Lunch ideas?

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by bestcee, Jan 2, 2016.

1. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Eating healthy is actually all about planning. I plan on Sunday my lunches for most of the week so I can buy and be prepared. I recently heard you should eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince and dinner(supper) as a Pauper. Your biggest meals should be early in the day so your body has more time to burn it off.

Now I actually don't do this but it is something to think about for those that have the capability.

2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I was never good at breakfast or lunch until I did WW a few years ago. I've managed to keep it all off, and I'm below my wedding weight/pre-kids weight. I don't usually skip breakfast or lunch. If anything, I'll skip dinner. I just know I'm better off that way cause I don't need calories to sleep. :giggle

I tend to eat a low cal/fat breakfast sandwich, cause well, bacon and cheese. If I don't have that, then an English muffin and peanut butter. Sometimes a Chobani yogurt if I am still hungry mid morning.

For lunch... there are loads of things I eat, but they have to be able to be prepared for me to eat while at work. Some of them are a batch of edamame, chicken leftovers, roasted vegetables leftovers, a mini bagel sandwich (most likely ham or buffalo chicken), an avocado (usually guac style or just mixed with a lil ranch) with chips. Every so often, left over pizza... I LOVE pizza and could eat it everyday.

I think breakfast and lunch are easier for me is only since I have such a routine. That keeps me in check and not able to snack. If it's not brought into work, then I don't/can't eat it! This helps me tremendously. Also... I drink 10 glasses of water by the time I leave work, so it really cuts down on my snack time, lol!

enjoyyourpix and bestcee like this.
  3. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I usually have a combination of the following - not all of it, but I choose a couple and it usually satisfies me until dinner. These are things that are easy for me to pack for lunch on days I work...on my days home I will sometimes fry up an egg, or do a sandwich, or something.

cottage cheese
    hard-boiled egg
    small salad with dressing
    yogurt
    soup
    wheat thins with laughing cow cheese wedge
    grapes
    carrots
    grape tomatoes
    lunch meat (not on sandwich, just plain)
    cheese stick

jk703 likes this.
  4. Sharon Evans

Sharon Evans Well-Known Member

Corn thins spread with avocado - topped with sliced tomato and maybe some ham or hard boiled egg or grated cheese - lots of pepper - yum!

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'll have to try that.

I love pizza. LOVE IT! English muffin and peanut butter. I used to eat that, I think I just stopped buying the muffins. Sadly, I don't like yogurt. I've tried so many different brands, and types, even homemade. I just don't like the texture and feel of it.

This is a great list! I may have to print it out and keep it on my cupboard!

6. MandaKay

Courtney...I was totally averse to yogurt up until about a year ago...could NOT stand it...but I have grown to really like Fage yogurt cups - the 0% - the flavor to me is mild and it has fruit cup attached that I dip a bit of the yogurt in. I am sure you have tried it, but just thought I would throw it out there in case you haven't. It might be worth a try...it's the only one I can enjoy!

klee73010 likes this.
  7. MandaKay

Another lunch idea I have is steel cut oats with fruit! I know it is a breakfast, but here is my recipe for a batch of overnight oats - and it is 4 servings. So, I made it last night, and had one serving for breakfast this morning with my hubby, and then tomorrow - on my work day, I will take a serving in a bowl, and eat it for my lunch!

Overnight Steel Cut Oats
    1 Tbsp coconut oil
    1 cup steel cut oats (reg., not the quick cooking)
    3 cups water

Directions: in a medium saucepan (that has a lid that fits it nicely - it will come in handy later) melt the coconut oil for a few second, and then add in the cup of oats. Stir around the oats for about 2 minutes over the stove, and then add in the water. Bring this all to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat or just turn off the burner, and put a lid over the pan. Now you just leave it alone there all night, and in the morning you have some really great textured steel cut oats oatmeal. I add flaxseed meal, chia seeds, cinnamon, and a fruit of choice!

Hope this comes in handy for someone - I have really enjoyed having this go-to recipe. It is super easy, and in the morning or whenever you eat it, you just warm it up in the microwave (add a little water if needed), and put on your toppings and go! It is healthy, filling, and yum - especially in the cold season - it's a good warm me up!

8. bestcee

I have tried that one. Thanks for the suggestion! I go back and try yogurt every year or more often because I keep thinking I'll like it at some point! My son and husband adore yogurt, and just don't understand my aversion.

jesskab likes this.
  9. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

We have a crock pot overnight oatmeal recipe... and that is on my list for our next shopping trip/menu. Also banana almond oat muffins. I like to have those for a snack. But i need to be better with the portion control because I can easily eat way more than a serving size. :giggle

I promise I will link these up tomorrow when I'm on the computer. Tag me to remind me, around 12pm ET if I haven't yet. Lol!

10. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

I usually grill (George Foreman) up chicken breast for the week.
    Then I use it in these two things:
    1) Mason Jar salads
    2) Chicken, tomato, cucumber, avocado salad, tossed with lemon juice.

11. thewininghooker

thewininghooker New Member

My go to lunch is taco salad. Yummy!!!

bestcee likes this.
  12. bestcee

That's a good one!

13. thewininghooker

thewininghooker New Member

Super yummy and quick to throw together.

14. ambeej78

ambeej78 New Member

Just had a vegan meal courtesy of the healthy family meal ideas in http://www.Mealplans4thefamily.com/ which I rely for ideas to help me with my diet. I often have a weekly meal plan usually low calorie and vegan meals. I keep up with my ideal weight but I hate to say I had my cheat day yesterday eating chocolates. I hope I am able to help you.