***WINNER ANNOUNCED!*****Blending & Brush Challenge - win $5! - Summer School Week 1

Discussion in 'Six Weeks of Summer School' started by MrsPeel, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I've played too :
    [​IMG]

BevG, wvsandy, Lindzee and 2 others like this.
  2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Here's mine, thanks for the fun challenge.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, Lindzee, knclark and 2 others like this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I use Artisan instead of PSE, so we don't have brushes. However, I did create my own mask for the photo using many of the "brushes" from Lynn Grieveson. I used a full page border from Jars Bloom by ETC by Danyale. I re-colored almost everything except the background to get the shades I wanted to match the picture.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel, wvsandy, Lindzee and 2 others like this.
  4. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Here's mine. I layered two photos, used Lynn' Cityscape masks and blended them together then added Paula's ink banners for the borders.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    cfile, MrsPeel, wvsandy and 3 others like this.
  5. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

Here's mine. I blended the photo with overlay and then soft light with lowered opacity. I made the doodles from the kit Iko Island by Lynn Grieveson Designs and also used brushes from that kit and from Grunge Collection Brushes #3 by Paula Kesselring and Quiet Time Borders by Nancie Rowe Janitz

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, knclark, lmccandless and 2 others like this.
  6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

My brothers & I grew up in Chicago, in the city. So it was a bit strange to take a vacation with our spouses there. Our hotel was off of Wacker Drive; we spent a week acting like tourists, and it was a wonderful time. Just a few days after we returned back home to our normal lives, normalcy as we knew it would change. 9/11 happened. (And yes, the American flag to the right of us was part of the photo.)

I enjoy blending. The backgrounds and photo layers total 6 in all. Two background layers, the bottom one set at Normal, the 2nd one set at Multiply. Then 2 copies of the photo, one set at Hard Mix, the other set at Hue, followed by 2 additional background papers, one set at Color Burn, the other set at Darker Color. Credits are in the gallery.

[​IMG]

janedee, MrsPeel, wvsandy and 2 others like this.
  7. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

[​IMG]
    I extracted the image & blended it using darker. I went a little wild with the brushes. It definitely wasn't a less is more situation.

MrsPeel and Lindzee like this.
  8. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

wOw I see so many new awesome pages!!!!!!!!!!!
    Apologies wasn't around much past couple of days, I had doctors yesterday and wasn't feeling well the rest of the day, long story short, be back in a bit to go through the gallery!!!!! I also added a link to our YOu Tube Channel in the initial post, in case you want to have a look at more videos to use brushes!!!!!

Ga_L and mcurtt like this.
  9. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

What amazing pages. I love this summer school.

MrsPeel and mcurtt like this.
  10. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I agree @Lindzee Can't wait to see what challenges week 2 will bring!

MrsPeel and Lindzee like this.
  11. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

12. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

I had a lot of fun playing with this layout...I hope it's okay. :)

[​IMG]

wvsandy and MrsPeel like this.
  13. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

Inspired by Ellen T's "Smell the Sea" Layout: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/smell-the-sea.259532/full

I used the Just Jaimee Summer 2012 Brush Sampler to make the mask for the photo, and then used the linear burn blend setting in PSE14. I liked how I could see the lines in the background paper through the photo. I added Just Jaimee's April 2016 Storyteller stamps to build the star half border along the top and bottom of the page. I used a border from the April 2016 Storyteller in the background paper, and then layered a brush from the Just Jaimee Summer 2012 Brush Sampler in white on top of the whole thing to hopefully merge it all together.

janedee and MrsPeel like this.
  14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I got time for one!

[​IMG]

MrsPeel and Juliestcyr like this.
  15. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I have to agree!!!!!!!

I have been to your galleries and have left you a bit of love in each page, you guys rocked this challenge even though I know for some of you is completely getting out of your comfort zone.... and you did so great!!!!!!!
    These pages most definitely have put a smile in my face and delight in my heart!!!!!!
    Thank you all so much for playing!!!!!

IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED YET: You still have until tonight to post your page!!!! and the store on these categories is still 25% OFF until tonight also!!!!!

16. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

17. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I really, really struggle with blending photos, I am useless at extractions and masking and not getting hard edges and stuff. However, I am much more comfortable with adding brushes, splatters and so on to make a page border and very much enjoyed that part of the challenge.

My page is about latest addition to family, stray cat who has made our home his, but he comes and goes at will and sometimes disappears goodness knows where for a few days at a time.

[​IMG]

Lindzee and MrsPeel like this.
  18. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

I created an ATC for this challenge. I used "Hard LIght" to blend the photo into the background paper.
    [​IMG]

19. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Photo was blended into background of its paper, Overlay was blended on top of that. Brush could have been smaller oh well I have polka dot paper now
    [​IMG]

20. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

I made Paula's grunge brushes all the same color and then did 2 with saturation and one with color burn. Used Dawn's mask to blend the photo. I attached another photo to two more grunge brushes at the top and then used the border set to color dodge. Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

janedee and MrsPeel like this.