6X8 textured cardstock?

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by ashleywb, Feb 27, 2015.

1. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Does anyone know if you can buy white textured card stock in a 6x8 size? I saw some at Michaels today by Recollections but it was really smooth and I would rather have textured. On line I have found just about every other size available - but since 6X8 is becoming more popular, surely someone sells it??

2. MelanieB

MelanieB Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about this as well! I saw a layout by Celine Navarro where she printed her photo on textured card stock and ever since then this has been on my mind.

Are you thinking of using it for a hybrid layout? I was thinking of using it to print out photos & cards for my PL.

3. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I'm thinking of doing a hybrid or maybe just paper (gasp!) album. Just for me - maybe a collection of thoughts, things I'm learning, scripture, etc. But I feel like it needs to be small to be manageable for me.

Honestly - I have been pretty much strictly digital for the last 5 years. But, I just signed up for Wilna Furstenberg's Color Theory class because I am just completely amazed and inspired by her. So I registered and then panicked a bit because how am I going to actually use her paint techniques?? Maybe a small journal type album will work for me.

4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I think it might be hard to find only since that is an odd size, lol! :) In the past, (way past), when I was a stamper/scrapbooker, it was mostly standard sizes.

I found this... but don't know if it would fit through a printer. It's more for painting/watercoloring. It might work for the class though. This one is a pad though, so no binder to rip the paper from. And, at Walmart too. lol!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Strathmore-Mixed-Media-Paper-Pad-6-x-8-15-Sheets/23081464

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  5. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

It probably costs the same as a letter sized sheet. Why not just cut it down on a paper cutter?

6. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Thanks. I'l check that out.

Well, just cause I'm lazy! :giggle But, that may be what I end up doing.

7. MelanieB

MelanieB Well-Known Member

You could always make your own backgrounds with paper & paint and print out some digital layouts on them? Or print out your digital papers, some elements & your photos and create a layout on your painted background?

I just googled "Wilna Furstenberg's Color Theory class." I admire you for taking on this challenge! I am terrified of paint & paper scrapbooking because I am not creative without Photoshop! I wish you the best & I will keep my eye out for 6x8 textured paper. I signed up for the year of mini-album classes at SC & I keep telling myself it's OK if I don't follow the class to a T & I finish a bit later than the class. As long as I finish with a mini-album as some point, I'll be happy.