Welcome to the 2016 Challenges at TLP!

Discussion in 'February 2016 Challenges' started by mrs2a50, Jan 26, 2016.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Welcome to the Lilypad's 2016 Monthly Challenges! We're excited to bring you an expanded set of challenges with new themes, new learning opportunities, and a new member to the team!

Our monthly challenge line up looks like this:

Inspiration
    Journaling
    Style
    Random
    Template
    Scraplift
    Photography
    BYOC

These are meant to be broad and very high level - your talented challenge hosts will take these and bring you some very specific and individualized challenges each month that we hope will keep you guys on your toes, and let you create pages you love!

But wait! 1, 2, 3 ... there are 8 challenges! How does that work?? In order to give you guys a broader range of challenges, we decided to add an extra challenge to the mix! This doesn't change the reward system - your challenge rewards are the same:

Complete 2 challenges: Earn a 10% off coupon
    Complete 4 challenges: Earn a 20% off coupon
    Complete 6 challenges: Earn a 30% off coupon
    Complete 7 challenges: Earn a 30% off coupon, AND a chance for a guest polly spot!

What this means is you have a "free pass" - if there's a challenge that doesn't really suit you that month, you can skip it and still be considered for a guest polly spot! Of course, you can complete all 8 challenges if you want - we love to see that level of participation! But you only need to complete 7 for the 30% off coupon and opportunity to guest for us.

But wait again! 8 challenges? There are only 7 challenge hosts ... or are there? We are excited to have Lori (lcpereyra) join the challenge team to help us keep the challenges fresh and fun! So your challenge team line up is:

Amanda (gracielou)
    Ashley (ashleywb)
    Heather (HeatherB)
    Heather (talktoheather)
    Julie (mrs2a50)
    Lori (lcpereyra)
    Manda (mandakay)
    Renee (renee82)

And with that, I will let you guys get started on your pages for February!

Ga_L, wombat146, chigirl and 9 others like this.
  2. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

looking forward to another great year of challenges, thanks to the host and to you julie for all the work you do to make the challenges fun and educational

mrs2a50 likes this.
  3. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

thanks... great idea having 8 challenges

mrs2a50 likes this.
  4. jaharvey

jaharvey Well-Known Member

Perhaps a silly question, but I'm new to the monthly challenges: do we put our layouts under Member Galleries, like we did with the MOC4 challenges? Or do we tag multiple options, such as Member Galleries and the specific challenge name? I'm going to take a few days to recover from MOC4, but I am hoping to keep up with the monthly challenges, too. It has been a great pleasure to join the scrapping community here!

5. mrs2a50

You can post them wherever you'd like it the gallery. I think most people put them in the specific challenge, but you could also post to the Member gallery and tag the challenge. Totally up to you!

6. jaharvey

jaharvey Well-Known Member

Thanks. I also have an unrelated question, but not sure where to ask it and think you might know. What is the typeface used for the word "four" in the MOC4 artwork that people have been including in their siggies? And where do we get the artwork saying that we completed MOC4?

7. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

Great idea ! Love challenges !

8. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

The beautiful "four" in our MOC4 logo was actually hand-lettered by our very awesome + talented @Liz of Paislee Press. If you love this style of lettering (I know I do!!!), you can see some different options for it in her shop, I particularly use this set all of the time in my Project Life.

[​IMG]

The "I completed MOC4" siggies will be handed out at the wrap-up chat where we announce the new Polly. It will also be available for download afterwards for those who can't make the chat.

lorryfach, jaharvey and jenny like this.
  9. chickypow

chickypow All I need is my gun, and my blankie

I have a question, if I've already completed and posted a LO for a challenge, but am REALLY not happy with it, is it ok to redo it and replace the one posted with a new one?

10. mrs2a50

Absolutely!

11. chickypow

chickypow All I need is my gun, and my blankie

@mrs2a50 oh thank goodness! One of them is really bugging me. I struggled with it but think I can do way better. Thanks!

mrs2a50 likes this.
  12. girlonmac(Lisa)

girlonmac(Lisa) Active Member

question….I just became a member…but i have a ton of old pages just not in the gallery here…can I post the old page that is on my computer?

13. mrs2a50

@girlonmac(Lisa) Welcome Lisa! I'm not sure I understand your question. What are you posting your old page for, and where do you want to post it?

14. girlonmac(Lisa)

girlonmac(Lisa) Active Member

oh yes…duh! i posted question in the challage tread, but though it would be seen here faster…so i copy and pasted it…should have giving more info…lol any way..it was for the scrap lift challenge. I just started this month, so I only have 3 pages post here..I have old pages that i can scrap lift, they are just not current pages...

15. mrs2a50

@girlonmac(Lisa) - Ah! Yes, you can upload your old page to the challenge thread from your computer, no problem!

girlonmac(Lisa) likes this.
  16. olsondetours2000

olsondetours2000 I'll use small words, you warthog faced buffoon.

I finished 7, but I don't see that my thread was moved to finished. Do you only move them over if we complete all 8?

17. mrs2a50

I move them if you complete all 8 before the end of the month. Once the month is over, I'll move everyone completed 7 or 8.

18. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I was just coming in here to see if my question would be answered and I hope this is the answer. LOL! I don't see my thread in the completed layouts thread so I'm still good, right? I finished 7 of the 8. TIA! :)

19. mrs2a50

Yes, you're good! I haven't had a chance to move things over yet!

carrie1977 likes this.
  20. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Cool...thanks, Julie!