Question -- Watched Categories in Gallery

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by familyhistoryscrapper, Jan 4, 2016.

1. familyhistoryscrapper

familyhistoryscrapper Once upon a time there was this dragon ...

So I have a quick question...

Everytime I upload a page to the gallery I end up 'watching' the member gallery and getting tons and tons of notifications about every page that gets uploaded. I figured out I can unwatch the category after I upload but is there some way to have the gallery STOP making me watch the member gallery everytime I upload a page? I forget sometimes to go in and click unwatch after I upload and then I log on and have 100s of alerts and it's hard to filter the ones that are actually relevant to me.

2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

In your preferences (NOT alert preferences) (click your user name at the top of the forum) there are options for watching items. If you uncheck the first 4 boxes, it will keep you from getting alerts for everything you comment on. You will then need to individually watch the things you DO want to watch (for example your own layouts)

4. mrs2a50

5. catschwartz

catschwartz Active Member

I am glad to get more information on not getting alerts! I got a TON of them!! Is there any way to just get an alert or email when someone comments on a layout you have posted? I don't want to get alerts on any layouts posted in the same category. That is just too many!

6. catschwartz

Also, is there any way to unwatch a category? I posted a layout under Bella Gypsy and now I get a ton of alerts whenever anyone posts a layout under that category. I think i have updated my preferences, but I am still getting alerts and also alerts for one of the layouts I posted a comment on.
    Thanks for your help!

7. Crafty Kacy

Crafty Kacy Shoo, fly!

I had this too when I uploaded to the members' gallery. I found that if you navigate to members' gallery (or wherever you uploaded to) there is an option top right to "unwatch" it. That has worked for me. Now I just need to see whether it automatically starts watching again when I upload my next layout, but I have unchecked the first 4 boxes in preferences, as per Julie's post above, so hopefully not!

8. mrs2a50

Alerts for gallery comments can be controlled in the gallery with the Watch Media tabs toward the top. when you post your own layout you can choose to watch it through the tabs at the top after you've uploaded it.

To unwatch a category, click on Watched Media and uncheck the box for whatever category you no longer want to watch.

9. mrs2a50

If you have unchecked those boxes, it should keep you from watching anything new. However, you will need to go into the Watched Media area and UNCHECK all of the layouts you've previously commented on, so that you don't continue to get alerts on those.

10. familyhistoryscrapper

familyhistoryscrapper Once upon a time there was this dragon ...

11. catschwartz

Thank you! i will give it a try.

12. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

I had figured out how to do this too. I had over 300 alerts one day after I had already been on once that morning and emptied it. LOL I'm so glad we are rocking here but wow I felt way more important then I wanted to feel. Ha ha ha

Karen likes this.
  13. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

You do not have to watch your own LOs to get alerts. Under Alert Preferences, you can set to get alerts on your own media WITHOUT watching anything.