Creative Traveler

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by Digi-Scrap, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Digi-Scrap

Digi-Scrap Member

I'm creative @ most things I set my mind to do. Being creative comes naturally for me, I enjoy taking part in challenges & jumping hurdles, in regards to learning new things: I learn visually & I also learn by hands on. I also create own designs in my head regading cellphone holders, & have things in my head, I still have yet to create, like a framed window, with slidding curtains, etc.......!!
    I lay out pictures on an 11x17 piece of paper, edge to edge. When there is an open space, I add some decorative element & this is how I got into scrapbooking & then digital scrapbooking, as my SIL introduced me into Stampin' Up. I'd get my 11x17 layout color copied & then I'd have them (the copy Shop) laminate the copy & sometimes I'd do a double sided facemate. I have a bunch of them to decorate the table with & then when having company over, it turns into an awesome conversation piece @ the table. Then we pass the facemats around, as it gets their curiosity up & they want to see more.
    I love to do Digi-Scrap & to create cards & I have Jewelry & Sewing/Quilt classes that I take on Mondays. I'm a homemaker to my wonderful husband who is a trucker, he is OTR 2-3 wks @ a time & he is a wonderful cook & we love to travel & have traveled to various places below:
    Europe: Germany & Switzerland & Australia & Italy & Brittian: England & Scotland. Asia: S. Korea

I was born in & lived in Delaware for a few years, & Scotland for a few years where my twin brothers were born (they died @ Birth) & my sister was born there, then we moved to Sacramento & raised most of my life in Grizzly Flats, California & lived in Marquette/Harvey Michigan & lived in various area's of San Diego, California & also in Grass Valley & Vermont & I presently live in Arizona & love it here & have lived her for 6 yrs now. I'm married to a wonderful husband by the name of Shawn, & medically speaking can't have children & have a wonderful dog by the name of Sara. Being a homemaker, allows me plenty of time to play on the computer!!

Cath_, Lindzee, bestcee and 1 other person like this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

A hearty welcome to you!! I am just in awe of your creative and traveling history...please enjoy, have fun jump into the challenges and be bold and creative!

Digi-Scrap and MrsPeel like this.
  3. Digi-Scrap

Digi-Scrap Member

Sounds good. I have some old Scrap kits from Kristin Algard, may I use them to get started with?

Sara and MrsPeel like this.
  4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hello Cindy!!!!! How amazing your life is!!!!! LOVE that you make so much stuff...I can imagine the place mats...I would love to visit you!!!!! so glad you found us, The Lilypad is a wonderful community with so many people that go beyond the just sharing the scrapping hobby..... is a delightful place to be!

I am (well, not so much these days as I'm in poor health) also a traveler.... have lived in many countries, and many cities within in both Brazil & Argentina, plus lived in many cities in Spain, some time in Italy and a short while in France, I was a performer so traveled a lot all over Europe too......I am Brazilian but was born in Argentina, so grew up with both cultures and languages, but have been in London (England) for now 25 years or so.... and my daughter's name is Sarah (though we call her Sarita, she went through all her schooling registered as Sarita!) so we have many things in common :)

Looking forward to getting to know you better and seeing your pages!!!!
    Let us know if anything at all we can help you with, welcome to The Lilypad's family!!!!!:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

Lindzee and Digi-Scrap like this.
  5. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

check in the store if she has them here... plus there is a section with freebies, so it can help you get started, also we have SOSN (Something Old, Something New) every Wednesday with Half Price kits, both old & new... that should help you, plus there are many offers and new releases on Friday are 20% off all weekend!!
    You can look up the designer's newsletters so you can also get deals, discounts and freebies from the designers , and participate in their blog challenges will get you the chance of winning gift certificates :)

Digi-Scrap and jenn mccabe like this.
  6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

To answer your question: for the MOC (month of challenges) the pages have to be 75% current TLP product in the store. templates are 15% -
    for the regular gallery posting - the gallery rule is 50% TLP (can be retired or freebies as well as current TLP)

and a big Welcome to you!!! - can't wait to see your creativity fill up the gallery!

Digi-Scrap likes this.
  7. Digi-Scrap

Digi-Scrap Member

Thx4the welcomes.

Yes: Cynthia, we ought to do more talking. My real name is Cynthia & that is why I spell my nickname Cyndi. My dogs real name is Sara & her stage name is Seri'Ane!!

:)

Well.......I think it is the same person I've been thinking of, so I'll have to look into it more. Someone mentioned, I could get started with some freebies? Where may I find them? Searching the site in the meantime!!

8. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

9. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

You can find the freebies right here
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Free-Products/

Welcome to TLP!! Glad you made your way here.

Digi-Scrap likes this.
  10. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Welcome to The Pad. Looks like you probably have a ton of cool photos to scrap. Looking forward to seeing your art!

Digi-Scrap likes this.
  11. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Nice to "meet" you, Cyndi! I can't wait to see what you add to your gallery. :)

Digi-Scrap likes this.
  12. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Nice to meet you! welcome to our lovely group! can't wait to get to know you better! and see all your amazing creations

Digi-Scrap likes this.
  13. Digi-Scrap

Digi-Scrap Member

Thx everyone. Not all travel pictures are available do to various things happening to them. My camera when in England turned up missing. I lost some pictures due to past computer crashes. I have some pictures in Korea, that I can scan into the computer.

14. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Welcome Cyndi, I love your place mat idea! I was fortunate enough to be involved with a Stamping Up group before I moved to Kansas, we met monthly to make cards. It was great to always have them on hand for various occasions and their products are incredible! I also made jewelry. You are in such a great place now for that hobby. I used to haunt the bead shops whenever we'd travel and the stuff I saw in Arizona was some of my absolute favorite, all that gorgeous turquoise and silver!

Digi-Scrap likes this.
  15. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Welcome to the Pad Cyndi!

16. Digi-Scrap

Digi-Scrap Member

Thx everyone for the welcomes thus far. Thx Nancy, sounds like I'm in good company!!

17. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Aahhhh a fellow dog lover! Great to read all about you and a very warm welcome :)

18. Digi-Scrap

Digi-Scrap Member

4sure: SeriAne is the perfect dog. I should write a long story abt her., for she is one unique dog & so funny to boot: L.O.L.

19. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Welcome! I love your idea of the placemats! That's so creative and neat. Do you ever ride with your husband in the truck when he goes on runs? I've traveled a lot on I-80 and I-70 and always thought a being in a semi truck would be interesting.

20. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured