May Random Challenge

Discussion in 'May 2016 Challenges' started by MrsPeel, Apr 28, 2016.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hello everyone!!!! Hope you are all well and excited for a new challenge! I really hope you will like it!!!! Your challenge for May will be to scrap about your favorite form of transportation: it could be your car, taxi, airplane, boat, train....whatever you like the most traveling in.

The idea came to me when I saw a video about this photographer from Skoda who did a project photographing people with all their car contents, and see what reflect of them as people...their personalities based on how they used their cars.... the result was this :

[​IMG]

and here is the page I made:
    [​IMG]

I didn't do exactly what she meant it to be, for example we don't travel with fast food or drinks, or sweets, but we do eat in the car a LOT these kind of thing LOL so I went for the things we do with the car, and it was so much fun finding the elements in my stash!!!

You do NOT have to follow the whole thing though,you can if you like, of course, but if you prefer to make a clean & simple page, or if you want to make even a photo-less page...no problem, you just have to make a page about your favorite form of transport, that's it :) as full or blank spacey as you like!

Please remember the monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a guest spot on the Lilypad Creative Team! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Hope you enjoy this, can't wait to see your pages!!!!!!! :heartlub

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    crazsquaw, tinkerbell1112 and berniek like this.
  2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

@MrsPeel unlock your page because I like to boss you around. And you are probably sleeping now. And I'm sneaking peaks at challenges

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

@MrsPeel I have some good pics for this.

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. MrsPeel

I was indeed LOL what do you mean unlock it?
    you can't see it?
    I'm quiet sure I posted the pure image code so it could be seen? If you mean for the credits, coming in a bit, I had slept only 4 hours in the past 3 days all together (kept falling sleep in periods of 15, 20 min, an hour) so Sarita just work me up after I went to sleep last night as my brain couldn't cope with anything else LOL. Will post asap!!!

5. MrsPeel

yay Jess!!!! can't wait to see your page!!!! @jesskab

6. pbrooks

pbrooks I need a realtor!

I think my car needs a bath before I take photos, LOL!

MrsPeel likes this.
  7. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Still can't see your page, my dear Mrs. Peel. This is the second challenge where I couldn't see the page. Are there gremlins around?????

8. carilyne

I mean something about changing it from hidden to public.

9. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I don't see it either. What gallery is it in?

10. MrsPeel

sorry, let me post it , it isnt in a gallery is on my Photobucket , I ll post it now, sorry , give us a minute

11. MrsPeel

you should be able to see it now, apologies, something is bad with my computer plus my Photobucket was playing up :( @NancyP @lorryfach

12. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I can see your page Cynthia @MrsPeel . Very original challenge

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. MrsPeel

LOL mine tooo!!!!!! that is actually not a photo of our car, I found a Skoda advert and extracted the car from there, google search....always solves my problem in case like this LOL you don't need to follow exactly what I did, whatever way you want to scrap it, is fine, or you can take the opportunity to give the car a bath LOL

I think more than gremlins...my computer is almost 10 years old and sometimes hates me!!!! You should be able to see it now :)

it wasn't.... I posted the Photobucket code which is what we have been doing forever, my computer is just not lovi9ng me that much this week!!!!! LOL like I said, now you should be able to see it, of to credit it now :)

14. MrsPeel

thanks!!!!!!
    tu ais vu que tu peut faire la page comment tu veux? pas de problem si tu veut faire une page avec de blank space ou comment tu aime!!!!

Ga_L likes this.
  15. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

Oh yes sweety I've read... I need a beautiful picture of my car

MrsPeel likes this.
  16. lorryfach

Now I see your image :)
    I can't seem to upload mine, though. Nothing happens when I hit the upload button in the gallery, so I guess I'll try again later.

MrsPeel likes this.
  17. lorryfach

Reloaded and it worked
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  18. carilyne

Oh well photobucket explains it all. It's been weird all week. Such a clever challenge and page. I could make a page full of dog hair and call it my car. Because it seems to be everywhere in there.

jesskab, NancyP and MrsPeel like this.
  19. MrsPeel

Looking forward to see what you come up with, ma petite!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heartlub

Lorry!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! love the tittle, the word art in the card!!! of to the gallery read the journaling :heartlub

I can't believe it that it happened when I do my very fiorst challenge.. apologies it took me all day to fix this ...
    LOL the dog hair!!!!!!! I know I will LOVE whatever you come up with, can't wait to see!!!!!!!:heartlub

20. lorryfach

Whoops, forgot to paste in the journaling, Cyn! I will grab it now

MrsPeel likes this.