Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Lena Gardner, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

Who will be watching tonight? I'm not a sports person but we are going to watch...I'll crochet during the sport-sy parts and just watch for the commercials. :D I put meatballs in the crockpot this morning and I'm making loaded potato skins and mozzarella sticks from scratch....plus deviled eggs. My 9 year old is obsessed with deviled eggs. So for us...it's about the food and the commercials and the family time. :)

Sara and jesskab like this.
  2. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

HUGE Broncos fans here!!!!!!

MrsGaramer, Sara and RebeccaH like this.
  3. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

Yes, I'll have it on in the background for fun and the commercials! Will probably be munching on some snacks, too! :yup

4. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

Will probably be forced to watch, or at least hear, the last part. We will be at church for the most part of it, thankfully!

RebeccaH likes this.
  5. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

We'll be watching, my youngest and my husband love to watch football together, so the whole family will sit down and watch the game. I'm not sure who we'll be cheering for, but it will be a fun family activity. Too bad we don't get the commercials that you get down in the States...our commercials get replaced with Canadian ones and they aren't nearly as creative.

klee73010 and Sara like this.
  6. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

We'll be watching. Trying to get plans worked out. Oldest decided he wanted to celebrate his birthday today too but doesn't want to watch the game. I am NOT good at last minute plans and want to crawl in bed and scrap.

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We'll be watching! We are huge football fans, and I'm always a little sad when the season ends (even though my team didn't do so well this year). I'm also in a Super Bowl pool, so I'll be hoping for a little cash, too! My son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter are coming over to watch with us and I'm about to head out and pick up some snacks. I am not overly concerned with the outcome of the game this year, I like both teams good enough. Carolina is only about 3 hours from here and I've I always liked Peyton Manning, so I am good either way.

Sara likes this.
  8. Chel

Chel Active Member

Football is always just background noise to me. I do love the commercials and the Puppy Bowl on the Animal Planet.

RebeccaH likes this.
  9. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

We don't have local tv...only streaming and the antenna doesn't work out here so we will not be watching..lol Luckily we don't mind :D

RebeccaH likes this.
  10. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Not sure we'll watch this year. I usually look forward to the Super Bowl each year, but this year, I'm just not feeling it. Honestly, I'm dying to watch the next episode of Sherlock, so we may end up doing that! :)

11. crystalbella77

Sherlock is a kabillion times better than the Superbowl :D

12. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Three years ago I could not have told you the name of one Seahawk player and then Seattle went to the Superbowl the next two years and the city became obsessed (in a great way) with the team so I watched both of those Superbowls. Now I'm back into my old ways and could not tell you who is even playing. We are more of a basketball house.

klee73010 and scrapsandsass like this.
  13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My family and I are hardly aware of what's going on in the sports world. :shrug I happen to be eating nachos though. :thumbsups Next I'm going to do some scrapping! :wave

RebeccaH, klee73010 and jesskab like this.
  14. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

15. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I'm watching, mostly because it's here in the Bay Area. I've gotten a few messages that halftime will have dancers from some of my old studios. It's a crowd/fan scene, but I'm hoping some of them get some good camera time. I made some clam dip & bbq chicken.

16. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I'm not a football fan, but will keep hubby company while he watches and cheers on the Broncos. I'll probably scrap most of the game!

17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

CBS is streaming it this year. My Roku told me so :-)

I'd rather be watching that! Maybe tonight...

It's on in the other room. I sat down to scrap instead. I can hear all the crazy, enjoy the food, and they can enjoy the game!

18. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

We are watching. Ish. I'm home sick as a dog and DG and Bugga are at a Super Bowl party. We are DVRing the game and will watch together when they come home around half time. I love watching with him. And sports in general. And the commercials are always a hoot.

Though I have to agree with @crystalbella77 . As much as I enjoy sports and big games and such. Sherlock really does trump All The Things. :beat

19. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

You know, I'm a Bear fan (so yeah..no dog in this fight usually ha!) but our house really does like Peyton Manning and I'm pulling for him to win. Would love to see that. He's had an incredible career.

20. crystalbella77

We just have hulu and netflix so no live streaming...bummer.. lol