Apple Nerds?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Karen, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Anyone else a little excited to see what they finally announce from Apple in regard to the new iPhones today? There have been so many leaked photos and articles about what people think is coming, it's going to be fun to hear from the horse's mouth today! I think I want to get the big ole fat iPhone 6 that everyone says they are going to be releasing soon.

2. JuliettePerkins

JuliettePerkins I eat, sleep, breathe Apple.

YES!

I'm geeeeeeking out so hard. It starts at 6pm for us - so we're getting out of work, going to grab pizza, getting home and planting ourselves on the sofa and switching on the Apple TV!

I can't wait for Mac OS Yosemite, for the new phone, the new ipad, the new wearable. OMG.

3. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

So today's just announcement day, not release day?

4. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

WHAT!!!! I WANT THE NEW IPAD!!! SOON!!

5. JuliettePerkins

It looks like (probably) the new iPhone 6 will be released to stores around 19th and iOS 8 a week or two later. I'm not clued in as to when Yosemite will be, a little while later probably. Apparently there'll be an iPad announcement tonight, along with a wearable iDevice too. Can you tell I'm a nerd? :P

6. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

please update me on the iPad NERD!!

7. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

LOL! I think it's cute that you love it so much! I'm an iwh*re myself. :giggle

8. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

9. JuliettePerkins

We've given up... the stream is so bad with the asian translator and it dropping out all the time, it even crashed our Apple TV. We're going to watch it in a couple of hours when they've uploaded it :)

10. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

iPhone 6 Plus WILL BE MINE

11. JuliettePerkins

I might consider selling my iPad mini and my iPhone 5 to get an iPhone 6+... I'm not sure yet.

12. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

I think it's a total sign that the camera on my 5S started acting up today :giggle

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I want that iPhone 6+..... mmmm..... I think I'll have to start DH about taking my iPhone 5 and I get the plus, lol!

14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have been soooo excited for this! My iPhone 5 camera went out a month or so ago and it has been driving me crazy not to be able to take photos, but I knew the 6 was coming so I've waited...not so patiently! I don't really want the 6+, the 6 is good for me :)

15. Karen

I think I want the 6+ too! I am going to patiently wait until they arrive at our Best Buy and then I'm going to go touch them all and see how big they feel in my hand.

Anyone want the Apple Watch? I think it's a cool idea, but I don't know if it's worth the money. I also fear that it would be super huge on my wrist. It would be fun to track my exercise, but otherwise, I'm not sure why I need one. You know, other than it's new and cool!

16. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

17. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

If it was Waterproof, MAYBE. I suppose that company that waterproofs the iPods will start doing it, but that adds another $100 on. I dunno, considering you need your phone for it to work and i don't carry my phone when I run, it isn't useful for exercise. And my phone is in my hand the rest of the time so why would I need the watch at that point? lol

18. Karen

19. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

OMG the sweater guy is hilarious! i love reading all the tweets about it. thanks for sharing lynette.

i just got the 5S iphone, and although i love my apple stuff, i am not a die hard bc i am too cheap to part with my $ to have every latest and greatest version. i usually wait until the next one or two before i upgrade, otherwise it seems like a waste of money.

really Angie... the watch needs the iphone to work?!?! how does that make it worth while for running? :dizzy

20. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

EEK. I am a total  Nerd!

I watched every video... like 5 times, LOL.

I SO WANT a 6. Not sure about the 6+ though b/c I keep mine tucked in my back pocket quite a bit... thinking that may be too big.
    I'm going to be patient and not pre-order so I can "feel" them.

Bottom line is that the 6+ may not be worth the extra $$$ anyway.

I'm just so happy that we are due an upgrade and DH doesn't care to upgrade from his 5. Yay for me :)

Re: the Watch... I thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread (comes in 2 sizes, Karen... women's and men's). My DH said it was a "piece of junk" and completely redundant :giggle So thinking we won't own one of those any time soon, hehe.

Sigh. Apple. LOL.