Help me understand planners

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by JentheRN, Jan 9, 2016.

1. JentheRN

JentheRN Active Member

During my scrapping hiatus apparently a new product was born, and I want to play with them!

But I need help. Maybe I'm super dense, but I just don't get it. All these special sizes. I went to Michaels today and they had the happy something ones. I didn't care for that with the bulky rings. They also had some clearance inserts that fit Pl 6x8 binders. I like that size. I picked them up. Then I checked all the files here and it seems like 6x8 is not a standard planner size? But darn it I like that size!

Ok so tell me what I need. Talk down to me if you have to. I want one with a ring binder. I'm not planning on actually keeping my calendar on it. This will be more of a decorated brief journal and, well, memory planner.

2. MelanieB

MelanieB Well-Known Member

Well, I can't really help much because I don't have a planner, but I can tell you that the A5 size that some of the designers here make will fit a 6x8 binder. (I'm a 6x8 pocket scrapbooker!) The A5 size is 5.75 x 8.25. I've been playing around with Valorie Wibbens' Lola Planner Kit to see how it fits into my binder & I was able to resize the pages to 6x8 (1800 x 2400 pixels) with no noticeable difference!

Also, I know that Just Jaimee makes planner A5 planner inserts as well.

That's all I know! I'm sure some of the planner peeps will be along soon with more info!

lorryfach and JentheRN like this.
  3. JentheRN

JentheRN Active Member

That's another thing. 6x8 pocket scrapping. That didn't exist either and I'm totally into it. This hobby is going to bankrupt me.

4. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I put some A5s in a 6x8 binder for my kids. It definitely works. :)
    And yes 6x8 pocket is way too much fun as well!

MelanieB and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Hello, I'm Kristina, and I'm a (new) planner addict. It's been 15 minutes since I stared at my planner wishing I had more time to play with it (by play, I mean staring at the blank pages because I'm too chicken to write anything in it, for fear of making the pretty pages ugly).
    Ha. Okay. Anyway.
    Just Jaimee just released a whole bunch of 6x8 templates for thor that lIke to scrap in that size. I find it fairly easy to make my own template, so that any size I want, I can make it work. What I've done for my planner is to scan in my planner pages and make my own templates.

You know you want 6x8 size and ring bound. The snap/simple stories brand that fits that size/specifications is the Carpe Diem planner. So if you Google Carpe diem planner and /or planner accessories, that would be about what you're looking for. There are hundreds and hundreds of YouTube videos, blogs, pinterest boards about personalizing your planner in any way you choose... it's all about what you want to have in it, how you want it set up.

But there are tons of resources, you just have to have a direction and focus for searching. Start with the Carpe Diem inserts and ideas, and see if that helps give you a picture of what you want/need from this new thing :)

JentheRN likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hi, I'm Courtney and I'm a planner enabler! :happydance2

What kind of decorations do you want to add to your planner?

Practical and Pretty?
    [​IMG]

I'm sure you need these so you don't miss happenings!
    [​IMG]

Or perhaps you are looking for more story telling type things?
    [​IMG]

Do you have a cutting machine? Or are you cutting my hand? Or are you creating it and then printing it to fill the full page?

I'm so sorry if I overwhelmed you! I just want everyone to have planner peace :hammock

7. JentheRN

JentheRN Active Member

Thanks! I will look into the Cape diem. I downloaded some blank day of the week templates and I was going to just do it myself. I'm a do it myself kinda girl, but if I can get it it done for me how I want without costing too much, I'm all over it. Right now I'm looking at maybe making my own pages on 8.5x11 and just slicing them down the middle. I like the 6x8 size, but 8.5x5.5 would be less cutting.

onaponakookt and klee73010 like this.
  8. JentheRN

JentheRN Active Member

LOL love it. I'm not up to decorations yet. I still need a planner!

I don't have a cutter, though I might start saving for one. I like stickers. Beautiful beautiful sheets of stickers printed on my amazing printer would make me happy.

Frumpje, bestcee and klee73010 like this.
  9. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?

klee73010 likes this.
  10. klee73010

Seriously. I just warmed up to writing in PEN in my planner, and the very first thing I write, plans that have since been postponed. Ugh! !! I'll have to put a sticker to cover it up I think.

11. lorryfach

Cross it off. Don't stress about it. Changed plans are a part of life and a part of the memories. :)

AllisonPennington and klee73010 like this.
  12. klee73010

@lorryfach I'm not there yet :(
    However, the plans didn't have to be postponed after all, so I'm okay again. Next time.I'm going to be a little less crazy.... i promise. Lol!

lorryfach likes this.
  13. bestcee

This is why I use Frixion erasable pens. Never on my scrapbook pages, because high heat can make it disappear. But ALWAYS in my planner. Dinner changes? Arrow if I'm lazy, erase and rewrite if I'm not. I love them so much, I asked for a set of multi colors for Christmas.

Frumpje and klee73010 like this.
  14. klee73010

@bestcee I haven't yet seen the frixion pens at the stores I've visited since hearing about them. I suppose I will have to make a special trip to staples or look on amazon. I keep forgetting to check. Lazy.... lol
    I have repeatedly looked at Staedtler fineliners, however, and those would not solve my problem. Lol

For dinners, I use post it notes, if they make it to my planner at all. Because we change our minds like underwear here about that. Lol!

bestcee likes this.
  15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Great. Something else I **need** to buy. LOL

patsyt, klee73010 and bestcee like this.
  16. lorryfach

I am a Frixion user, too, although I do sometimes still cross things out. I have four colors - one for each member of the family. #soorganized

patsyt and klee73010 like this.
  17. bestcee

@klee73010 mine came from amazon. The first set I bought was a 3 pack from target. But i got more color options on amazon!

klee73010 likes this.
  18. klee73010

I put a multi color pack on my amazon wishlist. I have a gift card burning a whole in my wallet...

bestcee likes this.
  19. kyky

kyky Here, kitty kitty

I want to play, too :D :D

20. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

I just bought a silhouette portrait of 190 euro's to pimp my planner of 23 euro's... ;-)
    But hey... you never know where is can be good for...

and to justify my 'buying need', I made these:
    [​IMG]
    lalalalalalala ;-)

patsyt, Lindzee, JentheRN and 3 others like this.