C25K

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by bderby, Nov 4, 2015.

1. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

Our school is doing a 5k run to raise money for mission trips next Saturday and my son (9 years old) wanted to do it with me, so we have been doing a Couch 2 5K program. It is kind of kicking my tail, but we have made it to the middle of week 6 and I haven't given up yet. I don't know whether to be slightly embarrassed that I run about the same pace that my 9 year runs, but honestly, it is the most consistent exercise that I have had in years, so I am thankful. We got a late start, so I doubt we will be able run the whole thing, but we plan to come close.

I am using the C25K app on my phone, but also just downloaded MapMyRun so that I could track our distances as well. Any other suggestions for me? Anyone else doing a C25K program?

2. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

Also, Bart Loves to run:

[​IMG]

3. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

Kiss for Bart!

No advice re: running or exercise though :)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  4. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I just finished C25k app, Monday, actually. Moving on to the 10K program today, if I actually go. (It's rainy here today) I push the double stroller and take my kids to day care before I log in to work. :)
    My most consistent exercise, too. I've gone running 3 days a week (mostly) for 6 weeks straight. :)

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

About a year ago a friend of mine and I did the exact same thing using the same two apps. :) Good for you getting out there and I think it's so cool to do it with your son. And just so you know, I am more impressed, not less, that you can keep up with your 9 year old. They have endless energy! :)

6. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

Well done! I did C25K over the spring/summer and then promptly broke my foot.. :( Don't feel bad about not running the entire time.. I think the only time I ran the full workout was on the last day. Something is better than nothing, though, so don't fret there.. :) I used a built-in app on my phone called S Health - only available on Samsungs - to track my miles, but it also has a training program that I'm just starting up now that I have permission to run again.. If you have access I'd suggest that because everything is contained in one app rather than two. Good luck!

7. klee73010

I wish S health didn't drain my battery so bad... and also that it would sync with my work program (I get insurance incentives through my employer for logging healthy activities). I use Map my Fitness for any exercising I do... when I start my runs in the morning, I'm using 3 apps.... one for music, one for run trainer, and one for tracking distance. Ridiculous! Lol

8. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

Boo.. sorry about the battery, Kristina.. I haven't noticed that with mine.. :( But yay for work incentives!

9. klee73010

True story. :)

10. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i tried it many years ago but the first week was so boring i couldn't stay interested. (and i am a slow runner too ... like very slow ... i bet your 9 yr old could speed walk faster than my run)... but the lack of exercise i do now ... i should just try it again to do something. i have been very lame about getting up and moving at all. i didn't do any running this last year ... but the last app i think i used was Runtastic.

good luck to the two of you ... i think its awesome that you guys are doing it together. maybe some of your motivation will rub off on my lazy butt!

[​IMG]

11. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

12. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Good on you Becky!!!! Every step you take, you are lapping people on the couch, no matter what speed you are going!!

[​IMG]

13. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

A kiss for Bart!

I'm impressed! I tried running once with this podcast-ish something but I failed in the second week.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  14. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I seriously do walk faster than I run...my kids laugh so hard at this phenomenon

15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

me too! it's like there's lead in my shoes. oh and still haven't gotten my bum off the couch! so lazy!
    [​IMG]

16. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

17. NicoleLeBlanc

NicoleLeBlanc Don't make me call your mother! Oh, wait ...

I do C25K and LOVE it! I am now doing the 30 minute run straight thru. Such a great feeling to make it through to the end. Now I run the 30 minutes every other day! I'm trying to beat my (very slow) time. I love it! Such a stress relief!

18. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Bart just got off the couch :giggle

[​IMG]

19. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

20. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Bart's tongue is wagging. I think he needs to have a quick rest on the couch.
    [​IMG]