How often....?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by klee73010, May 3, 2015.

1. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I wish I could organize other people's stashes for money. Seriously. I'd love it.

2. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I thought I was going to be a kit scrapper- I really did! And then during MOC I found that I felt really limited just sticking to one kit, and that kickstarted a whole new organization system for my LilyPad purchases. I like having LOTS of options to choose from in terms of paper and elements, so I don't buy kits any more unless they are part of a bigger collaboration, like BYOC, M3, MPM, or Jaimee's Storyteller. When I do make those purchases, I keep all of the coordinating parts together in the same folder, so I have separate folders for the May BYOC, May MPM, etc. Before that, I was sorting by designer and then by kit, and it took FOREVER to find what I was looking for!

So, that being said, I will totally use those bigger collaborations more than once. MPM gets used for all of my PL pages for the month (so that's at least 4 2-page layouts since I do weekly). I will use whichever BYOC best coordinates with the photos I want to use, etc., no matter if I've used it before or not.

Knowing this has actually cut down on a lot of random shopping. For instance, during the sales this weekend I targeted my purchases at pieces of BYOCs that were released before I got into digi, so when it's time to use them I'll have a bunch of stuff that coordinates.

3. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

So smart! Yes, I need to think twice before I keep doing that.

4. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I just love you, Lorry! :)

I don't think I will ever be at the point where I've used every kit once. I have way too many things that I've never used, and that is the hard part about digi scrapping... new things every week! I love to mix & match from kits when I get a chance. I am a terrible hoarder. Like really bad. Art supplies, digital scrap supplies, books/journals and online classes. I buy stuff and am so excited, and then I totally forget what I have. I'm trying to get better though. I don't buy duplicates anymore :giggle I didn't really buy much NSD. I tried to be proud of that, but really I just had most everything from my fave designers. But my favorite pages have usually been when I've done something with a bunch of different kits (like during MOC).

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I'm so so glad it's not just me!!! Lol

6. NotAVampireLvr

NotAVampireLvr New Member

I like to mix and match kits. I try to do one layout using mostly the kit, but especially since coming to TLP I try to mix it up quite a bit. The beauty of TLP is that nothing I buy is rarely the same. Designers here are really great about not duplicating elements within a kit. I'm sure I have plenty of the same flowers spread out across kits and stuff but that is really rare here. :)

7. lizj

lizj Active Member

I am another one with a "need to use this" tag and I find it really influences me to take a second look at everything I download. I am not much of a kit scrapper so I rely heavily on tagging to be able to find stuff to go together. So I might end up using bits and pieces of a kit in one page and then completely different bits from the same kit on another page. Love that!

8. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I love the search button....I seriously...will want a button, and go to my The Lily Pad folder and search button...and just go thru everyone...I use every kit I get at least once...and usually 3 or 4 times. I make 100s of pages every year!

9. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Really? Let me think about this... How much money?

10. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I have my favorite kits I use over and over again.. but most kits I use once forget about it for awhile and go back months later and use it again..*L*
    I also like to mix and match pieces from kits with others.. so everything gets used LOTS!

11. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

First I'd have to figure out how it would actually work. How would I access someone else's stash, would I be able to do it quickly enough before they go buy a bunch more stuff, etc. I've actually been tossing it around in my head for a while but I can't think of a way for it to work reasonably.