Lightroom: From Workflow to WOW...FREE Live Class begins July 7th

Discussion in 'Six Weeks of Summer School' started by lmccandless, Jul 5, 2016.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Organizing my layouts is a great project...as if I needed another one! But it gives me a logical way to assemble them as they are one thing that is definitely not in any order on my various EHDs.

One thing I do with having the two catalogs ( one for photos and one for digi) is to sometimes export a couple of edited photos and then import them temporarily into the Digi catalog. Yes, it means closing one catalog and opening the other but that way I can see what I'd like with that photo by doing keyword searches. I don't do this very often.

Thank you so much Cheryl (and Laura and Courtney)! That really was very helpful and is making CC oh so tempting. It's on my wishlist for 2017 if I get a lot of keyboarding and clean up done. Work now then get the reward later. :(

bestcee and gonewiththewind like this.
  2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Thank you, Cheryl! What a great first installment!! I am so excited to get started with the facial recognition.

jenn mccabe and gonewiththewind like this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Woo-Hoo! I was really hoping advanced users would find at least one tip in all of that! LOL

I love to organize. It's not perfect, but I'm trying to get there. I'll really be talking about organization more in a later session, so you should find more things that will help you! Thanks again for joining me!

Thanks for coming, Maureen, and I am so glad I was able to help you a little bit. I think you have done the best thing to have photos in one catalog and digi supplies in another, even if you have to switch from catalog to catalog from time to time. I definitely recommend the CC photography package at $9.99 per month. You get both PSCC and LRCC and I've found it's more than enough for scrapping!

You're going to be doing that in your sleep. Trust me. I've done it in mine! LOL

michelepixels likes this.
  4. gonewiththewind

General Note:

The video will be available in the near future. It will be posted on the blog and in the forum.

BevG, cfile, Chippi and 2 others like this.
  5. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

YAY! This California time is killing me, LOL. I'm ready to go. At 10pm. PDT :giggle
    Hope you guys had fun, I can't wait to see the video and I'm gonna be there for Lesson 2.

6. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

When and where will the video be since I missed the live chat/lesson.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  7. gonewiththewind

See two posts above yours. It will be posted in the forum and on the blog. :)

bestcee likes this.
  8. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Hmmm. How near is that near future going to be? Lol!
    Little boy kept me away today, but I hope to come along next time.

9. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

10. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

I am SO looking forward to watching this!

gonewiththewind and cfile like this.
  11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Looking forward to the video! I was so bummed to miss most of it. I tried to watch from my phone while the internet was down, but that just wasn't cutting it :(

12. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Although I was a little out of it and tired due to being awake for almost 24 hours the day before bc of a late night ER visit with my son ... I tried to follow along & I loved the things you showed us Cheryl. I wasn't sure how to use that spray can, haven't done much with keywords yet ... and like Michele mentioned ... was also really inspired by how you set up your organization (love the Who, What, Where idea to compliment your When/date-based folder system -which is how my catalog is set up) ... and am also excited to set up the face recognition thing too. The Lights Out/Dim thing was really cool too!

Thank you so much and really looking forward to Lesson 2 ... thanks to Courtney & Laura for hosting and additional support !!!
    @gonewiththewind @bestcee @lmccandless

gonewiththewind and bestcee like this.
  13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@gonewiththewind I never find any tutorial/video a waste as I always learn something or see a different way to do something. It's really good to see a process from someone else's perspective. As good as the CL classes are they are almost always done from the perspective of a photographer with a capital P. I'm a scrapper who uses her iPhone so the organization is just as important to me. Virgos like order.

btw, the money is not the issue for me in getting the CC. It's being able to get to the willingness to make that jump to CCCS and take the time to walk through the awkwardness. Box by box I'm giving away a lot of things in my studio to give me physical and mental space. I have a 6 month goal!

14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I agree Maureen @cookingmylife about always being able to learn something or see a different way to do things. I'm always grateful simply to see into another person's workspace and workflow. It's very generous of people like Cheryl and many others who share these things online.

As for jumping to full Photoshop (if I understand your concern) I found it much easier than I expected. I had used PSE from 2006 until a year ago when I finally decided to switch to CC. Within days I figured out enough to scrap as well as I had in PSE. It's not more complicated really, it just has more power and functionality.

15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@jenn mccabe hope your son is okay.
    @gonewiththewind I am looking forward to watching. I am sorry I wasn't there for the live event. 9pm I was in shut eye mode. Big hugs and I look forward to learning something new! I dabble in LR but don't use it that much.

16. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

I tried to make it and fell asleep sometime right before on the couch. What?!?!? My life is so crazy right now. I will watch the video and beg for some private lessons from Cheryl, haha! Hopefully I will make the rest of them!

17. vkimsmith

vkimsmith Member

I've been using Lightroom since the first version and learned so much from class last night! I will definitely watch the video when it is released and look forward to the next class!

18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

@cfile ortho appointment went better than expected today! all is really good! thanks! :)

19. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I am so glad @jenn mccabe ... keeping him in my thoughts :)

gonewiththewind and jenn mccabe like this.
  20. gonewiththewind

I'm hoping the video will be up today!

cfile likes this.