Nail Polish

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Jan 2, 2014.

1. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

Yes!! Small world, lol!

2. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

I love the Freedom Top Coat Julep has but mine's empty. LOL I like their Oxygen base, too... it's so shiny.

Here's HK Girl: http://glistenandglow.bigcartel.com/category/hk-girl-top-coat
    This stuff is ridiculous. It dries quick and it's so smooth. Really awesome if you like glitter.

3. AllisonPennington

I love her swatches.

4. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

I ordered some yesterday :)

5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I am boring.. I go for the French gel shellac on my hands and the regular French on my toes... the gold glitter is pretty... I go for the French as when it starts to grow out it is not so noticeable and I can fill in with clear if I can't go for the mani pedi.. I cannot do my own nails- always mess them up and I can't cut them as it is too hard for me to do so I go once a month and get a mani pedi. I never had long nails until about 2 years ago... lol.. I turned into the girlie girl late in life... once I turned 50 I started wearing open toed shoes ... LOL

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I bought a Sally Hansen foil silver nail polish that I am in love with. I need to do my nails again, they are a mess right now.

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Ok, these are not my nails but this is the nail polish I am talking about. I AM IN LOVE WITH IT!

[​IMG]

8. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

Ooh that is so pretty but my nails are so badly bitten so no nail polish here,gabbi always comes back from my sisters with hers painted pretty

9. AllisonPennington

Yay! We can be HK Girls together!!

10. AllisonPennington

So you're saying there's still hope for me to be girly someday?!

11. threeunderfour

threeunderfour Trying to keep up...

My 7 year old daughter and I just searched thru pinterest and picked out nail art for our nails. We have a movie/nail polish night once a month or so. She has 2 different shades of blue on her hands - white chevrons on one hand and white anchors on the other. Plain hot pink on the toes. I have cherry red with silver crackle on my fingers and purple on my toes (silver crackle on my big toes) We don't do any super expensive...just cheap stuff from Target. In fact, I think the purple on my toes was "hello Kitty" nail polish....whooooo! fancyyyy!

12. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Oh fun stuff. I really like the gold glitter ombre technique. Sadly, I am a nail biter unless I am wearing acrylic/gel with french tip. Currently my nails look terrible.
    Also, I am not a fan of painting my fingernails bc I cannot even describe the weird feeling that I get when I have nail polish on my fingers. It's just ewww... I feel like my fingers can't breathe. Crazy right? EEK! One of my quirks. I do wonder if this would be different in the instance of some of the higher end polishes mentioned here, or even if all my troubles would be fixed if my nails were ever beyond the tips of my fingers. :giggle

I do however keep my toes pretty year round. Living in Texas, it's flip flops and open toe shoes nearly year round, so I do keep the toes painted almost all the time.

13. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

It's a little sick how excited I am about it.

14. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

my daughter works at Starbucks and they are not allowed nail polish or strange colours in their hair (like pink, purple, etc.). I love nail polish but rarely wear it. I need to get in touch with my inner girly side this year!!

15. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

You have successfully enabled me. :)

16. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

My nails are awful and bust constantly so I do not paint them. I would really love nice nails. I'd love acrylics but I hate what they do to my natural nail.

My toes are always painted, though. Always. For Christmas I did a deep wine with a pretty old glitter topcoat. My usual favorite is pretty much any shade of blue.

I love the Seche Vite quick dry topcoat but I hate the smell and I feel like the color starts to peel up quickly. I will have to try the Glisten & Glow - that's a great price!

17. AllisonPennington

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  18. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I really need to stay out of this thread. :backing

19. AllisonPennington

20. AllisonPennington

I got a freebie in the mail today from Darling Diva that I already have... maybe it's time for another polish giveaway. :)