I'm a personal trainer fyi :)

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by chickypow, Mar 3, 2016.

1. chickypow

chickypow All I need is my gun, and my blankie

Just wanted to pop in and let you all know that I am an ISSA certified personal trainer. If anyone has questions or wants advice on anything I'd be more than happy to help :)

2. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

That's so sweet of you!

chickypow likes this.
  3. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I wish I could afford a personal trainer since I have hit a little wall and am getting frustrated.

4. chickypow

I can help you out :) pm me if you like and fill me in and I can give some suggestions.

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That's awesome! And very kind of you.

6. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Dear @chickypow ,
    Your favorite top 5 or whatever bodyweight exercises for beginners?
    I want to strength train, starting very small, no gym available. My body weight is all the weight I am willing to "lift" for now (and there's plenty of it :giggle ). I am a novice runner, if you need to know that. But i want a few exercises that work out a wide variety of muscles.

I am currently planning to start with a workout I found for beginners on nerd fitness dot Com (I can link it up later!). But open to suggestions!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  7. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Thank you @chickypow. very generous. I have rheumatoid arthritis, so almost any impact is not good, and I was thinking of yoga, but any suggestion is welcome.

8. chickypow

Yoga for sure and water aerobics is amazing!

Lindzee and enjoyyourpix like this.
  9. chickypow

Oh and gentle Thai chi

Lindzee likes this.
  10. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Thank you!

chickypow likes this.
  11. chickypow

Push-ups, start with wall Push-ups then knee Push-ups when those get too easy, squats-normal ones and plié squats and lunges (hold on to a chair with one hand if the lunges throw you off balance at first), lay on your back and arch up into a bridge for your butt, lay on our back and do leg lifts for abs. Start with that. Also look up dead lifts on YouTube. Those are AMAZING and work your hamstrings which are hard to target and important for runners, as well as your back. You can do them with just body weight, just look at YouTube for the form which is important or hold a can of soup in each hand :)

12. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Erin, you are such a sweetheart! I have been back at the gym 3 weeks now after a shoulder injury and I think the hardest thing for me it's not to over do it. There use to be all this stuff that I was able to do that I can't any more and it frustrates me. Baby steps, I know.... Just wanted to say thanks.

klee73010 and chickypow like this.
  13. chickypow

I feel ya. I hurt my obliques and when I got back to the gym I had SUCH a hard time starting slow. It's so frustrating!

14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Thank you for these. I've debated on going back to the gym after a knee replacement but this should get me going at home. uh...if I do them! ;)

chickypow likes this.
  15. chickypow

Lol just do it!it takes 3 weeks to create a habit. 3 weeks isn't that long in the great scheme of things! ;)

16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I used to do zumba and weight machines at the gym but just don't have time to go now. I walk a lot with the dogs and hope to do some light weights at home. I have to be careful though b/c I am prone to wrist tendonitis and my lower back goes out a lot. I did Jillian Michaels Shred for awhile and then one day my back went out and it took about 2 months to get back to normal. So frustrating. I have a stepper at home and need to utilize it, along with my bands and weights. I try to watch youtube to figure out some routines but then get lost in ideas and don't know what to do so I don't do anything. I need to get motivated. I feel crappy that I've lost all the muscle tone I built up over the past few years and gained 10 lbs...ugh.

17. chickypow

This simple routine that I suggested earlier might help? It's easy, quick and can get you started without being overwhelming. It's tough to build your own routine cause there is SO many options out there!

Push-ups, start with wall Push-ups then knee Push-ups when those get too easy, squats-normal ones and plié squats and lunges (hold on to a chair with one hand if the lunges throw you off balance at first), lay on your back and arch up into a bridge for your butt, lay on our back and do leg lifts for abs. Start with that. Also look up dead lifts on YouTube. Those are AMAZING and work your hamstrings which are hard to target and important for runners, as well as your back. You can do them with just body weight, just look at YouTube for the form which is important or hold a can of soup in each hand :)

18. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

I am so glad I just stumbled across this...
    Obviously anything is better than nothing and it all depends on the person's schedule, but:
    Is it better to exercise during the day or at night, or does it make no difference?
    I only have two options, around lunchtime when my son is napping, or at night after both kids are in bed, which is sometimes means I am exercising from 8:30pm or 9pm and I am doing 30min - 45min.

I also might pm you with a bit more of a personal question if that is ok.

Thanks!

19. chickypow

The reason it's better to exercise during the day is because it could make it hard to sleep if you do so at night. It increases your endorphins and all that jazz. But if you have no problems sleeping then do it whenever you feel the best and most energetic. And feel free to pm me anything. I love to help out, women need to feel good about themselves cause we usually don't. That's the main reason I got into this field!

y_baros and Chippi like this.
  20. renee82

renee82 renee82

Wow! You're so generous! Thanks for all the info! :)

chickypow likes this.