January 16: Do Over Challenge

Discussion in 'MOC Challenges' started by Dana, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Dana

Dana Dana

Hi everyone! Who is ready to start the second half of the MOC?? :yesss I am so so so impressed by all of you who are getting ALL the pages done! My goal is for about half, I think :giggle

For this challenge, we are doing the "Do Over" Challenge - and I am giving you two different options for approaching it. The basic premise is that you take a previous page you have made but may not love, and re-do it. I know some people don't like to re-scrap something they've already finished, so I've come up with a second option which will hopefully work for you.

Option One:
    Find a page that you did in the past, but are not completely happy with (either because your style has changed, you didn't add journaling, etc - ANY reason). This page does not have to be here in your TLP gallery or have used TLP products. Using the same picture, re-scrap your page and create something you love :heartlub.

Option Two:
    Find a page that you did in the past - and create another using the same design and same general theme (e.g., celebrating a birthday, halloween costumes, etc) - but you should use a new picture.

Any questions? Just ask here and I'll clarify :thumbsups

Special Note - there is a Speed Scrap today :yesss If you planning to participate, you can go for Option One and have your page count for this challenge!!

Here's a little page from me - I went with Option Two and recreated a 40 by 40 page i did 4 years ago ... sadly a lot of the goals remained the same! LOL!

New Page:
    [​IMG]

Original Page:
    [​IMG]

The Challenge:
    Now it's your turn! Pick one of the options and scrap a Do-Over Page. Post your page here - along with the original page so we can see the changes :giggle

I know this thread is going to fill up with stunning pages, so don't forget to give our fellow scrappers some love in the gallery.

Challenge Details:
    Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. You CAN select Option One and create a page during today's speed scrap :yesss Please post your page in the page thread you created in this forum. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean. You should also post your page here in this thread, and people can comment here if they wish. Pages should contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i anticipated this topic - i have a layout in mind already so i'm going to bed and will try to dream of a better way to re-scrap it after reorganizing my stash today
    here's my 'in need of a make over' 2012 LO i couldnt bring myself to put in the album i ordered from shutterfly the other week
    [​IMG]

here's my re-do:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  3. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka Well-Known Member

great challenge ! Very good idea

4. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Hmm, let's see what I will work with...

5. ArisaMinamoto

ArisaMinamoto Crazy for Coffee

i choose option 2
    [​IMG]

my new page --->
    [​IMG]

6. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Oh! So many old layouts that need updating!!! It is hard to pick.

This one is heavy and the papers/design are overpowering the cute picture. I am going to see how I can fix it today :)

[​IMG]

new version

[​IMG]

7. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

As I have been digi for over eight years, the big question is which layout should I redo cause many of them need help. lol

8. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka Well-Known Member

my original page :
    [​IMG]

My new page :
    [​IMG]

9. gybogi

gybogi Giddiyup!

fun challange!

mine:
    [​IMG]

and the original one:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  10. TwoTinyTurtles

TwoTinyTurtles CT - Just Jaimee

11. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I'm going to do this page over - some how the brown background doesn't say happiness about winter...

[​IMG]

and here is my do over:
    [​IMG]

12. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

So option 2 is basically scraplifting yourself?

13. chili

chili When in Rome ...

~is it possible re-scrap one of those from this year's MOC ??? cause I really do not like my photo-less one

14. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

I'm not seeing today's speed scrap on the calendar here, what time will it be?

15. lmuscarella22

lmuscarella22 Well-Known Member

If we do option 1 - does it have to be a page we've scrapped digitally, or could it have been a paper page I did?

16. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

[​IMG]

rescrap of last year's moc quickpage

[​IMG]

17. Dana

Dana Dana

yes - but you need to keep both the design AND the theme the same. e.g., you should not select and all-about-me page and turn it into a new christmas page with the kids :)

18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

19. Dana

Dana Dana

it can be a paper page, as long as you can show me a picture of it :)

20. Dana

Dana Dana