Pad Patter: 3/28 - Cereal

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Mar 28, 2014.

1. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

I used to be a cereal addict. Breakfast, lunch dinner...snack...

When I was a kid, it was sugary cereals. Gettin' older, I changed to things like Mini-Wheats and Flakes of various sorts. Over the past few years, tho, I realized how expensive the stuff was, and how much I disliked the origins of milk (ie, what do these farms do with all those calves the grows in order to produce all that milk, eh?). Also, I realized every time I had dairy my gut would not respond very well.

So now, my formerly cereal-hating daughter is the one who has cereal (with almond milk). My son almost never touches the stuff. And neither do I. I prefer a bagel with cream cheese, or bagel with egg, avocado & a little bit of cheese for breakfast. Or a banana.

(weird, it's the same with TV. I used to watch tons of TV. now I can [almost] care less about it)

2. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Seriously? To take the place of Saltine crackers?

3. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

So many cereals that I haven't heard of...

Don't like the sugary ones, they make my teeth hurt - although I do add my own sugar to wheat bix (not sure what the American equivalent is) - generally all I have for brekky plus a glass of OJ.

4. renee82

renee82 renee82

I usually eat Special K because it's healthy but when I'm in the mood for sugary I love Cap N' Cruch, Lucky Charms and Mini Wheats!

5. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

Ummm....????!!!

I used to be a huge cereal fan.. There was a time during pg#2 when I ate it for three meals a day.. Now, not so much... It's much faster for me to take a smoothie on the way out the door, and much better for me, too.. :) My fave, though, used to be Lucky Charms. I also really liked Grape Nuts and have thought of grabbing some of that again to mix In with my yogurt at lunch..

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  6. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

My favorite is captain crunch or cinnamon life! I don't eat breakfast that often, but my girls will eat fruity pebbles for every meal if I let them.

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Probably a rhetorical question, but when I lived and worked on a farm, once the heifers were not producing milk anymore, they were sent to become meat.

I used to be a big cereal person, but now I'm not. I don't like the rawness that it leaves in the top of my mouth. I will still have an occasional bowl is honeycomb, sugar crisp, or captain crunch. I'd rather toast and chocolate milk though.

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love cereal even though its not a great breakfast choice. My favorite is chocolate mini wheats.

9. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

No...because it doesn't like me. If it did and I could, I'd eat Frosted Mini Wheat for every meal!

10. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Being gluten free really limits cereal options, but I have the occasional bowl of Rice Chex with Almond Milk. I do like hot cereal and eat a fair amount of GF oatmeal.

11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

me I am a raisin bran and granola girl with greek yogurt and some fruit... for whatever reason I like my cereal dry although I will mix it with the yogurt. I agree with the too much sugar in the raisin bran and seriously considering the Wheaties and adding in my own raisins... tried an experiment this week by changing to the special k with no fruit and seeing if the sugars in the RB/Granola are causing me to be up a few extras... I can't eat eggs by themselves as I get nauseous from it as it reeks havoc with my stomach so for the past several years it has been daily yogurt with some cereal and fruit.