Nail Polish

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Jan 2, 2014.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

What are your current favs for nail polish?

I am super in love with this look.
    [​IMG]

2. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

oooh! that is pretty! i especially love the glittery one... how do you go about doing that exactly??

i'm not aloud to have polish for work, so i don't usually wear it... such a pain to paint my nails for the weekend and then wipe it off on sunday. :(

3. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  4. RebeccaH

i know! you would think the gloves would be sufficient, but polish is a health code violation. :(
    still, i have a few days before we go back, so it could be fun to try!

5. RebeccaH

oooh! and that looks super easy! i might give it a try for fun! i be meagan would love it too!!

6. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

I love how people are doing different things on each (or one) nail. Fun! I don't have nice nails.

7. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I love to play with polish and fun colors and stuff (being that I was a nail tech for years), but I have my natural nails right now and I can never get polish to stay pretty for even one day! Those must be gel or shellac?! Love that looks! I have bought the new "week" long polish by CND (Vinylux), and can maybe get 2 good days out of it, but don't want the damaging effects of the gel or acrylic anymore. I might break down for my vacation in Feb. though. It's always nice to have beautiful nails for vacation!

8. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

That looks so cool! I love glittery nails and I think I even have some gold glitter. I just got an essie gift set for Christmas with some nic colors that I can't wait to use.

Of course, I'm just lazy about actually getting around to painting my nails. I need to get on that!

9. renee82

renee82 renee82

I LOVE nail polish but with the frequent hand washing I do for work, I very rarely paint them. Plus as soon as there's one chip I have to take it all of. My toe nails are another story. I love having my toe nails painted. Usually in the purple range.

10. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

11. milo82

milo82 milo82

Oooh I love that glitter effect Laura and so easy too!! And Lauracw, your sister had some pretty stuff too, wow!

I always bit my nails, but quit that nasty habit aout a year ago and ever since I can't go a day without nailpolish!!! I'm keeping my nails longer without any other acrylic layer or something....simply cause my nails are amazingly hard!! Ever since I quit biting, I hate dirty nails...hehe.

I do have to say I only use OPI and the first few months after biting I bought myself a new color each month, but kind of stopped doing that, since they're pretty expensive here (14,25 euro!!!)...Now I only buy a pretty color when I see one or want something else...I've got about 5 fav colors that I keep using, but never really do any special painting though...But could always use some easy-peasy trics and ideas :)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Oh, I wish I could do cool things like that. I just have zero eye-hand coordination. It's why I digitally scrap instead of paper scrap. :)

13. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

I love that look! The only time I seem to not pick at my nails or bite them is when there's polish on them.

14. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

I use Seche Vite topcoat, and it's amazing. It's dry to the touch for the most part withing a minute or two. I'll still knick a nail if I hit a sharp corner or try to pry something open, but for things like typing and general day to day things I don't usually ruin a nail.

15. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

That's your sister!!!! I've liked her page forever!

16. AllisonPennington

I'm obsessed. I have way too many bottles. Wayyyy too many. I think there's at least 26 polishes that were added to my haul in December. It helps that Brett is a hairdresser and I fully take advantage of his beautician license. But unfortunately I'm also obsessed with indie brands and they cost a lot more. And I like decals and striping and have my own brand of nail pretties releasing soon. Pbbbblt Cause there's time for that.

I'm wearing Darling Diva Rupaulogize right now and I LOVE it.

I was a die hard Seche girl too but I hate the tip shrinkage and it dulls holos. I finally tried Glisten & Glows HK Girl and WOW. Best top coat ever. Venique has a nice new top coat, too. Wet Look or something like that. (BTW, if you have access to it? Venique literally makes the best quality nail polish. The brush is amazing, too)

Okay. Done.

17. AllisonPennington

That's how I quit biting after 28+ years of bit to the quick nails. I painted them obsessively. Bright colors so I could see them coming at my face and redirect them. LOL

18. mummyd

mummyd Iron Maiden ...

very nice, I would love some nice long nails, but I either bite the off or rip the off, so short stubby, mis shaped nails for me, not pretty at all

19. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

I'll have to look for that top coat. I'm not a fan of how the Seche Vite shrinks if I'm not super careful about running it all the way to the end of my nail. I have a polymer top coat from Julep that dries really fast, too, but it shrinks even worse than the Seche Vite. I have a friend who's a beautician so I should ask her if they have that Venique line at the salon supply stores. I'm a nail polish junkie, too. Half of the top drawer of my desk is just nail polish bottles - but nothing as fancy as what you have.

20. rfeewjlj

rfeewjlj Only ONE N, people, ONE!

I am currently using the Vinylux polish and top coat and I've found that some of the colors last longer than others. It's still better than regular polish (for me) but I have found that not all colors are created equal. I'm not sure if it's just an age thing (who knows how long they've been sitting on a shelf somewhere) or if it's just the formula for each color but I wish it worked the same for all. I still only get about 5 days out of it but for me, that's a huge improvement over the normal stuff like OPI or China glaze.