. Take care.

4. Crystal A

Crystal A maestro in the making

I'm so sorry for your loss!

I'm wondering if someone else on this thread can answer a question for me. In making my layout for this challenge I was saving the file occasionally throughout my creative process and then just as I went to do the final save, I received an error message saying that the file was bigger than 2 gigabytes and could not be saved. The only thing that I am doing differently is adding styles. Is that a common thing? Do I need to do something different? That's such a huge file and chunk of space on my computer! I ended up merging layers and then I was able to save but it was still over 1 GB in size!

5. cfile

What size is the layout you are working on? 3600 x 3600 dpi 300 is a 12x12 for print purposes... 600x600 dpi 72 for posting to web is generally the sizes

6. Calgirl

Calgirl New Member

I love, love all the styles that you create! Always some creative new effect to use. Playing with them is so much fun!

7. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

When I open up the folder with the style in it do I drop all the files into the PSE folder or just s specific one?

8. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

Styles are my lazy scrapbooking trick! The coolest thing I did was use them to make the road signs. I found images of the Quebec, "Route des Montagnes" (the blue sign) and yellow incline sign on line (cc share alike copyright.) I really wanted them on the page.I used Mommyish vintage distressing, and then added the metal rim, with the Mommyish freebie.

Other styling: Background paper switched to green with JJ Storyteller 2016 styles + Mommyish halftone distressing freebie, Mommyish art canvas style on paper, Mommyish kraftpaper style on globe, JJ Storyteller 2016 style on orange arrow, Two layers of JJ Storyteller 2016 styles on the "Charlevoix" title, Mommyish freebiehalftone distressing on the "Enjoy the Journey" tag.

Brendazzle likes this.
  9. cfile

You should open the folder and select that style... That will put it into pse. I hope that answers it for you otherwise I will need to look again toMorrow. I have not used pse in awhile but will check on it

10. tam65

Yeah I have the styles working. Now to put them into action on a page. Thank you for all your help #cfile.

cfile and mommyish like this.
  11. Crystal A

As I am designing the original layout I have the size 24 in x 12 in with a 300 resolution. I mainly scrap double layouts. Once I am done, I do Save for Web so that I can upload it to the gallery.

12. Crystal A

[​IMG]
    Here's my layout. Credits are in the gallery! I love styles!!!!

cfile likes this.
  13. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

You may want to rasterize the layer styles to see if that will help. When styles remain active in a layered layout it will increase the file size. So lets say it is the kraft - rasterize/simplify and add the dropshadow and leave that active.

Brendazzle likes this.
  14. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

I'm officially going through and sending out codes! :D I also made sure to have ALL my styles loaded from the CU club with Just Jaimee from previous months! <3

-- codes sent up to this point --

I'm enjoying seeing all of these layouts! :D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    Crystal A and jbusselv like this.
  15. Crystal A

Thanks! That makes sense. I'll do this from now on

16. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Thanks for the fabulous styles. I used the photo edge (photo), kraft (confetti) and metal rim styles (title and circle with heart).

[​IMG]

mommyish and shunnstergirl like this.
  17. shunnstergirl

shunnstergirl Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    It's a little hard to tell, but I used the halftone distressing on the journal card and the wordart, the metal rim 2 on the button at the bottom, and even though the template already had photo edges I used the photo edge style to give them that slight texture. Thanks so much for these fab styles!

mommyish likes this.
  18. tam65

Here is my page. The first time I have used styles and might just be hooked. I used the half tone distress look on the title and the white stroke which I create a lot using PSE but now with one click I have a stroke.

A Holiday

[​IMG]

mommyish likes this.
  19. Calgirl

Calgirl New Member

I hope this works. I think this is my first posting. I needed a new fall signature so I used the styles provided by Mommyish - kraft and metal rim on the name and star. I also used a chocolate style I have from Leah. The pumpkins were so cute in this kit from Kristin Aagard that I decided to make a chocolate pumpkin.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Thank you for the fun styles, I have a very large collection of your styles!

mommyish likes this.
  20. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

*** Challenge Closed but Freebie is still available - Thank you for everyone who participated - the final codes are being sent now! ***