Anyone watching The Night Manager (tv)

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cookingmylife, May 20, 2016.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Is anyone else watching this one? I have to say I've fallen hard for Tom Hiddleston! plus Hugh Laurie had me in House which I loved.

I'm happily surprised at how up to date they've made this one from the book byJohn Le Carre written in the 80s I believe. I won't leave any spoilers - you can sure get enough of them on line - but when you wonder how corrupt people can get, this is right up or down there.

scrapsandsass and MrsPeel like this.
  2. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

I'm in the UK so I watched it a few months ago.

It's sooo good! Each episode is stunning...not such a big fan of Tom Hiddleston, but love Hugh Laurie! You'll enjoy it all :)

Best of British :) :)

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

OK ladies, don't be mad at me.... but I couldn't get past the first half hour. :backing Like @Kate W I'm not a huge Tom Hiddleston fan, but I was hoping I'd like the miniseries. Oh well. But I will admit that the problem may not be the series itself but rather my impatience. :) If I don't like something (food, book, show, film) within a certain time frame, then I'm out. I don't keep eating/reading/watching in the hopes I'll eventually like it. I've talked about this in the Reading Pad. (I gave up on the Kate Morton book. Funny enough, I gave it to my mom with the warning I didn't like it, and she's really enjoying it! But I digress.) What made y'alll like it? I'm curious because you must have noticed something that I didn't. :)

I will admit that I wanted to see the scene that caused such a hot fuss. But since it didn't happen right away, I didn't see it. :giggle Maybe I'll try watching it another time... like when I've developed patience! :imok

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    MrsPeel likes this.
  4. LynnG

LynnG Designer

We missed it when it was on here. I don't know why - we just didn't start recording it. Then I was kicking myself. Love me some Hugh Laurie too :blush

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. y_baros

y_baros missing sock mystery has been solved

I need to watch this. I looooooooooooove Tom Hiddleston :laundrynaughty and Hugh Laurie is amazing as well!

6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I don't know this show... I must look it up! I :beat Tom Hiddleston!

7. y_baros

I like you, you dirty little birdie LOL

Tree City likes this.
  8. yzerbear19

yzerbear19 CT - Krista Sahlin

My sister makes me watch because she loves Tom Hiddleston. I think there are some good parts and then there are some slower, boring parts. I don't really pay too much attention to it, but my sister really likes it.

9. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I heard about it but didn't know it showed here first....

same here, Kate... Laurie is amazing in anything he does, to me, Hiddleston will always be evil Loki... LOL and I don't find him attractive...sorry girls :(
    In which channel did it show? I maybe able to watch on Sky Box Sets?

to me, it happens like that sometimes.... we were watching The Descendants the other night.... it was so slow, we stopped ot and went to sleep....
    I also find that I find boring or non watchable stuff lots of people love....

Tree City likes this.
  10. cookingmylife

I must admit I'm getting tired of Hiddleston's 'look' but am bummed that I will miss the last episode Tuesday while flying. I thought I could buy it on Amazon now but uh uh. So I'll either wait til I get home or see if I can get it somehow later in the week.

@Tree City What do I like? I'm up for any spy series especially if I know a lot of the 'stuff' is accurate; the drop dead gorgeous scenery Zermatt omg & I love London; the veneer of luxurious life over rotten to the core people; the interplay between Laurie and Hiddleston; I'd prefer if Jed had a bit more meat on that 6'2 frame but her clothes are delicious. I also like Olivia Colman (Angela Burr) in most anything I've seen her in. Is that enough? ;)

y_baros and Tree City like this.
  11. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

^^ This :) especially the scenery! It's filmed gorgeously. I love love love Olivia Williams in everything. I've never heard of Tom Hiddleston before this....sorry! Not overly impressed with him TBH. I think he's a bit wooden :) and didn't like his character.

Tree City likes this.
  12. cookingmylife

@Kate W I've never seen Hiddleston in anything before but in the nicest way I realize he reminds me of my eldest son. He's also blond, blue eyed and tall but isn't so fawningly nice. Tho he is a sweetheart. :heartlub

y_baros and Tree City like this.
  13. Tree City

That's how I felt about the little bit of it that I saw.
    And as far as the beautiful locales, I only saw the inside of the hotel lol. :) But I can imagine the locations are gorgeous.

14. y_baros

Oddly enough, it was his character Loki that made me develop a crush on him lol

KarenW, yzerbear19 and MrsPeel like this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm guessing since it was in the U.K. first that it might be a PBS show? Either way, check the broadcasting companies website. Most of the time you can watch the latest episode, or the entire series through them.

Ok, not PBS, AMC. If you have Comcast, the series is available online through them.

16. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I do get sympathetic to some evil characters, so much that I was in a conscious dilemma when watching Billions because I was rooting for the guy and hated the prosecutor, which in real life would have been very much the other way round, but I loved Thor much more than Loki ROTFL

cookingmylife and y_baros like this.
  17. y_baros

IMO, Thor and Loki hit the gene pool jackpot LOL! Rawr.

RebeccaH, yzerbear19 and MrsPeel like this.
  18. cookingmylife

It's on AMC here and we have DirectTV but I think I will just have to practice a bit of patience and see it on May31st. Sigh.

19. cookingmylife

When I finally saw this bit of rear end while he still had his shirt on!! for heavens sake...I wondered who or what thought this was a bit much? Maybe I've watched so much tv where very very little is left to the imagination in sex scenes that I could have blinked and missed it. That's fine with me because I don't need to have naked bodies every week. LOL Every other week is fine and yes, let's let naked men have equal time. As @Kate W said Best of British!

20. Tree City

First off, this whole post made me giggle! "He still has his shirt on!" = :hehe I wondered if it would be censored in the US... like less actual nekkid booty screen time (IDK how much was in the original BBC version lol, so IDK if "a little" is less than the original?). I thought there wouldn't be any nudity on the AMC version cuz the US FCC regulations can be ...difficult... to understand.

RebeccaH, scrapsandsass and bestcee like this.