January 31: Pocket Page

Discussion in 'MOC Challenges' started by lmccandless, Jan 31, 2015.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

You've made it to the very last challenge! Thank you to everyone for sharing this month with us. We hope that you've been inspired and stretched, welcomed in the forum and loved in the gallery, and most of all, challenged! We also hope you'll join us in February for our regularly monthly challenges. Did you know that you can earn a 30% off coupon and a guest Polly spot by completing our monthly challenges? Very fun. We also have an exciting new event coming to TLP in March. So, stay tuned for that as well!

To wrap up MOC, I am sharing a challenge that's near and dear to my own heart: pocket scrapping. This is my 5th year of weekly Project Life, but I've also used pocket pages in a variety of projects. I know some of you love this style of scrapping and some of you are scared of it or don't like it. Either way, let's have some fun with this and give it a fresh twist! We are going to take pocket scrapping out of the weekly/monthly format that's typically used and, instead, focus on storytelling in the pocket format.

I'd like you to collect at least 3 photos taken at different times that share a similar theme or content. Then, build your pocket page as narrative about those photos.

For this challenge, you must use the following:
    - a pocket page protector
    - at least 2 journal cards
    - at least 3 photos taken at different times
    - at least 4 sentences of journaling, which can be spread throughout the page
    - title work using an alpha or word art
    - a frame
    - a date stamp
    You can include any other pieces you wish, but the above items MUST be used.
    Your layout can be any size and may be digital or hybrid.

----
    General MOC rules: Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Please post your page in your page thread you created in this folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean. You should also post your page here in this thread, and people can comment here if they wish. Pages should contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

-------------------

Here's my page about my daughters and their cousins over the last few years. It's a really beautiful relationship that was meaningful for me to document in a non-chronological and narrative way.

[​IMG]

-------------------
    I am really looking forward to seeing what you create for this final challenge! :wub

--------------------
    Here are a few pocket page protectors if you need help:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

For those who need a freebie, Valorie Wibbens has one. You can download it by becoming a fan of her Facebook page.
    [​IMG]

And be sure to check out Memory Pockets Monthly for more inspiration! (Please note the pocket protector is not included in this set.)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  2. ArisaMinamoto

ArisaMinamoto Crazy for Coffee

3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Yes Cath - i have that set and it has plastic pockets

4. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
  5. lmccandless

6. lmccandless

I fixed that link you gave because you accidentally linked to a download in your own account. Oops! ;)

7. ArisaMinamoto

ArisaMinamoto Crazy for Coffee

lol... yes i corrected it :)

8. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

Wow, thank you so much

9. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I literally do not have a single pocket page protector. It has to be a full page protector? I have individual pockets but not a page. :/

10. zanthia

zanthia CT - Kate Hadfield

omg i don't think if i have a pocket protector - since its 75% where can i found a freebie if i don't have one

will look thru templates i ahve.

this will be just awful if i do 30 days and can't do 31 because of one item.

11. lorryfach

Yeah, this is freaking me out too. I don't want to buy one because I don't like them and I'll never use it again.

12. zanthia

i have no money to buy kits - been mainly using freebies that are now in stores for all the moc and a couple of kits that were bought a few years ago.

13. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Why this? I never, ever do this kind of layouts but I do have Jamies Storyteller so I need to dig in to one of those :)

14. zanthia

what is a date stamp

15. lmccandless

16. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

Not to gripe but I do Project Life but don't have actual plastic protectors on the pages, just same design no protector. Anyone have a freebee to link for those of us that won't be using that again?

17. lmccandless

I've included a free one in my original post and just above yours. :)

18. lorryfach

Laura, that freebie is one square plastic pocket. It is not a whole page.

19. lmccandless

It doesn't matter what size the protector is - as long as you have one on there. And you can certainly use a cluster of the the way Val did on her preview if you wish. :)

20. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

thank you laura