Non-Digital Art Show Off Thread

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by jenevang, Jan 12, 2016.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

All art is inspiring! And I find inspiration for my digital scrapping and memory keeping everywhere. This is a place to show off your non-digital, non-hybrid artwork or creations. Art that would not get uploaded to our gallery...

Do you doodle? Hand-letter? Paint? Sculp? (is that a verb?) Knit?

Snap a photo and upload it here so we can see and appreciate! We are all growing in our art, whether it's all digital or hybrid or other.

[​IMG]

scrapsandsass and michelepixels like this.
  2. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

The verb is sculpt. :giggle
    I have nothing to show off but I do have some time off so maybe I will break my paints out. :)

klee73010 likes this.
  3. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

alice2-001.jpg
    ok, here's my lettering practice of the Alice in Wonderland quote from the MOC thread. I got some extra fine Pitt artist pens (the barrel says S - no idea) and I had to play with them!

4. jenevang

LOVE THIS SO MUCH, @grrfluudy ! Very cool! I need to post some of mine :)

grrfluudy likes this.
  5. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

Thanks Jen! And yes, you do!

6. HeyJude

HeyJude Professor of Digital Wizardry

Love this idea, Jen. :)

Fabulous lettering, Johanna - and a great choice of quote! I hope you have it hanging somewhere in your house.

Here is a pastel painting that I created last year:

[​IMG]

I applied a sketch filter to the photo and included it on this layout:

[​IMG]

7. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

A girl after my own heart. LOVE Alice quotes. This is a great job.

grrfluudy likes this.
  8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

The only non-digital art I have engaged in for about a decade is knitting and cross-stitch, but not much. I learned how to knit about 6 years ago and made a washcloth and strip kind of like a scarf that I used to cushion my DSLR in the purse I used then. I haven't knitted since and not sure I still know how. :oops:

I learned to cross-stitch almost 3 decades ago and have done many projects, and it's so easy, I'm sure I'll never forget how, but I haven't completed one in over 5 years. I have this project sitting on my desk that I started in 2011. Most of what is done I did in 2011. I thought that by keeping it on my desk where I sit every day it would remind me to do it, but it's not working. :shakehead I really would like to finish it though!

I made a scrapbook page about it last year :rollin
    [​IMG]

9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I've dabbled.... in wall stenciling, drawing, and painting...

I tried my hand at this.... and didn't like them, lol! Only because they didn't match the color I needed. Sorry if they are big... I copied them from my FB, lol!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

What about written art?

I write poetry. I've been featured in a few online magazines, and had the pleasure of writing in an art exhibit last year where artists with poets and we wrote a piece inspired by the artist work. I also have 2 published poetry collections. I also have been creating digital prints of my poetry for friends and family as gifts.

I won't post links, because I always feel like I'm advertising...lol
    unless of course you all want links.

11. jenevang

OMGosh... this is stunning! I super big love it!

I used to cross stitch... years ago. And really enjoyed it! I would love to pick up some kind of knitting or crochet. I think @Karen is a whiz at that kind of thing...

OK, seriously Jenn @jk703 , this is GORGEOUS. You better have this on your wall at home! I would love to do something like this. Love.Love.Love.

YES, please post your work! The only caveat is that you can't post links to other stores. For example, it wouldn't be appropriate to "sell" your work here, or link to a site that sells your work, BUT any personal blogs/sites that highlight your work would be great! Or a photo of your mag entry, or a digital print that you mentioned... we'd love to see them.

Frumpje, grrfluudy and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  12. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

You guys are SO talented!!

13. jk703

LOL @jenevang .... Thank you! Though it's actually on the floor leaning on the wall. It totally doesn't match, and I'm hesitant to hang it. I have 3 together.... that would look nice, but they all have the same colors. Different design. I don't know what to do with them!

[​IMG]

14. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well... whiz would be going REALLY too far. I do like to crochet and can do bunches of different stitches with that and stuff, but knitting and I.....Oooh I want to get to the point where I feel comfortable doing it and I keep trying, but we just don't get along! Lol! The problem is, I really love the look of the finished knit projects more, but I enjoy crochet more, so... hmph.

16. Karen

Here's my latest crochet project that I'm ALMOST done with... but MOC happened so....

[​IMG]

I just have to finish the border. I'm up to the yellow flower bobbles.
    [​IMG]

This is all from a CAL (Crochet A-Long) that I found HERE.

17. jenevang

Told you @Karen was awesome! That is GORGEOUS. And way out of my league. #impressed

Karen likes this.
  18. Karen

Seriously it's not out of anyone's league! Click through and look at the fantastic pattern and instructions. This wonderful blogger post instructions each week for the next few rounds and took awesome detailed pictures of each and every step. It was so easy to do with her step by step instructions. There was another lady that even did a video for each week for people who couldn't do it by the pictures. All I did was follow along! :)

Frumpje likes this.
  19. jk703

That is so beautiful! I remember when you started, I think... and I loved it and the colors!

Karen likes this.
  20. WendyBird

WendyBird Active Member

@Karen your Sophie turned out gorgeous! Mine is hibernating at about part 8. I had to put it down when the weather turned warm last year and it was making me overheat having it on my lap! Unfortunately I haven't picked it back up this year. I need to finish the poncho I'm making and get back to Sophie!