Tapatalk?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by mnjenlittle, Feb 4, 2016.

1. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!

i am not sure if this is an ok place to ask this question. I have not been able to link to the forum through Tapatalk, it says it can't find the link. I thought I had seen others comment that says they are commenting from that app. Any thoughts? Thank you!! :)

2. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

Before the forum was upgraded, many (including me) used tapatalk, but the new site doesn't need tapatalk to look/work correctly - it is mobile optimized. Hope that helps!

(I was pretty excited to get to uninstall an app - more room for pictures on my phone! ;) )

Vrielinkie, Karen and klee73010 like this.
  3. mnjenlittle

I see, so it is disconnected? Just curious since there is still a special banner across the top that says to go to Tapatalk. I just liked to see all my forums in one place.

4. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i tryed today when at a apt, to view thru chrome on phone, any other way to come here on phone

5. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

It should still work in Tapatalk. I can take a look after I drop the kids off.

@Cath_ did it not work in Chrome? Or you would just prefer something else?

Cath_ likes this.
  6. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

just impossible to do on my phone, to show my layouts to my therepst
    it worked but all big and senistive to jump to slideshow

7. lorryfach

Tapatalk doesn't really do gallery well. It's for the forum, so it might not be what you want in this case.

Cath_ likes this.
  8. lorryfach

I just tried installing Tapatalk again and adding The LilyPad. It does find The LilyPad and add it to my forums, but when I click to actually go there, I get a "Page Not Found" error. Is that the same thing happening to you, @mnjenlittle ?

I thought I had read somewhere that Tapatalk would still work, but now I can't find it. I know many of us were delighted to get rid of it, but I can understand wanting everything in one place.

Vrielinkie and mnjenlittle like this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

At this point the forum isn't available on Tapatalk. I believe it's somewhere on the long long list @lmccandless has! Personally, I find the new mobile friendly forum easier to use than Tapatalk - and no ads! I just put a bookmark on my homescreen so 1 click and I'm here :woot

bellbird likes this.
  10. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

For me tapatalk is just a way of tracking your interests so they can be sold to advertisers. Didn't need it, don't want it.

bellbird likes this.
  11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yeah, I have to agree that I was thrilled to be able to skip the Tapatalk route to get here. The whole site works beautifully on my phone and I love the seamless feel no matter whether I'm viewing on my phone or my PC. With Tapatalk I could never remember how to view things the way I wanted. I'm happy to be able to delete that app!

12. mnjenlittle

Thanks Courtney. I just happen to like it. I only look at the forums I am signed up for, so I haven't been bothered by ads. Maybe people who are on a specific forum many times a day it doesn't work or for other reasons. I will take Lilypad off for now.

bestcee likes this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I did too! And I still have 2 forums on there. But I notice that in the midst of the discussions are ads. You don't have that?

14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I do but I guess it doesn't really bother me

bestcee likes this.
  15. mnjenlittle

Yes, I felt the same, littlekiwi.