Any Runners Here!?!

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Scrapping with Liz, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I'm an avid runner. I just finished my 2nd 1/2 marathon with a PR....and I won first place in my age group! I'm not super amazing fast (not even sure I could qualify for the Boston), but I've improved my speed over the years.

I also run a little running group for our homeschool co-op.

Anyone else here run or trying...or want to get started? We could update each week with our running stats.

klee73010 and enjoyyourpix like this.
  2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I would call myself a novice runner. I started with the C25k app last year, and did finally finish that one, then moved on to the 10K app, but never finished it. I've never run a race. I hope to change that this year.

Ps... what makes one "avid" vs novice or something in between? Haha

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  3. klee73010

And congrats on your PR! That's super fun and validating!

4. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

I like to run! I used to run all the time when I was younger and then less and less until I stopped completely. I had not run in years but I started up again last year while trying to lose weight. Now I've signed up for a 10K in July and my first half marathon in October. I'm definitely not fast - my only goals are to finish both races and to not be last!

5. Scrapping with Liz

@klee73010 The definition of avid: having or showing a keen interest in or enthusiasm for something

So, if you are really interested or enthusiastic about running I would say you are an avid runner...I don't think it has to do with fastness or skill level. LOL! :)

I definitely encourage you to do a 5k. The thrill of the race is so fun and will get you motivated to do more....really!

@merank That's so exciting. When you start training for your 1/2 we should keep tabs. I might do one in Oct/Nov. I did say I was going to take a little break after this last 1/2, but I sort of miss it already.

merank, enjoyyourpix and klee73010 like this.
  6. klee73010

I was almost signed up for one for April but other plans had already been made so I had to cancel. I was looking for a different one today, actually. Definitely on my list. And I suppose that makes me an avid runner, too, though how I can be an "avid" and still feel like a beginner is beyond me. :giggle!!!

7. klee73010

Oh... I forgot to mention that I had a running goal for the year, that was an average of ~5 miles/week. I haven't met that by a long shot, but perhaps there's still hope if I get back to the longer running days where I am running 4-5 miles multiple times per week.

Just made this page recently....

[​IMG]

And today posted on Instagram "Operation SPI: stroller pace improvement" because my stroller pace is awful. :giggle

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm an avid running avoider who has a desire to be a runner. LOL. Seriously. I used to love running cross country, and I still enjoy getting out for a walk/jog. I want to be a runner again, I just haven't started.

Congratulations Liz! And Kristina - you are still moving forward! Awesome!
    Meredith, you give me hope.

9. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

How about walkers? My husband and I are setting walking distance goals. I can't run with my RA and seriously damaged knees

10. Scrapping with Liz

Yes, walking is great too! I saw a race that was one by a speed walker.

enjoyyourpix likes this.