Any baseball fans here?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Oct 28, 2015.

1. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I thought of you, Laura!! I am a Cardinals fan, so I have been bummed for a few weeks. But....I did try to catch some of the World Series games and that last one was all kinds of craziness. What a fun way to win for KC and such a heartbreaker for NY!!

2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

We actually went to the celebration today at Union Station. I've never seen anything like it. They were expecting around 200,000 people and the last report I heard was that 800,000 came. I think that was mostly because school was cancelled all over the metro today, as a Royal Blue "Snow" day. So, everyone came! As a result, the entire technology grid crashed in KC. There was no cell service, internet, etc for more than 5 hours today. Just an insane amount of people who must have all been trying to post selfies! LOL But, wow... we love our Royals. Very cool day for the entire city!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  3. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

Oh my goodness!! My husband's cousin and family lives there and I saw that 800,000 number in their post on Facebook--that is amazing. They managed to be right up by the parade and had a great time!! I would have been happy for a Blue Snow Day--I could totally support that.

4. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

5. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

kissed the center frog

6. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

And here is a left frog
    [​IMG]

7. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

kissed a dsd frog