How often....?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by klee73010, May 3, 2015.

1. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

How often do you use the same kit? Do you just make one page, or do you make many with the same kit?

I am a kit scrapper.... so I suppose this question applies to those types of scrappers!

I find, if I go back and look at my pages.... I really only use a kit for one page most of the time. I know they could be used for soooooo much more. :/

2. shaynesgirl

shaynesgirl All I need is a pink Corvette!

I challenge myself to do at least 1 page per kit. However, I have been known to get 4 or 5 out of one. I'll also go back and pull some elements or a specific pattern to add in to another layout later if I particularly love it.

3. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

I mix and match a lot, so I will reuse parts of a kit many, many times. If I'm doing a vacation album I'll stick to the same few kits and use them throughout the whole thing.

4. klee73010

I don't even do that a lot of the time.... i've found I buy stuff just to buy stuff....

5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I've used most once, and then I'd say at least 50% for the second page of a double, or a second single page.

6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I started this way... and couldn't keep up with my downloads file.... so eventually, I loaded my cart up, but got used to really whittling it down.

7. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I like to try and get more than one page from a kit. It doesn't always happen, but I have some favorites that I just keep going back to. I'm like Lori and will mix and match a lot so I will pull elements from different kits to create a new look. That is a great way to get more use out of products in your stash.

Also, sometimes I will download new purchases into a folder called "NOT YET USED" and not file it into my regular system until I have used it - Just serves as a good reminder that I have goodies available to play with and may not need to buy anymore at the moment. Also helps me not end up with a lot of kits that never get used.

8. klee73010

"Not yet used".... most of my hard drive would be there! Lol!!!!!
    I am trying to be more conscientious about this, and dug into my new stuff for everything I've done this weekend :D

9. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

In ACDSee, I've started giving unused kits a check mark tag; I can pull up all unused kits for a specific shop by my tags. I'm going to have a LOT of them after this week-end. I bought a TON of stuff, mostly from TLP but a few from another shop.

10. wendy85

wendy85 Guest

I always scrap at least 1 pages per buyed kit, after than most of the time i mix different kits with eachother.
    It is always a big suprise how pages turn out when they are with mixed kits

[​IMG]

11. zippyoh

zippyoh Well-Known Member

12. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Sometimes I do that too. I like the colors or think I'll use it for something... But I try to be disciplined and go back and use it ...

13. zippyoh

zippyoh Well-Known Member

I'm mostly a kit scrapper too. I try to get a couple LO from a kit. But I have a little bit of a hoarding problem too. I have a lot of kits I haven't used yet!

14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I'm a mixer and matcher plus a broke student so I try and use my stash way more than once

15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i like to mix and match, but i am horrible at tagging stuff and often tend to be lazy about going back to older kits bc it is hard to find what i want. i deft'ly try to use kits more than once though.

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I use almost everything at least once. My favorites I will use mixed and matched with other new things over and over again.... if i can remember that I own them. :giggle

17. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

:giggle

18. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I use color labels in Lightroom for the previews. Red for "virgin" up through purple "used to death". :giggle Most get used at least a couple times, except templates are often only used once. Depends on the template, I guess. I used to be a kit scrapper, but since getting a Credit Tracker script, I have been a big mix 'n' matcher.

19. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Lorry your sooo organized! I'm green with envy.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  20. klee73010

I must must must get better at this.