Silhouette Cutting Machine

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by gwany1999, May 30, 2016.

1. gwany1999

gwany1999 Worst Cooks in America - I watch it, I live it

Anyone know how I can cut stickers that are to the edge of the item? I am using the silhouette cameo.

Label is from the MPM May Release. When I try and cut they come out but the machine trys to cut around the lines, both inside and out.
    See pic below.
    [​IMG]

I can put a white border around it so that doesn't happen but I don't really like that.

[​IMG]

What am I doing wrong in my settings...any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

Are you using the trace file or the svg file to cut?

edited to ask - are you just using the trace function is the software instead of using the cut files? If so it's probably thinking only the colored part of the label is what you want to cut. If you place the included all black trace file on top of the label in the software and trace from that you shouldn't have that problem. :)

If you have the upgraded software, using the svg file won't give you that problem either.

lorryfach likes this.
  3. gwany1999

I am using the cut file and the trace feature. Should I use the jpg?

4. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

When you trace, you want the entire thing to turn yellow, or it won't cut the way you want. Since the inside is white, that isn't going to happen. That's why the all-black ones are included, so you can trace those and get the right result.

5. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Make sure that you turn it entirely yellow and then select "trace outside edge" Try that!!

bestcee likes this.
  6. KatrinaHunt13

Also, make sure that none of the label are on any part of the registration marks on the screen or the red square that goes around thru the registration marks. Also, make sure there is good lighting for the machine to be able to read the registration marks. I hold a flashlight on my blade carriage when it is reading the marks and follow it all over the page until it starts to cut.

7. KatrinaHunt13

Opps...one more thing. Are you printing and tracing separately? Meaning do you print and then try to trace? Or are you tracing then printing? I always do all tracing before printing. Once you trace the label and make the cut marks, I group it together so that if I accidentally move it the cut lines and the label are together no matter what.

8. AllisonPennington

If you're using this file >> bloom_MPM_APennington_Label (TRACE) I don't know why it's doing that since it'd be tracing from an all black object. Do you have the designer edition software or the standard software?

9. KatrinaHunt13

Ugh, one more thing! @gwany1999 when I trace I turn off the high pass filter and then bump up the threshold until I turn the entire image yellow, then I trace outer edge. Let us know!

bestcee likes this.
  10. gwany1999

If I use the all black one, I don't have the color or pattern right?

11. AllisonPennington

Print your labels as they are and paste the all black file (bloom_MPM_APennington_Label (TRACE)) over the top before you cut. With the black files selected (only) proceed with your tracing.

12. AllisonPennington

I don't know if these will clear anything up but it's worth a shot. :)

1=1.png 2-2.png 3=3.png 4=4.png 5-5.png

Tronesia, KatrinaHunt13 and lorryfach like this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I do it like Katrina and just play with the threshold until it's all yellow. :) I never realized the black labels trick!

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  14. KatrinaHunt13

Haha!!! I haven't ever printed labels that have cut files with them. I am learning a ton on Print and Cut with all the hybrid stuff I am doing, since I am tracing the elements and printing them!!

bestcee likes this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep! I started doing it with regular kits for my planner.

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  16. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

Not sure if you have the Designer Edition or not. If you do this blog post explains how to use the MPM files....https://the-lilypad.com/using-svgs-to-print-and-cut/

If you don't then you need to first trace the black labels. Delete the black labels NOT the cut lines. Then manually place the colored labels so they line up with the cut lines. Print then cut.

I haven't looked at the set you are using but the look of your picture it looks like some of the image may be in the hashmark area. If it is you definitely need to resize it/move it so that is not in the hashmark area.