Ephemera Challenge - Summer School Week 6 *CHALLENGE CLOSED-WINNER ANNOUNCED*

Discussion in 'Six Weeks of Summer School' started by mommy2boyz, Aug 7, 2016.

1. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

:attentionHi all! Jo here with your Summer School Ephemera Challenge. :funfun

This is a pretty straightforward and simple challenge. I would like for you to create a THEMED EPHEMERA LAYOUT. It can be any theme you choose...summer, fall, a holiday, game night, movie night, back to school, travel, vacations, staycations...sky's the limit here. The only rule is that you need to choose ONE theme and that you need to use product from the store's Ephemera section. I chose to do a hybrid layout, but you are more than welcome to do digital if that's your fancy. Have fun with it! Can't wait to see what you create. My example of a back to school themed layout is below.

**Sidenote: This sweet boy will be starting THIRD grade today!! How did that happen so fast?! Oh, my poor mama heart. :heartlub

[​IMG]

For this LO I used: School Ephemera Paper Stacks by Sahlin Studio, Ephemera #6 by Paula Kesselring, and Composition Papers by Sahlin Studio.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

It's absolutely gorgeous Jo! Love your page example ... very inspiring! :beat

mommy2boyz likes this.
  3. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Great page. Can we use a page from the Smash workshop?

4. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

amazing challenge

5. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

My oldest is starting 3rd grade soon. How does this happen so fast?

mommy2boyz likes this.
  6. mommy2boyz

I'm sorry, but not sure what the smash workshop was? This needs to be an original page, created for this challenge. You're welcome to use an ephemera pack from TLP that you already have, though.

7. mommy2boyz

I don't know!! I wish I could slow them down. I will have a 3rd grader, a 1st grader and my baby will be going to a 3 day a week pre-k. :(

jesskab likes this.
  8. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I will also have a 3rd & 1st grader, but I stop there. 2 boys is more than enough for me. I'm just happy they go to the same school & will get out at the same time. That's a little less hectic.

9. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

10. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

If you make a page during tomorrow's workshop, it's absolutely fine to use it for this challenge. :)

mommy2boyz likes this.
  11. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Your sweet boy is adorable :) here's the love-themed page I came up with using Paula Kesselring's Amore Mio:
    [​IMG]

12. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

13. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

backyard memory kind my theme

[​IMG]

wvsandy and mommy2boyz like this.
  14. mommy2boyz

How sweet!! I LOVE the love theme.:giggle She's a doll and the page is just beautiful.

15. mommy2boyz

Super fun, Sandy! Love the journaling full of memories and those messy staples!

wvsandy likes this.
  16. mommy2boyz

Great job, Cath! Sweet page about childhood memories. Love the bold colors. I'm giggling at the "Danger Men Cooking" sign. ;)

17. mommy2boyz

Beautiful collage! Love hove you've used those cards.

18. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I used Danyale's cool cards.
    [​IMG]

mcurtt and paula kesselring like this.
  19. olsondetours2000

olsondetours2000 I'll use small words, you warthog faced buffoon.

Does everything in the layout have to be from the ephemera section of the store or could the layout include a combination of items from the ephemera section and items not in the ephemera section? As an example, Sahlin Studio's Autumn Moon elements are in the ephemera section but the papers aren't, so could the papers be used too or only the elements?

mommy2boyz likes this.
  20. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I'm officially hybrid! lol Ok - here is the story: We have a glass roof over an open patio next to the solarium in the back. Bugs, sometimes birds, and sadly butterflies keep hitting the glass roof trying to fly out. We keep a butterfly net near the door and if we see them we scoop and release. No dead birds yet but my husband brought in two beautiful and perfect butterflies of the same species who had expired from heat or exhaustion before we could rescue them. They are so lovely i wanted to mount them. I followed Jen's tutorial and created a background to mount them in a shadowbox frame I already had. - I then continued to add some ephemera to a beautiful cover for an 8 by 8 photo-book I intend to add summer pictures to. hopefully more butterflies, but live specimens.
    So fun - I printed, glued and things turned out just like Jen suggested it would. Here is my cover. When I mount the butterflies I will add a photo of final. The butterfly mount will not have the color overlay or ephemera added - they are so lovely they will stand alone.
    [​IMG]