Who else has a crapton of files to unzip??!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by amien1, May 9, 2016.

1. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

great idea Cailyne, I have been unzip-ing as i go, now I wonder if I downloaded all I bought.

Only bought 1 single pp pack double this year... so much better then last year

klee73010 and amien1 like this.
  2. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Hihi, shop till you drop in digiland!

Last edited: May 10, 2016
    amien1 likes this.
  3. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Me. And I think I bought everything in site!

enjoyyourpix, amien1 and klee73010 like this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Hooray for fun shopping sprees! :) I always like unzipping because it gives me a chance to look over everythign fun I've picked up again. :)

amien1 and klee73010 like this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I use ExtractAll, and it makes this lovely sound when they are all unzipped...I love that sound!

[​IMG]

enjoyyourpix and amien1 like this.
  6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

7. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I was out of town this weekend visiting with my parents for Mother's Day. I cleaned the house and did laundry for mom, but shopped from my laptop on their couch whenever I took a little break. I downloaded and unzipped/put away as I went, but today I have the unenviable task of going back through my orders and making sure that everything did indeed get downloaded. I've been known to miss one or two things here and there and make myself go back and check them all now.

So funny- apparently I was so intent on the store web site at one point that my dad thought I was working!! (He couldn't see what was on the screen, just that I was concentrating very hard on it.) I had to tell him no, I was just shopping. :giggle

8. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

iNSD shopping is a serious work!!!!

amien1, klee73010 and keepscrappin like this.
  9. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

I have shopped, downloaded, unzipped and organised to my heart's content. Now all I want to do is print it all out and stroke it :) :giggle

amien1, klee73010 and enjoyyourpix like this.
  10. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Unzipping is all done here. I think what I need to do is go back through all my digital supplies and do a little purging of old freebies that I know I'm never going to use.

amien1 likes this.
  11. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I too have unzipped and put away (TLP stuff, at any rate). I do still need to open and import in Organizer to make sure the BYOC gets tagged!

amien1 likes this.
  12. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

I have to do everything together or I am afraid I will forget!!! I purchase, download, unzip and put away before I go on to the next purchase. Crazy I know, but I just found a few items I purchased and never downloaded yet from May 4th!!!! DUHHHHHH!!!!

Cath_ and amien1 like this.
  13. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Most things are unzipped, but I still have a few more organizational things to do that are part of my tagging/workflow. I definitely don't feel overwhelmed though!

amien1 likes this.
  14. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

My files automatically unzip when I download them but now I have tons of stuff to tag and put away!

enjoyyourpix and amien1 like this.
  15. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I did that and it was so wonderful! lol

bestcee and amien1 like this.
  16. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Compare that order history to what you have. I had an inresistable urge to check and recheck before closing!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  17. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Mine are all unzipped and filed somewhat. Now to clean up that organization a bit. Oh yeah when was that chat?

amien1 likes this.
  18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I don't understand what is hard about unzipping? I just go to my download folder, hit CMD A to select all, and hit Open. I never liked having them download on their own (and then auto delete the zip!!!) because I....yes, this is totally anal...I keep all my zip files. Way back when...in 2008-10, I tended to lose products here and there with sloppy organization, so now I use that as a backup for checking to see if I actually bought a product.

I still have all the organizing and tagging to do and am also still trying to figure out how I'll organize TLP products like MPM and BYOC that go together but are from different designers. Any hints?

amien1 likes this.
  19. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

There must be settings somewhere that governs unzipping. With my new computer, it automatically unzips and moves the zip to the trash. I used to have to do it manually. On pc's ... at least my old one running xp or earlier ... I'd have to use an app to unzip. I just didn't know what I was doing on my pc.

amien1 likes this.
  20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I see that the default app is now "Archive Utility" -green like Bart the Frog! I knew I had changed a setting some time ago to not delete the zips and the instructions are... (if anyone, like me, wants them)

Archive Utility handles .zip compression/decompression by default. You can find it under /System/Library/CoreServices/(eta - Applications)Archive Utility. Double-click to run it. You won't see any window but if you look at the menu bar, you'll see that Archive Utility is indeed running. From here, select Archive Utility --> Preferences and select After expanding: --> leave archive alone.

amien1 and enjoyyourpix like this.