C25K

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by bderby, Nov 4, 2015.

1. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

2. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Sit here on the couch with me! Just for a minute!
    [​IMG]

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I started this with Bianca (just turned 9) and we had to stop. OMG, the fights, I couldn't handle it any more. She was whining all through it out! She doesn't know how to run or pace herself, but will not listen to advice from us. Maybe next year. I ran a 5K at CF and now I know I can run it and I don't see the reasoning behind running any others. LOL!!!! Plus, my doc pulled me away from running, dumb back.

4. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

so... i think this thread worked!!! big thank you to becky .... just coming in here and admitting how lazy i have been was the trick/motivation i needed to finally move again. i had been feeling guilty but nothing seemed to work. well ... i did a walk/run on the Appalachian Trail on Sunday with the husband. and i just got back from a 4.5 mile run by myself. i hope this continues ... at least until the temps get too cold.

6. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

*thumbs-up*
    Tomorrow is my second 4 mile, and I'm not sure if I'm excited or dreading it. Lol!

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

So proud of both of you!

8. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I tried the C25K app a few years ago, but had a hard time getting motivated to go out by myself. I already do cross fit, but I really wanted to run to increase endurance. I finally joined a group USA Fit, and also, we have the most awesome MMRT (moms run this town...but it's not exclusive...you don't have to be a mom) group here in our area. It's super active and there are several events for runs daily. There are quite a few C25K groups going too. I ended up trying the Galloway method (intervals), and I've just stuck to mostly doing that this year. I mainly do a 30/30, which is 30 sec run, 30 sec walk. I'm up to 8 miles (last week..will do 9 miles tomorrow). I'm slow....like really really really slow, but I'm out there moving, and I love it. It really has helped me with injuries doing it this way this year. I'm signed up to do Surf City Half in February, but I'll do lots of virtual 5K's before then. There are a few to look into if anyone is interested.
    https://www.flexitpink.com has virtual runs that they do throughout the year, and they donate to charities, and then the one I'm doing in December is https://www.goneforarun.com/elf-on-the-run-virtual-5k/tr-22184.html We have a group, we'll all go out together, dress up, and have hot toddy's after. This kind of fun running is all new to me, but it's so fun!!! You can walk, run or crawl...so virtual races are good for everyone. When there's a charity involved, it makes it even better!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015