Did any of you also got this email?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by PLM, Jul 26, 2016.

1. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I was cleaning out my mailbox today and noticed a mail which didn't ring any bell.
    It didn't look like some automated spam, so I read it.

It was someone from VIDA asking me to become a designer there....
    I thought "what is this?". I checked out the website and actually was surprised to see it was something real. I guess....
    Well, I am a bit out of new things on the net as time is short and I have no time to lose and wander the net.
    Did you ever hear about VIDA?

I'm really not considering the proposition, I'm sure it was some automatically generated email, but I love dscovering new things and I'm wondering if it's a well-known website?
    Can't wait to read what you can tell me about it!

**Hugzzz**

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Nope... I didn't get any email like that and I've never heard of VIDA... :)

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Never heard of it. I'm leery of things I haven't heard of, and usually avoid, unless it does enter my little world of social media, news, etc.

Tree City likes this.
  4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

eek, they are grabbing people asking them to be designers from social media .... opens up a world of CU/PU issues doing that! did they even check out where your "designs" come from?

5. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Me too Jenn, I never click on anything I don't know for certain is legitimate. Mother's Day weekend, I got an email telling me I was the grand prize winner for Land's End Mother's Day sweepstakes. It did turn out to be legit, but you should have seen the gyrations we went through trying to figure out if it could be real before I responded! I am a natural born skeptic.

jk703, bellbird and bestcee like this.
  6. PLM

Oh, I hope you don't think I open every unknown email, it was the first time I did read something like this, but it looked rather "normal" that's why I did it.
    But I guess, when none of you heard of it, that's actually something strange, no?
    Definitely not a place I will be going back to :innocent.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Never heard of it. I get weird emails all the time. I'm like @NancyBeck and such a skeptic that I've deleted legitimate emails because I doubt them!!

jk703 and bellbird like this.
  8. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Oh no, not at all, Sarah. I didn't mean to imply that. Just saying my trust quotient is just about zip. I blame it on my Mother. She used to tell me all the time that I was too trusting and too forgiving, sheesh! I'm 65 now and she's been gone for more years than I can count, you'd think she wouldn't still be a voice in my head, wouldn't you, lol?

PLM and bellbird like this.
  9. PLM

Oh, I think I will have the same thing, moms voice inside will never leave me ;-)
    I so understand!

NancyBeck likes this.
  10. StarryEyedDesigns

StarryEyedDesigns My goal, is to make a goal

When I used to be a designer, I did receive a similar email. I turned them down. Seemed weird and suspicious to me.

PLM likes this.
  11. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Never heard of it.
    Also when you mean they asked you to be a designer...you mean designing kits or being Creative Team? I know some people call being on a CT being a designer, as designing LOs.....
    Do you design as in designing kits? it sounds like a bit of a random thing to me if you say it looked like a general automatic email..... I am like @NancyBeck I don't trust much ....
    I have gotten some bank emails that are so, so well put together.....that is really spooky.
    So I tend not to trust when things like this come by :(

NancyBeck and PLM like this.
  12. PLM

No Cynthia, it was not clear in the mail. The website says they sell your designs printed on canvas, clothes, etc....
    As it was so general, that's why I thought it was so strange.
    As for designing: I have very much admiration for the people who are doing it, but I have no aspirations for myself ;-)

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ohhhh I get you now!!!!!!!!!!! and I get @jenn mccabe 's comment now too.
    I know a superb site like that, they take a certain percentage from your work, which can be a bit steep but if you think it, is great as the only thing you need doing is uploading, they print, convert into a number of items and they don't charge a monthly fee, it is ok.... the one I know is called RedBubble and is totally legit, they have been on for about 10 years or a bit more....
    I wouldn't trust a site until you see or hear from someone who actually got a sale made...I heard stories of people from other sites who never got money back.... but it maybe they are just starting.

Now, the problem you would face, is what Jenn commented about: by Term of Use, you can't post in any of these sites something you did with PU items, you would be in breach of law .
    You will need to buy every item on CU for then being able to sell on... and even so, I am not sure how the CU licenses work..... of course, if you produce something that will appeal and will sell...then you would be earning good money and they paying for CU would be a worth it...but I would really find out every designer's proper TOU before you decide to upload anything......

PLM and jenn mccabe like this.
  14. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

;) :agree

15. PLM

No plans on this, lol!

16. readingfool

readingfool Well-Known Member

Mom got that email a few weeks back - she answered them, to find out where they saw her work. What the linked back to was something she had pinned on Pinterest, not even one of her layouts from when she was still doing them. I checked them out a little bit, turns out they only pay their "designers" 10%, which seems pretty sad to me, no matter legit they may or may not be.

17. PLM

Oh gosh, thanks for this update, I hope other people will see this and not join in.
    Sometimes I'm wondering what kind of privacy internet really has... In the end I would say none anymore...

18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

But maybe Mom can get the real money from the Nigerian princes! :rollin

AllisonPennington, PLM and Dalis like this.
  19. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I get one of those every so often!

PLM likes this.
  20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

For the most part, the Nigerians have given up on my I think!

PLM likes this.