Are You playing along in the July Challenges?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Pallavi01, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

I love challenges! There's no better way to get the creative juices flowing! Therefore I loved playing along in the challenges and have already completed my 7! yayyyy! :)

My favorite this month has been the random challenge. It initially had be stumped as I don't usually journal song lyrics on my pages! But then when I got into it...I ended up loving the idea and scrapped not one ...but TWO pages with song lyrics! lol :)

Haw many have you played so far? Which 'one' (and only one) is your favorite? Which one has you stumped? :)

2. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the monthly challenges here at The Lilypad. I have completed all 7 each month since I adopted TLP as my home base last August (2014).

I, too, was stuck on the Random challenge this month. I usually don't think of songs as inspiration. It was a hand-lettering painting on Pinterest that I knew I wanted to lift digitally and the house made me think of an empty home and Bill Wither's song came to mind. I had to come up with a different feel for the page than the original inspiration. It was really challenging to emulate the hand-lettering since I don't have a tablet. I really dug into my alpha stash for it. I drew the hill and divisions with the mouse.

[​IMG]

Here is the inspiration:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Love the TLP monthly challenges SO MUCH!

Have to go check out your pages Pallavi. I LOVED your page Diane! After missing out on June's challenges bc of no time to scrap, I was eager to play along in July ... I think I have 5 or so done so far. Are you guys liking the mix up with a few new challenges thrown in the mix each month???? :)

4. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

I'd have to say the Journalling challenge was my favourite this month. The magic moment prompt was just the kick start i needed.

5. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

Eep! Halfway through the month and I haven't started yet! Typical of me, I always do things at the last minute. I have done all the challenges since I joined In April, so I am sure I will this month!

It's all stewing away in my mind, and I keep checking the blog post to remind myself of the challenges and have a think on what photos to use...that's always my starting point :)

6. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I originally groaned at the random challenge, but then when I saw Amy's BYOC I knew exactly what to do and I really love how it turned out. Just what I needed to finally scrap this old pic of my pepaw.
    [​IMG]

7. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

great pages ladies, I am a challenge lover and always do all 7 each month...they really make me step out of my safe little box.

8. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I always do all the challenges. Love it love it. I feel like Diane. Lilypad is my home.

9. Pallavi01

Diane! This is absolutely gorgeous work! Love your inspiration and you totally rocked your lift! your hard work shoes!!

10. Pallavi01

Here are my pages Jenn -

I was also inspired by the Stars in Amy's new template set and Disney's When you wish upon a star was perfect for this page :)

[​IMG]

Next is this layout I made for my upcoming 9th anniversary. This song is one of my current favorite Indian song..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  11. Pallavi01

This is gorgeous Lorry! what a perfect song you picked! and right around 4th of july too! :)

12. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Love your layouts!! I did all the challenges last month and I'm feeling stuck right now! I haven't done ANY!!! :( I'm looking through the list trying to feel inspired. I have a brand new (soon to be released kit) from ForeverJoy open right now and I'm visually touching and feeling everything to see what I'm going to make. I do love challenges because they limit my choices a little and make it easier for me to get started.

13. Pallavi01

Feeling stuck is never fun! I can tell u what I do when I want to play in the challenges but I m just not in the zone .... I just go through the challenge thread - pick up the challenge which seems the easiest at the time ... And see how other scrappers have approached the challenge . There's so much talent here that something or the other clicks and I come away getting inspired :) ( hope this helps - don't tell my lil secret to anyone though! Lol )

14. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I do this, too. Oops, didn't know it was a secret though.