Double Sided Printing Question

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by Toria, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Toria

Toria Active Member

Hi!! I just printed my first layout!! I did it double sided (with a plain-isa back so I could write on it.) My printer auto duplexes, and when it came out, it was slightly off.. maybe a 1/4"?

(i.e. the front 6x8 layout was not matched with the back 6x8 layout)

Is there a setting I need to tweak?

I saved my layout in a 2 page pdf and printed it from there.

2. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

A lot of it has to do with if your printer prints straight. Many printers don't print straight. Typically the print will be off just a tad because of the way it is pulled into the printer. I've never been able to get my layouts to print perfectly back to back. I avoid printing back to back because of this.

WendyBird likes this.
  3. WendyBird

WendyBird Active Member

I agree with Jewelle - the printer I have right now is the best I've ever had as far as printing straight, but it doesn't duplex automatically, I have to refeed the paper.

4. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I printed mine back to back, but I have to go back to figure out what I did exactly....

I think it was an A5 size printable, which I took the jpg file and placed it into a word document. I then centered it within my US letter size paper. Then I duplicated the page, so I had one word document with two pages, and then print double sided. The pages lined up, but I had to cut them out for my Happy Planner. The cutting on the pages to be the correct size took a few more tries, as well as getting the levenger hole punch lined up correctly.

I did this same process with the grid paper...

The end result, however, is that I have Just Jaimee's happy planner and story planner foundation inserts happily two sided in my planner.

5. good2Bqueen

good2Bqueen New Member

I am trying to print out my own personal sized planner pages that I am going to bind with the GBC at my office. I just need something thin and tiny to keep in my purse. I got exactly what I needed last year at the Dollar Spot in Target. No luck this year. Found something that would work, but at $16 for not even my main calendar, I expect more than "suffice".

So, I created a generic 3 1/2" x 7" LO and then just changed the dates and a quote at the top of each page. I then created a three-up on an 8 1/2" x 11". It took FOREVER!! The problem is, I wasn't thinking about the double sided thing, so I didn't place them in any particular spot on each sheet. I guess I'll just print a generic paper on the back side and use it for bullet style lists and freestyle notes.

But in the future.....does any one have any pointers for lining up the fronts and backs of LOs when you are printing multiples on a page using Photoshop products? I do not have a Silhouette or Cricut Explore and I do not have Microsoft Word.

6. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

The easiest thing to do is to center everything on the page horizontally. The center of the front is the same as the center of the back. Make your canvas 8.5 x 11, put 3 pages on it, and line them up the middle like this.
    *IF* your printer can print straight, it will line up.

Of course, you will have to think about what goes on the back of what before you print!

7. good2Bqueen

good2Bqueen New Member

Ah-ha! I just re-read klee73010's post right above mine and now I realize she was using the center function in Word. Duh! Thank you, Lorry, for explaining it to me.

bestcee and lorryfach like this.